Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu 20:07 - Jan 18 with 3679 viewsNthsuffolkblue

kicked a fan!

Hmm.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:04 - Jan 18 with 962 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 21:59 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

Ok

To be honest I'm a bit down in the dumps at the moment so not sure why I can be bothered - however, I gotta say.....

Why is this not racist?

If he said - "F*** off back to Pakistan you Pakistani bastard"

Would that be racist? All we have done is change the country.

Because the French are a nationality and not a race.

Semantics possibly but I think there is something far worse about judging someone by the colour of their skin.

Maybe consider it something like the difference between shouting the comment at Nasser Hussain or Inzamam Ul Haq.

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:33 - Jan 18 with 917 viewsbluelagos

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:04 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Semantics possibly but I think there is something far worse about judging someone by the colour of their skin.

Maybe consider it something like the difference between shouting the comment at Nasser Hussain or Inzamam Ul Haq.

Not sure why I remember it so well (am usually rubbish with such detail) but the guy's name was Mathew Symonds and he was a BNP member.

Under oath he claimed he shouted "It's an early bath for you Mr Cantona"

He may or may not have been entirely truthful in that evidence!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:37 - Jan 18 with 905 viewsLord_Lucan

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:04 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

So if I said that I was completely p1ssed off that there was an influx of Romanian bastards I wouldn't be racist?

- Or, if I called someone a Pakistani bastard that would also not be deemed as racist?

Must say I'm a bit confused as my next door neighbour Shuell is from Bangladesh and I have to say that in my sad 57 years of life he and his family are the only neighbours ever that I have liked enough to get to know - however if I shouted at him because his car was too close to my driveway that would be logged as a hate crime. I'm not a mathematical genius but I reckon that this relatively new law is potentially the reason why hate crime statistics have gone through the roof.

Now then, I could be way off the mark but I reckon you posted your original post about Cantona so you could go to bed with a load of uppies from the disaffected and have a mild w4nk. Unfortunately you got called out but I notice you have gone strong in another thread so lets hope that one goes your way.

Now I've had some bad news tonight so I'm p1ssed off and I am going to have a bit of a growl. I get so p1ssed off when people like you try and make a big deal out of racism that isn't there.

Not sure how old you are but in my mind Ipswich is built on immigration - mainly from the brothers. My life has been enriched by Blues Partys when the pubs shut. £1 a can of beer, curried goat, Beverley Edwards tits, 3 card brag - etc etc etc....

I reckon you're a youngster, apologies if you are not - but whatever, you know what? I'm pretty tired of being insinuated as a racist when I actually have spent my life gleefully mixing and matching.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:40 - Jan 18 with 890 viewsbluelagos

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:33 - Jan 18 by bluelagos

Not sure why I remember it so well (am usually rubbish with such detail) but the guy's name was Mathew Symonds and he was a BNP member.

Under oath he claimed he shouted "It's an early bath for you Mr Cantona"

He may or may not have been entirely truthful in that evidence!

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/what-happened-to-the-man-eric-cantona-kung-

Got most of it right :-)

Think his reaction to being fined was rather telling!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:46 - Jan 18 with 874 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:37 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

So if I said that I was completely p1ssed off that there was an influx of Romanian bastards I wouldn't be racist?

- Or, if I called someone a Pakistani bastard that would also not be deemed as racist?

Must say I'm a bit confused as my next door neighbour Shuell is from Bangladesh and I have to say that in my sad 57 years of life he and his family are the only neighbours ever that I have liked enough to get to know - however if I shouted at him because his car was too close to my driveway that would be logged as a hate crime. I'm not a mathematical genius but I reckon that this relatively new law is potentially the reason why hate crime statistics have gone through the roof.

Now then, I could be way off the mark but I reckon you posted your original post about Cantona so you could go to bed with a load of uppies from the disaffected and have a mild w4nk. Unfortunately you got called out but I notice you have gone strong in another thread so lets hope that one goes your way.

Now I've had some bad news tonight so I'm p1ssed off and I am going to have a bit of a growl. I get so p1ssed off when people like you try and make a big deal out of racism that isn't there.

Not sure how old you are but in my mind Ipswich is built on immigration - mainly from the brothers. My life has been enriched by Blues Partys when the pubs shut. £1 a can of beer, curried goat, Beverley Edwards tits, 3 card brag - etc etc etc....

I reckon you're a youngster, apologies if you are not - but whatever, you know what? I'm pretty tired of being insinuated as a racist when I actually have spent my life gleefully mixing and matching.

I am sorry you have had bad news, Lucan. I hope things improve or it isn't as bad as it appears.

I have no idea where I insinuated you are a racist. I think you must have misread something I wrote. I agree entirely about Ipswich having a rich heritage of immigration.

I haven't posted to seek uppies at all. I post what I think regardless of whether I expect others to agree or disagree. There are several areas you appear to have misjudged me in that rant but never mind.

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:53 - Jan 18 with 862 viewsSharkey

For what it’s worth, my take is love Cantona for kicking him , like the fact the fans commemorated it.
Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:56 - Jan 18 with 854 viewsBlueBadger

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 20:20 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

That is absolutely true and I have every sympathy with Cantona over what he did. Just not sure it is a great look celebrating that particular act.

We should always celebrate people punching(or in Cantona's case, kicking) nazis. Lest we forget Matthew Simmons liked a bit of BNP and NF action.

https://therepublikofmancunia.com/when-cantona-kicked-that-racist-18-years-later

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:56 - Jan 18 with 852 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:53 - Jan 18 by Sharkey

For what it’s worth, my take is love Cantona for kicking him , like the fact the fans commemorated it.

Fair enough. I think the fan got exactly what he deserved and I can understand Cantona doing what he did. However, I would be annoyed if Town's star player got a 9-month ban for doing something like that.

Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:58 - Jan 18 with 852 viewsLord_Lucan

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:46 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am sorry you have had bad news, Lucan. I hope things improve or it isn't as bad as it appears.

I have no idea where I insinuated you are a racist. I think you must have misread something I wrote. I agree entirely about Ipswich having a rich heritage of immigration.

I haven't posted to seek uppies at all. I post what I think regardless of whether I expect others to agree or disagree. There are several areas you appear to have misjudged me in that rant but never mind.

Ok,

The racist thing is a long standing accusation to someone who has Tory leanings, which I have and have never denied and of which I won't apologise - however I fully acknowledge we are in a sh1t show at the moment and the best thing that can happen right now is a change of government.

It seems like a never ending cycle and it has been since I remember my first Prime Minister Harold Wilson - Labour fecks it up, Tories feck it up, Labour, Tories - and so we go on. Of course the main problem is sustained leadership that leads to corruption and they all do it, whatever the colour.

I apologise if I have offended, genuinely.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I love Cantona.... on 23:01 - Jan 18 with 840 viewsdavblue

I love Cantona.... on 20:43 - Jan 18 by Bloots

....I think he's one of the greatest, if not the greatest, players of the "Premier League" era.

He was also really cool.

And he's got even cooler since he's got older.

Absolute legend.

Agreed.

He’s part of the history of English football forever and what he did for our game.

Charisma, could play a bit, maverick, box office, that team was a good side and he took them to another level.
Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 23:06 - Jan 18 with 834 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 22:58 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

Ok,

The racist thing is a long standing accusation to someone who has Tory leanings, which I have and have never denied and of which I won't apologise - however I fully acknowledge we are in a sh1t show at the moment and the best thing that can happen right now is a change of government.

It seems like a never ending cycle and it has been since I remember my first Prime Minister Harold Wilson - Labour fecks it up, Tories feck it up, Labour, Tories - and so we go on. Of course the main problem is sustained leadership that leads to corruption and they all do it, whatever the colour.

I apologise if I have offended, genuinely.

No problem, Lucan. I found it an odd post rather than an offensive one. I myself used to be firmly Tory and was brought up as such. I have Tory friends and family. I have never said nor meant to insinuate anywhere that Tories are all racist. I do find a lot of racism in the current Tory party, mind.

I agree the political cycle is depressing and rarely shows any sign of being broken in a positive way.

Sleep well and I genuinely hope the morning brings brighter, better news.

I know we fundamentally disagree on political ideology but I firmly believe we should always be able to discuss policy without resorting to personal abuse or insult. I apologise if anything I say ever comes across different to that.

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 23:08 - Jan 18 with 826 viewsdavblue

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 21:01 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fair enough if it is just the commentator making the link rather than that being the motivation.

I sort of admire what he did. I suspect there’s been many players who have wanted to do but none had the balls to do it and all that comes with it.

Was it right, no but him doing that was part of the drama of Cantona.
Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 23:11 - Jan 18 with 815 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 23:08 - Jan 18 by davblue

I sort of admire what he did. I suspect there’s been many players who have wanted to do but none had the balls to do it and all that comes with it.

Was it right, no but him doing that was part of the drama of Cantona.

Pretty much this, except I think it probably takes more balls not to do it sometimes.

The most disappointing thing is that, had Cantona not done it, the fan would have probably had no punishment at all for what he did that day.

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 23:19 - Jan 18 with 786 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 21:41 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

An obnoxious thug who got what he deserved but that isn't racist. Xenophobic, yes, racist, no.

As I have said throughout, not saying it is an unacceptable chant at all (see the OP - "hmm" not "disgraceful they should be charged"!), more I thought it was a strange reason to choose to celebrate him.

As has been pointed out, it is possible the commentator drawing that conclusion was wrong.

Lol, xenophobia is ok?

Bad post, turned into a worse thread.

Lol.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 23:20 - Jan 18 with 783 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 21:59 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

Ok

To be honest I'm a bit down in the dumps at the moment so not sure why I can be bothered - however, I gotta say.....

Why is this not racist?

If he said - "F*** off back to Pakistan you Pakistani bastard"

Would that be racist? All we have done is change the country.

Hes desperately trying to be right about something in this car crash of a post.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 05:44 - Jan 19 with 707 viewsBrockleyBlue78

When the sh it hit the fan.
Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 06:16 - Jan 19 with 697 viewstextbackup

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 20:20 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

That is absolutely true and I have every sympathy with Cantona over what he did. Just not sure it is a great look celebrating that particular act.

I often wonder what world sone people live in if they think stuff like this wouldn’t happen.

He was a hero to them, of course they’ll sing his name, and have done on every trip there since

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I love Cantona.... on 08:30 - Jan 19 with 605 viewsblueasfook

I love Cantona.... on 20:43 - Jan 18 by Bloots

....I think he's one of the greatest, if not the greatest, players of the "Premier League" era.

He was also really cool.

And he's got even cooler since he's got older.

Absolute legend.

Probably the best signing Fergie ever made, and an absolute steal. I think he paid like £1million to Leeds for him cos they wanted rid of him.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 08:56 - Jan 19 with 586 viewsGlasgowBlue

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 21:41 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

An obnoxious thug who got what he deserved but that isn't racist. Xenophobic, yes, racist, no.

As I have said throughout, not saying it is an unacceptable chant at all (see the OP - "hmm" not "disgraceful they should be charged"!), more I thought it was a strange reason to choose to celebrate him.

As has been pointed out, it is possible the commentator drawing that conclusion was wrong.

I think you've got this one completely wrong mate. Symonds was a racist thug who shouted racist abuse at Eric Cantona.

Telling somebody to fcuk of back to their country of origin is racist.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Man Utd fans chanting Cantona's name at the ground where he Kung Fu on 09:00 - Jan 19 with 580 viewsGlasgowBlue

No no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS. Racism isn't always about colour.

Jews have been putting up with the "well you are white so it's not really racism is it" crap for an eternity.

The woman who was told to "fcuk off you fcukig dirty yid" and "‘I’ll fcuking come for you, dirty yid" at a pub whilst watching the north London derby passes for white.

You are doubling down badly on this.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2023 9:04]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I love Cantona.... on 10:22 - Jan 19 with 544 viewsfarkenhell

I love Cantona.... on 21:51 - Jan 18 by Mullet

However embellished this is or not, I love the imagery it conjures

https://www.givemesport.com/1826968-alex-fergusons-legendary-dressing-room-react

David May's take is brilliant:

"...{Ferguson] said, ‘who the hell was marking Southgate?’. I said ‘Eric’.

He turned round and said ‘Eric, I am disappointed in you. You can’t be doing those things’. I thought ‘Is that it? Is that it?!’ Any other player would have been given the hairdryer. I just got the hairdryer off the gaffer for not marking someone I shouldn’t have been marking."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024