Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory London Mayor candidate 22:18 - Jan 13 with 12399 viewstractordownsouth

... thinks that homeless people can afford a 5k deposit. EVen by today's standards, that's the most tone deaf political statement I've seen in a while.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jan/13/tory-london-mayor-candidate-home

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:32 - Jan 14 with 874 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:16 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

Thanks for the info. As I’ve recognised already when I see the word ‘homeless’ I think of a poor unfortunate soul sleeping on the streets. What I’ve read here tells me that homelessness is far broader than that. Whilst I was aware these issues existed I was perhaps unaware of the true extent.
Obviously it ridiculous to suggest that somebody who can’t afford to rent a room could be expected to save £5k.
My original comment was that the headline of the article was an over-simplification of what this gentleman actually said, whilst I stand by that I do recognise that what he said was pretty stupid.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to anybody who has been offended by my words. I would, however, like to point out that my statements were perhaps ignorant of facts rather than ‘odious’ and ‘offensive’.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 12:18]

Thank you.
I really do hope that you have learnt something this morning. The forum can be a very enlightening place. A lot of informative posters have challenged long held views i have had over the years, many times i've researched the evidence provided and taken a lot of the stuff on board. Not to say i agree with all of it, but it has certainly made me question things a lot more.
Perhaps more well structured and thought out responses might result in less hostility. Just a thought fella.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:37 - Jan 14 with 847 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:32 - Jan 14 by StochesStotasBlewe

Thank you.
I really do hope that you have learnt something this morning. The forum can be a very enlightening place. A lot of informative posters have challenged long held views i have had over the years, many times i've researched the evidence provided and taken a lot of the stuff on board. Not to say i agree with all of it, but it has certainly made me question things a lot more.
Perhaps more well structured and thought out responses might result in less hostility. Just a thought fella.

I maintain I did not deserve some of the levels of hostility that came my way.

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:40 - Jan 14 with 845 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:37 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

Then don't play the victim fella, as you are doing right now.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:44 - Jan 14 with 827 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:40 - Jan 14 by StochesStotasBlewe

Then don't play the victim fella, as you are doing right now.

I shall make no further comment on the matter.
I’ll just check back in a hour or so to see what variety of obscenities have been thrown my way today.

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:54 - Jan 14 with 813 viewsBlueNomad

Tory London Mayor candidate on 08:57 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

Independently ... unlike some I could mention

If your views were formed independently I think it’s a shame you didn’t seek some guidance
Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:54 - Jan 14 with 812 viewsHerbivore

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:44 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

I’ll just check back in a hour or so to see what variety of obscenities have been thrown my way today.

You're not worth the bother.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:55 - Jan 14 with 807 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:37 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

This isn't about you. You are not the important thing here. Engage with the people who are patiently explaining stuff that you couldn't be bothered to find out yourself, learn from it, lose the victim complex, move on.
Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:05 - Jan 14 with 792 viewsNewcyBlue

Tory London Mayor candidate on 11:32 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

I never said it was. I said the headline invoked those images.

Remember when you rather curtly told me you were against free school meals during holidays because “the clue is in the title”?

Homeless. The clue is in the title.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:15 - Jan 14 with 775 viewsBlueNomad

Tory London Mayor candidate on 12:54 - Jan 14 by BlueNomad

If your views were formed independently I think it’s a shame you didn’t seek some guidance

Thanks for the downvote Paz. Keep forming your own independent views and then grizzle when you are challenged on here. If you assert something then expect it, debate is healthy, playing the victim as if we were in the playground isn’t.
Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:28 - Jan 14 with 755 viewsSpruceMoose

People challenging you for being incorrect and spouting off about a subject you admit you know nothing about is "obscenity"?

It's not like this is an isolated incident either. Everyday you're on here stepping on rakes.

First it was me bullying you. Then when others noticed your posts it was that the whole forum was bullying you. Now it's bullying you for highlighting when you're simply wrong about something. Quite the victim complex you've got there, "Sir". At what point though do you start to suspect that the problem might just be you?

I suppose you were always going to end up this way. Forming "independent" views based on nothing but your own opinions. Junk in, junk out.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 14:59]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:30 - Jan 14 with 740 views26_Paz

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:28 - Jan 14 by SpruceMoose

People challenging you for being incorrect and spouting off about a subject you admit you know nothing about is "obscenity"?

It's not like this is an isolated incident either. Everyday you're on here stepping on rakes.

First it was me bullying you. Then when others noticed your posts it was that the whole forum was bullying you. Now it's bullying you for highlighting when you're simply wrong about something. Quite the victim complex you've got there, "Sir". At what point though do you start to suspect that the problem might just be you?

I suppose you were always going to end up this way. Forming "independent" views based on nothing but your own opinions. Junk in, junk out.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 14:59]

More twisting from you.
As you know I am sworn at on here on a very regular basis. It’s usually quickly removed, thankfully.
I was not moaning about those challenging my views. I was moaning about those calling me ‘obscene’.

The Paz Man

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:34 - Jan 14 with 741 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 13:30 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

More twisting from you.
As you know I am sworn at on here on a very regular basis. It’s usually quickly removed, thankfully.
I was not moaning about those challenging my views. I was moaning about those calling me ‘obscene’.

Nah. You're just creating some fake outrage because you can't defend your own positions. Classic Trump move.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Tory London Mayor candidate on 14:50 - Jan 14 with 698 viewsHerbivore

More twisting from you.

Mostly you get referred to as ignorant or some variant. If you look up what ignorant means you'll see that in the context it's being used it's not abusive.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tory London Mayor candidate on 14:58 - Jan 14 with 675 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 14:50 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

Mostly you get referred to as ignorant or some variant. If you look up what ignorant means you'll see that in the context it's being used it's not abusive.

Of course, it's a massive joke that the bloke who laughs it up at people being called racist names is on here crying about being called ignorant.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 14:59 - Jan 14 with 673 viewsmrshallisfit

Independently? Really? Really....?
Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:01 - Jan 14 with 667 viewsgiant_stow

More twisting from you.

You're a very naughty tinker winding everyone up like this each day, but don't you think this has run it's course now?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:02 - Jan 14 with 665 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:01 - Jan 14 by giant_stow

You're a very naughty tinker winding everyone up like this each day, but don't you think this has run it's course now?

I suspect that if we didn't pay him attention, nobody would.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:02 - Jan 14 with 666 viewsmrshallisfit

Tory London Mayor candidate on 11:39 - Jan 14 by 26_Paz

Maybe it is because I do not have much background on the subject.
I’m still struggling to see how this makes me ‘odious’ and ‘offensive’.

Well if you dont have much background on the subject dont comment on such things.
Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:03 - Jan 14 with 661 viewsmrshallisfit

Or alternatively check back a little later. Lets say about 50 years later.
Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:03 - Jan 14 with 661 viewsDurovigutum

Tory London Mayor candidate on 22:22 - Jan 13 by 26_Paz

Just read the article ... I don’t think he put it quite like that ...

It does appear that any sort of political discourse on this board is immediately "left is good, right is bad".

Anyone attempting to empathise, yet alone defend, a "right of centre" view gets many down votes and shouted at.

Yet, this country has seen eleven years of "right of centre" governments - the most recent being as far to the right as since the second Thatcher term.

The Guardian is revered as the truth, yet posts stories as deliberately misleading as this:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/13/fisheries-minister-admits-not-r

Yes, this candidate appears to have given a poor answer. Is he out of touch? Maybe, but remember in 2015 when Milliband was asked how many people he knew personally on minimum wage the answer was "none".

And Paz has attempted to bring his view to this subject into this echo chamber. A view I suspect shared by 30%+ of the country. I do wonder why the poor lad bothers sometimes....
Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:04 - Jan 14 with 659 viewsgiant_stow

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:02 - Jan 14 by SpruceMoose

I suspect that if we didn't pay him attention, nobody would.

I sense Paz is enjoying it less now (could be wrong obvs), so maybe time to let it lie for his sake too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:04 - Jan 14 with 656 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm just lolling that you've managed to get site admin downvoting this post of yours!

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:06 - Jan 14 with 651 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:04 - Jan 14 by giant_stow

I sense Paz is enjoying it less now (could be wrong obvs), so maybe time to let it lie for his sake too.

Oh no! You mean to say that his actions might have consequences? Shocking.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:06 - Jan 14 with 648 viewsgiant_stow

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:06 - Jan 14 by SpruceMoose

Oh no! You mean to say that his actions might have consequences? Shocking.

yes indeed.

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:07 - Jan 14 with 646 viewsfooters

Tory London Mayor candidate on 15:03 - Jan 14 by Durovigutum

It does appear that any sort of political discourse on this board is immediately "left is good, right is bad".

Anyone attempting to empathise, yet alone defend, a "right of centre" view gets many down votes and shouted at.

Yet, this country has seen eleven years of "right of centre" governments - the most recent being as far to the right as since the second Thatcher term.

The Guardian is revered as the truth, yet posts stories as deliberately misleading as this:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/13/fisheries-minister-admits-not-r

Yes, this candidate appears to have given a poor answer. Is he out of touch? Maybe, but remember in 2015 when Milliband was asked how many people he knew personally on minimum wage the answer was "none".

And Paz has attempted to bring his view to this subject into this echo chamber. A view I suspect shared by 30%+ of the country. I do wonder why the poor lad bothers sometimes....

So, to be clear, are you among your guesstimated 30% of the UK population who think that the homeless can easily get on the London housing ladder?

And no, right-wing views are tolerated on here, as are all views. The problem with the majority of right-wing posters is that they can't string a sentence together or back up their arguments with facts.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024