Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? 21:57 - Aug 3 with 2056 viewsm14_blue

Apart from Bradley Johnson obviously.
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 21:59 - Aug 3 with 2039 viewsWonky

Their fans who seem to believe they are a premier league in waiting... still waiting.
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:03 - Aug 3 with 2014 viewsThe_Snake

Perhaps the media kissing ‘Frank Lampard’s Derby’ @rse at every given opportunity. Let’s face it, they were rubbish tonight.
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:09 - Aug 3 with 1976 viewsgtsb

Firstly it was Bournemouth, then Derby. Who knows who'll be next. It's jealousy because they spent big. Quite sad really. Couldn't give a toss about either.
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:12 - Aug 3 with 1936 viewsnshearman1

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:03 - Aug 3 by The_Snake

Perhaps the media kissing ‘Frank Lampard’s Derby’ @rse at every given opportunity. Let’s face it, they were rubbish tonight.

This and the previous post. Lampard is a guy who’s fostered friendships with journalists for his own ends throughout his career. He’s a fake manager. And the vast amounts of money they’ve spent trying to buy their way to the PL. I’m afraid Tom Lawrence will hurt us more than once this season.
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:12 - Aug 3 with 1933 viewsStNeotsBlue

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:09 - Aug 3 by gtsb

Firstly it was Bournemouth, then Derby. Who knows who'll be next. It's jealousy because they spent big. Quite sad really. Couldn't give a toss about either.

Exactly, I really don't understand the animosity.
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:16 - Aug 3 with 1917 viewsm14_blue

I'm sure there's a bit of that with some but I've got nothing against Bournemouth, Wolves etc..

I like Lampard and know a few Derby fans who are all sound lads but just find myself rooting for the opposition whenever Derby are playing.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't keep me awake at night, it's just a slightly odd personal phenomenon.
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:17 - Aug 3 with 1911 viewswkj

It winds benters up, end of

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:21 - Aug 3 with 1871 viewsgtsb

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:12 - Aug 3 by nshearman1

This and the previous post. Lampard is a guy who’s fostered friendships with journalists for his own ends throughout his career. He’s a fake manager. And the vast amounts of money they’ve spent trying to buy their way to the PL. I’m afraid Tom Lawrence will hurt us more than once this season.

"and the vasts amounts of money they've spent". If we had spent vast amounts of money in the last month you'd be delighted . What has Derby's expenditure, and Bournemouth's previous, got to do with us.
Login to get fewer ads

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:22 - Aug 3 with 1874 viewsFtnfwest

No animosity from me to either but looking at BBC their headline actually says ‘Lampard wins first competitive game’. I wonder if he can get promoted as himself without the rest of the club?
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:46 - Aug 3 with 1802 viewsnshearman1

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:21 - Aug 3 by gtsb

"and the vasts amounts of money they've spent". If we had spent vast amounts of money in the last month you'd be delighted . What has Derby's expenditure, and Bournemouth's previous, got to do with us.

No I wouldn't. Hated it when we threw loads of mindless cash at Keane. It's got a lot to do with us because people believe the business of football is all about throwing money around. It can help, but it's not all about that. I don't want us to throw money about - but I do want ME to spend considerably more on transfers than he's now willing to do. So I'm afraid my thoughts are rather more complex than you have decided to portray them.
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 23:10 - Aug 3 with 1736 viewsgtsb

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:46 - Aug 3 by nshearman1

No I wouldn't. Hated it when we threw loads of mindless cash at Keane. It's got a lot to do with us because people believe the business of football is all about throwing money around. It can help, but it's not all about that. I don't want us to throw money about - but I do want ME to spend considerably more on transfers than he's now willing to do. So I'm afraid my thoughts are rather more complex than you have decided to portray them.

If you want M.E to spend considerably more on transfers it would be throwing money around because we don't have it. Not having a go but just saying the people who have a problem with Derby had a problem with Bournemouth too and that came down to money and jealousy.
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 00:32 - Aug 4 with 1628 viewsBlue_Order

They’re not?
What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 00:32 - Aug 4 with 1628 viewsbournemouthblue

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:21 - Aug 3 by gtsb

In terms of FFP it surely relates to every Championship Club?

How they have evaded any sort of punishment is beyond me, even with player sales, decent crowds and decent sponsorship deals I'm amazed they have stayed within the rules

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 01:26 - Aug 4 with 1604 viewsBlueBadger

The, now mostly departed, fan club they used to have on here holding them up as a model for how clubs should be run?

Because apparently, failing to get promoted having spent tons of money is far superior to failing to get promoted having spent none.

Oddly enough, I find myself more sympathetic to their supporters as they've decided to go down the 'He Is Very Famous' route which means that their annual bottling this season will be front and centre in the public eye.
I don't think I need tell anyone on here how humiliating that can be.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 1:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 01:41 - Aug 4 with 1589 viewsBlueBadger

In all fairness, the 'plucky Bournemouth who've spent no money' narrative that fell apart when you actually looked at how they were financed coupled to the massive amounts of diving, time-wasting and general gamesmanship that Bournemouth employed mean that the hat wasn't wholly unjustified.
As for Derby, I don't hate them, but the annual collapse in form is VERY funny, particularly given the fan club that they've had on here in recent times.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 03:42 - Aug 4 with 1557 viewsBenters2

What is it that makes Derby so thoroughly detestable? on 22:17 - Aug 3 by wkj

It winds benters up, end of

balls
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024