Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An awful insight to our club's plight 22:33 - Jul 25 with 22638 viewsunstableblue

I had the chance to spend the day with a early 20s rabid Bristol City fan through work.

Lovely guy, reminds me of my 20 something self in that despite having an exciting life in Brixton he makes the pilgrimage to Ashton Gate for home games. For example he was missing a party on Friday and taking half a day holiday just to go and see them play FC Twente.

Anyway I revealed my Town fan support, AND THEN IT CAME. This awful negative view of Ipswich as a team and club.

Because you see he doesn't know the Ipswich under Robson, or Burley. Or perhaps even Royle and Magilton. He just know the dirge that is McCarthy.

"Arghhh I hate Ipswich, they play awful stuff and the games are terrible!!", "so boring, long ball", "you had that good season a few seasons back, but it's been poor" "are you the longest serving team in the championship?!"

It just really struck me how low we have sunk, and how so many on here have lowered there standards that they somehow justify the depths we have plummeted.

Yes I know as always I'm being dramatic, and indeed I had been sucked into some of that pre-season blue goggle wearing, but we need to sign 2 BIG players and mick just HAS TO CONSISTENTLY IMPROVE THE STYLE!!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:24 - Jul 26 with 6281 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:19 - Jul 26 by Benters

Funny that as i reckon last season we were the most boring team to watch in the league.

Balls.

Based on the one game you saw?

Hmmm. Ok.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:29 - Jul 26 with 6275 viewsbrogansnose

Funny that as i reckon last season we were the most boring team to watch in the league.

Balls.

Indeed.
An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:34 - Jul 26 with 6264 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:29 - Jul 26 by brogansnose

Indeed.

End of .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:37 - Jul 26 with 6260 viewsbrogansnose

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:34 - Jul 26 by Benters

End of .

And good night.

Actually I'm off to work. Have fun with your Hydrangeas!!!!
An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:43 - Jul 26 with 6252 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:24 - Jul 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Based on the one game you saw?

Hmmm. Ok.

'Based on'

Watching on The telly,having friends at the games (i know loads of season ticket holders) and listening on the radio,also reading on here.

3000 people in 2 seasons have had enough,and i bet the majority didnt walk over the cost,its St.MM and his playing style they dont like.

Gentlybentley

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:50 - Jul 26 with 6248 viewsKeaneish

An awful insight to our club's plight on 03:20 - Jul 26 by Currie10

To be bluntly honest I couldn't give two hoots if other fans view us as that.

Like or hate Mick, he's the most successful manager since Royle. He hasn't had the budget the three previous ' managers ' did yet he scraped a team with Tabb / Skuse and Anderson in the same midfield to a top 6 finish. Loved going to games that season. Season after barring injury to Dids / Bish and Fraser again we'd have been top 6.

Give Mick some dosh and we'd do alright me thinks. We cannot play pretty footy on this budget.

Money and passing football have never and never will be related. All footballers want to play passing football, it's what makes someone want to play and be a footballer.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:56 - Jul 26 with 6244 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:43 - Jul 26 by Benters

'Based on'

Watching on The telly,having friends at the games (i know loads of season ticket holders) and listening on the radio,also reading on here.

3000 people in 2 seasons have had enough,and i bet the majority didnt walk over the cost,its St.MM and his playing style they dont like.

None of those explain why we were the worst footballing team last season

We clearly weren't. Some of the sides were far worse than us last season. They just were

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:00 - Jul 26 with 6235 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:37 - Jul 26 by brogansnose

And good night.

Actually I'm off to work. Have fun with your Hydrangeas!!!!

Cheers start another new garden today !

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:04 - Jul 26 with 6231 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:00 - Jul 26 by Benters

Cheers start another new garden today !

How far do you travel to do yours Benters? And do you use the lawn mowers they own or take your own?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:08 - Jul 26 with 6229 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:50 - Jul 26 by Keaneish

Money and passing football have never and never will be related. All footballers want to play passing football, it's what makes someone want to play and be a footballer.

This .

We play 'Hoofball' which is basically give it to Skuse,he passes it either back or sideways,then it happens 'HOOF' and they chase it.

Gentlybentley

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:15 - Jul 26 with 6218 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:04 - Jul 26 by The_Romford_Blue

How far do you travel to do yours Benters? And do you use the lawn mowers they own or take your own?

1-12miles .

I dont do a lot of lawns,people seem happy cutting grass its all the other sh1t they dont like.

Gentlybentley

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:18 - Jul 26 with 6212 viewsFreddy

An awful insight to our club's plight on 23:30 - Jul 25 by ronnyd

At least Brizzle got a decent pre season friendly in FC Twente.

Exactly, shame we haven't got a decent pre season friendly lined up ?
An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:21 - Jul 26 with 6214 viewsBlueBadger

You appear to have spelt 'I'm gutted we didn't lose last night. So I'll do THIS instead' wrong.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:23 - Jul 26 with 6210 viewstcblue

We are an entitled lot, aren't we? Expecting our owner to throw his money into the team every year to keep up with the madness which has happened since he took over (I don't think we should), expecting sexy and competitive football.

I don't disagree that last season we played some rotten football. But are you really looking for great football at the expense of everything? It's a balancing act, one which Mick admits he got wrong last season.

I don't expect anyone to just put up with it, but I also couldn't give less of a toss what other fans think of us. And I'm giving Mick and the team a fresh slate this season. Anything else just doesn't seem like being a 'supporter'.

Balls
An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:24 - Jul 26 with 6203 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:18 - Jul 26 by Freddy

Its all about the money .

Gentlybentley

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:27 - Jul 26 with 6198 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:21 - Jul 26 by BlueBadger

You appear to have spelt 'I'm gutted we didn't lose last night. So I'll do THIS instead' wrong.

Hang on Bodger,are we going to have a parade as we beat Colwho 1-0 !

Gentlybentley

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:35 - Jul 26 with 6178 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:53 - Jul 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

Exactly. We have the pest as an owner and this summer is no different to the previous ones. No significant investment to make us progressive, better and stronger.

And you say fans accept it therefore he'll never ever find an easier environment in football. Just smashing, easy going Ipswich fanbase who will be walking around with his name on their blue shirts.

Smashing

Gentlybentley

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:37 - Jul 26 with 6173 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:15 - Jul 26 by Benters

1-12miles .

I dont do a lot of lawns,people seem happy cutting grass its all the other sh1t they dont like.

Cutting the lawn is the simple but ain't it.

It's the stuff outside of the lawn that needs care, time and attention.

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:41 - Jul 26 with 6162 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:18 - Jul 26 by Freddy

A decent home freindly would have cost St.Marcus dosh.

End of.

Gentlybentley

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:54 - Jul 26 with 6144 viewsHerbivore

Balls.

How can you make that claim when you didn't see any games?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 08:05 - Jul 26 with 6123 viewsPJH

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:54 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

How can you make that claim when you didn't see any games?

Actually as he was a supporter of the other 23 teams in the league he seems quite well qualified.
An awful insight to our club's plight on 08:17 - Jul 26 with 6113 viewsBlueBadger

An awful insight to our club's plight on 07:27 - Jul 26 by Benters

Hang on Bodger,are we going to have a parade as we beat Colwho 1-0 !

I'm suggetsing that perhaps we don't react with barely concealed glee because one of the voices in UB's head has a west country accent.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 15:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 08:27 - Jul 26 with 6098 viewsGuthrum

He's actually only come out with the bog standard set of Mick McCarthy cliches.

We've had a couple of bad games at Ashton Gate (for one of which our midfield was practically wiped out by injury and suspension), but I take it he wasn't at Portman Road in December, when we played anything but 'negative', 'boring long ball' - and won.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

An awful insight to our club's plight on 08:34 - Jul 26 with 6079 viewsSomethingBlue

An awful insight to our club's plight on 08:27 - Jul 26 by Guthrum

He's actually only come out with the bog standard set of Mick McCarthy cliches.

We've had a couple of bad games at Ashton Gate (for one of which our midfield was practically wiped out by injury and suspension), but I take it he wasn't at Portman Road in December, when we played anything but 'negative', 'boring long ball' - and won.

It's almost as if there's been a touch of fabrication here. Almost.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Here he is! (n/t) on 08:43 - Jul 26 with 6066 viewsBloots

An awful insight to our club's plight on 05:27 - Jul 26 by Benters

3000 people in 2 seasons wouldnt have handed their season tickets in if we were more pleasing on the eye.

End of.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024