Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure 12:52 - Jul 14 with 2417 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53403793

I would say "welcome to the new cold war" but this history books will state it started in 2014.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 12:52]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:37 - Jul 14 with 579 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:32 - Jul 14 by StokieBlue

"It’s really not a great look to play whatteraboutery with genocide."

What on earth are you on about? Did you even read my post? I've been as civil as possible and you've just got straight back in with a provocative and quite insulting statement which isn't anything like what I posted.

What genocide is occurring in the US? Be specific, just saying "whispers" and "join the dots" isn't evidence of genocide like what is happening in China and it's not something you'd accept if the roles were reversed. You'd want specific evidence detailing the points.

As for the article, I've said it's unacceptable in my post and something certainly needs to be done but you've not provided evidence of human trafficking or organ harvesting, you've posted something that says one of the "might" be an issue and then said join the dots.

All I asked for was some evidence so I could see where you formed your opinion. I didn't think it was that controversial to ask for evidence and I certainly don't think it deserved your opening broadside which was downright insulting.

I was trying to engage in a civil way.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 20:34]

How does one civilly engage with that post though?

Learn a lesson from Glassers on here for 2020. The “but China is worse” defence could easily become the board’s “middle class white boys”.

I do sometimes ponder how many things I have to post about and see come true before I don’t get hounded.

Operation Deatheaters is a fascinating hole I fully recommend.

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:43 - Jul 14 with 557 viewsfooters

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:37 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

Learn a lesson from Glassers on here for 2020. The “but China is worse” defence could easily become the board’s “middle class white boys”.

I do sometimes ponder how many things I have to post about and see come true before I don’t get hounded.

Callis, you've gone a bit overboard here.

There is a clear distinction between what is happening in the US vs. China and Stokie is right to make the point. There really isn't a provable equivalence, and saying that there is sort of diminishes the horror happening in China.

I understand and agree with your underlying point about the gradual creep towards authoritarianism in the West, but to be honest I think you're more importing an existing feud here. Better to let it rest.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:44 - Jul 14 with 558 viewsStokieBlue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:37 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

Nobody is hounding you. Asking for evidence or pointing out where your not right in your equivalences isn't hounding, it's how debates are done. You require evidence for your position especially when it's as horrific as you posted.

There was nothing in my post that you replied to which couldn't be engaged with civilly. I also didn't use "China was worse" as you've put it. I think you need to go read it again.

You have now literally accused me of playing whatabouterry with genocide - I would like an apology as that's an incredibly insulting accusation.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:56 - Jul 14 with 530 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:43 - Jul 14 by footers

Callis, you've gone a bit overboard here.

There is a clear distinction between what is happening in the US vs. China and Stokie is right to make the point. There really isn't a provable equivalence, and saying that there is sort of diminishes the horror happening in China.

I understand and agree with your underlying point about the gradual creep towards authoritarianism in the West, but to be honest I think you're more importing an existing feud here. Better to let it rest.

What feud is that? I provided the links and simply stated connect the dots.

Organ harvesting is a mass global business. You could probably write a shorter list of countries not turning a blind eye to it.

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:58 - Jul 14 with 527 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:44 - Jul 14 by StokieBlue

Nobody is hounding you. Asking for evidence or pointing out where your not right in your equivalences isn't hounding, it's how debates are done. You require evidence for your position especially when it's as horrific as you posted.

There was nothing in my post that you replied to which couldn't be engaged with civilly. I also didn't use "China was worse" as you've put it. I think you need to go read it again.

You have now literally accused me of playing whatabouterry with genocide - I would like an apology as that's an incredibly insulting accusation.

SB

Go down the hole I recommended is all I am going to say.

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:59 - Jul 14 with 523 viewsStokieBlue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:58 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

Go down the hole I recommended is all I am going to say.

I would still like an apology - what you posted was outrageous.

SB

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:00 - Jul 14 with 520 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:59 - Jul 14 by StokieBlue

I would still like an apology - what you posted was outrageous.

SB

I don’t owe you anything.

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:04 - Jul 14 with 514 viewsStokieBlue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:00 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

I don’t owe you anything.

Utterly disgraceful.

It was a horrible accusation which others have also pointed out was totally unwarranted.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:05 - Jul 14 with 508 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:04 - Jul 14 by StokieBlue

Utterly disgraceful.

It was a horrible accusation which others have also pointed out was totally unwarranted.

SB

I’m entitled to my opinion based on what you say, and vise versa.

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:06 - Jul 14 with 503 viewsStokieBlue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:05 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

I’m entitled to my opinion based on what you say, and vise versa.

No you're not, not when it's an unprovoked and unsupported insult.

You wouldn't like it if someone had done that to you.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 21:06]

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:07 - Jul 14 with 497 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:06 - Jul 14 by StokieBlue

No you're not, not when it's an unprovoked and unsupported insult.

You wouldn't like it if someone had done that to you.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 21:06]

Okay.

And you did that to me, difference is you literally got rumbled outright lying about what I said.

I’m sure neither of us will lose sleep tonight over this disagreement though.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 21:09]

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:18 - Jul 14 with 472 viewsStokieBlue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:07 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

Okay.

And you did that to me, difference is you literally got rumbled outright lying about what I said.

I’m sure neither of us will lose sleep tonight over this disagreement though.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 21:09]

Unbelievable.

You've outright misrepresented what I've said in this thread and then one step further and accused me of using whatabouterry around genocide.

You didn't even address any of the points in any proper manner.

I am actually rather annoyed about it, I'm glad it's like water off a ducks back for you though.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 21:19]

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:22 - Jul 14 with 464 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:18 - Jul 14 by StokieBlue

Unbelievable.

You've outright misrepresented what I've said in this thread and then one step further and accused me of using whatabouterry around genocide.

You didn't even address any of the points in any proper manner.

I am actually rather annoyed about it, I'm glad it's like water off a ducks back for you though.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 21:19]

I mean, welcome to my life of engaging with you on here for years

🤷‍♂️

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:25 - Jul 14 with 453 viewsfooters

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:22 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

I mean, welcome to my life of engaging with you on here for years

🤷‍♂️

Maybe not being such an argumentative tit would help?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:26 - Jul 14 with 450 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 21:25 - Jul 14 by footers

Maybe not being such an argumentative tit would help?

Who am I arguing with?

I made my case, not sure what else I should add.

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 22:55 - Jul 14 with 419 viewsrgp1

All this talk of 5G, surely for the folk in areas like Suffolk coastal don't they need more hamsters and wheels to generate even a 2G signal?
Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 23:04 - Jul 14 with 409 viewsBLUEBEAT

Isn’t Ipswich area a major employment hub for Huawei? Whereabouts? Martlesham I assume?

Poll: W or W

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 16:25 - Jul 20 with 290 viewsbournemouthblue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 23:04 - Jul 14 by BLUEBEAT

Isn’t Ipswich area a major employment hub for Huawei? Whereabouts? Martlesham I assume?

They do have offices in Martlesham but I think they were looking to build a big centre in Cambridge which could have had consequences here

Whether they will still be wanting to do that now is another question

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024