Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? 11:57 - Oct 22 with 3064 viewsSteve_M

Jay Rayner declines to eat at Nusr-Et.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/oct/17/jay-rayner-restaurant-review-kebab-

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 12:04 - Oct 22 with 2375 viewsKeno

he isnt impressed is he!!

I wondered what they would charge for bangers and mash?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 12:31 - Oct 22 with 2312 viewshomer_123

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 12:04 - Oct 22 by Keno

Not enough?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 12:33 - Oct 22 with 2310 viewsbaxterbasics

Fun. I now want a kebab.

I saw elsewhere that the edible gold leaf stuff they coat the meat with, costs about a tenner for a book of sheets.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 12:35 - Oct 22 with 2296 viewshype313

Could have guessed the sort of customer that attends that place.

It's a marketing concept, insta generation of restaurants.

Best to steer well clear even if you had the funds to pay for it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:02 - Oct 22 with 2234 viewsEwan_Oozami

He's got the same acerbic wit as his mother had....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:18 - Oct 22 with 2192 viewsBlueBadger

That is truly magnificent.

Up there with Taylor Parkes on Tim Lovejoy.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 13:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:22 - Oct 22 with 2183 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:18 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

Parkes on Lovejoy you say?

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:22 - Oct 22 with 2178 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 12:33 - Oct 22 by baxterbasics

Fun. I now want a kebab.

I saw elsewhere that the edible gold leaf stuff they coat the meat with, costs about a tenner for a book of sheets.

'There is a 1976 essay on the end of empires by the fabulously named General Sir John Glubb which is instructional here. He posits that empires move from affluence to decadence easily, and then collapse. Sitting at my picnic table holding one of Kebab Kid’s finest, I wonder whether we are now teetering on the edge. After all, as well as tasting of nothing, all that gold leaf will pass straight through the body. So let me leave you with this image: Salt Bae’s customers, the morning after the night before, getting off the throne, looking down and clocking that all their money has bought them is a bunch of glittering turds.'

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:26 - Oct 22 with 2175 viewsMaySixth

My Dad used to babysit Jay Rayner when he was a kid (my old man used to know his Mum well and sorted out specs for the family).

"The kid was a litte c**t" was my father's description.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:31 - Oct 22 with 2155 viewsMaySixth

Good review though!

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 14:14 - Oct 22 with 2079 viewseastangliaisblue

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:22 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

That article is a thing of beauty, as are some of the comments below it.
This one made me chuckle:

A t**t ... synonym, a Chelsea supporter post 2001. An embarrassment to the beautiful game of Finney and Shankley. My grandad would've hit him in his L'orel man experted f***ing face.
Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 14:21 - Oct 22 with 2050 viewsGuthrum

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:22 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

'There is a 1976 essay on the end of empires by the fabulously named General Sir John Glubb which is instructional here. He posits that empires move from affluence to decadence easily, and then collapse. Sitting at my picnic table holding one of Kebab Kid’s finest, I wonder whether we are now teetering on the edge. After all, as well as tasting of nothing, all that gold leaf will pass straight through the body. So let me leave you with this image: Salt Bae’s customers, the morning after the night before, getting off the throne, looking down and clocking that all their money has bought them is a bunch of glittering turds.'

Aka Glubb Pasha, the British officer who built the Jordanian army.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 14:25 - Oct 22 with 2039 viewsGuthrum

TBH 'vvankers in finance' (sic) are going to be burning that kind of money anyway. All part of the Loadsamoney schtik. Fair play to Salt Bloke for creaming off a slice for a bit of performance art.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 16:33 - Oct 22 with 1954 viewslinhdi

Thank you for reminding me of that review...
Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 16:34 - Oct 22 with 1945 viewsElderGrizzly

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 12:04 - Oct 22 by Keno

They charge £19 for a side of mash…
Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 16:38 - Oct 22 with 1939 viewsElderGrizzly

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:18 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

This is perfect:

“Imagine Rod Hull’s Emu, bare naked and disgracing himself by vomiting down his own neck”
Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 16:45 - Oct 22 with 1918 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Lets be honest now, if any of us had the cash we would eat in there just to see what the fuss is about.
Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 16:49 - Oct 22 with 1907 viewsfactual_blue

Disappointing link.

I was expecting something about roguish antiques dealer Lovejoy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 19:03 - Oct 22 with 1821 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:26 - Oct 22 by MaySixth

My Dad used to babysit Jay Rayner when he was a kid (my old man used to know his Mum well and sorted out specs for the family).

"The kid was a litte c**t" was my father's description.

The daughter is a very decent person though, isn't she?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 20:21 - Oct 22 with 1727 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 16:45 - Oct 22 by BlueBlueBluex2

Lets be honest now, if any of us had the cash we would eat in there just to see what the fuss is about.

A lot of the time I think the rich do things just because they can rather than because it's genuinely worth the money.

Anyone who has managed to tax stupidity deserves the money.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 20:29 - Oct 22 with 1714 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 20:21 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

A lot of the time I think the rich do things just because they can rather than because it's genuinely worth the money.

Anyone who has managed to tax stupidity deserves the money.

£11 for a red bull is peanuts if you are wealthy enough.

Money buys you experiences, the material things become very ‘samey’ after a while and so, Salt Bae, and gold steaks, why the hell not. Count me in.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 20:29]
Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 21:23 - Oct 22 with 1636 viewsbournemouthblue

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 20:29 - Oct 22 by BlueBlueBluex2

£11 for a red bull is peanuts if you are wealthy enough.

Money buys you experiences, the material things become very ‘samey’ after a while and so, Salt Bae, and gold steaks, why the hell not. Count me in.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 20:29]

Aren't they ludicrously expensive?

The food looks good to be fair but as people say, it's certainly Instagram fuelled

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 21:37 - Oct 22 with 1590 viewsCoastalblue

I'm with him on Kebab Kid, decent fare on offer there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 23:00 - Oct 22 with 1500 viewsXYZ

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 16:45 - Oct 22 by BlueBlueBluex2

I have the cash. I won't be.
Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 23:13 - Oct 22 with 1482 viewsDarth_Koont

Not his fault and I enjoyed the article but if the Guardian was as interested in “exposing” 4+ million children living in poverty then that would be nice.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024