Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off to Cape Town tomorrow, any tips? 10:10 - May 13 with 4518 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Working, so probably won't get to see too much of the touristy stuff, but might be able to do some in down-time. I'll be honest I know next to nothing about SA. I've heard of Table Mountain!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Off to Cape Town tomorrow, any tips? on 00:45 - May 15 with 539 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Avoid the VA waterfront it’s touristy and you could be anyone where.

Long street
Clifton for the decent up market local spots

Don’t forget to turn the shower

Don’t forget to turn the two off, they haven’t got much left.
Off to Cape Town tomorrow, any tips? on 01:06 - May 15 with 530 viewsbluelagos

If you want to learn about Apartheid and how it impacted ordinary people, check out District 6 museum.

Night out, Long/Lang St for sure. Camps Bay is a bit up its own arse but less touristy than the V&A.

Outdoors, Chapmans Drive down to Cape of good hope. Or get a guide and climb Tb mountain. People die trying to do it unguided so dont go on your own.

You can do a township tour (Llanga) if that is of interest.

Lang St has cameras all over it and plenty of police. I happily bar crawled it a couple of times. Best bet it to get a local to show you around as they'll know the score.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Off to Cape Town tomorrow, any tips? on 07:06 - May 16 with 437 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Off to Cape Town tomorrow, any tips? on 07:00 - May 14 by Ely_Blue

Maybe I got lucky on the day that I went?

Top of Table Mountain was the quietest place I’ve ever been on gods earth, I walked from the cable car for around 45 minutes to the highest point and it was the most serene experience

We did this as soon as we arrived - didn't even unpack. We've got a driver for the week who will take us wherever we want and she suggested we do it as the weather was great. As you say, even though there's plenty of people up there, when you move away from the crowd for a bit you can almost hear the silence if that makes sense. Like you say, incredibly serene - in fact eerie!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Off to Cape Town tomorrow, any tips? on 09:20 - May 16 with 397 viewsfarkenhell

Off to Cape Town tomorrow, any tips? on 07:09 - May 14 by Lesta_Tractor

Boulder's beach is quite nice, see the penguins and get a good view of table mountain from the beach.

Are they the penguins that sound like donkeys? One of the funniest things I ever saw.
Off to Cape Town tomorrow, any tips? on 11:43 - May 16 with 370 viewssyntaxerror

If you like wine, visit a wine farm for a tasting, and lunch.
There are some good ones in Constantia (not too far from the city). Constantia Glen is a favourite of mine.
The Penguin reserve near Simon's Town is also lovely.

And Robben Island as other posters have said. Needs a full afternoon, but really educating
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024