Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Major Major. 09:26 - Nov 6 with 689 viewsNthQldITFC

Great interview with John Major on Radio 4 this morning. He was utterly scathing of Johnson and his corrupt cronies. How will we use the system to throw them out, when they are attempting to redefine the system to their venal ends with no sense of shame? Catch 22.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Major Major. on 09:47 - Nov 6 with 612 viewsBlueBadger

Would this be the same Major who's final years as PM were riddled with corruption, incompetence and scandal?
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 9:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Major Major. on 09:50 - Nov 6 with 597 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Major Major. on 09:47 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

Would this be the same Major who's final years as PM were riddled with corruption, incompetence and scandal?

Giving him, one might have imagined, a bit of an insight into the actions of our current government.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Major Major. on 11:19 - Nov 6 with 469 viewsNthQldITFC

Yes indeed, and no fan of his, but by the gods he'd be an improvement on the filth we have now. A case of rabbit turd, compared to dog turd in the "what would you rather step in?" stakes.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Major Major. on 11:23 - Nov 6 with 465 viewsVic

Tell me a PM in the last 40 years that hasn’t been a bit suspect in some area or other?

Edit - and that isn’t defending Johnson, who I cannot stand. Didn’t vote for him and never will.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 11:24]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Major Major. on 11:52 - Nov 6 with 394 viewsRadioOrwell

Which he tacked by setting up the body to investigate corruption. The one that Doris wanted to overrule.
Also worth noting none of the corruption was his own.
Major Major. on 11:57 - Nov 6 with 378 viewsunstableblue

Major Major. on 11:23 - Nov 6 by Vic

Tell me a PM in the last 40 years that hasn’t been a bit suspect in some area or other?

Edit - and that isn’t defending Johnson, who I cannot stand. Didn’t vote for him and never will.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 11:24]

Did Gordon Brown do anything particularly wrong? Ditto Major himself. Apart from not being charismatic

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Major Major. on 12:07 - Nov 6 with 360 viewsCoastalblue

Major Major. on 11:57 - Nov 6 by unstableblue

Did Gordon Brown do anything particularly wrong? Ditto Major himself. Apart from not being charismatic

I think Major probably let himself down with his moral conduct, and probably the last person most would have expected that from but I do feel he's probably a rarity in being a British politician who's actually a reasonably decent person underneath, likewise Brown, though i was a fan of neither at their time.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024