Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can see Lambert looking to bring in a goalkeeper in January 16:25 - Dec 6 with 1370 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I thought his comments were telling about wanting to sign 'Messi, Ronaldo and Buffon'. Those sort of comments always include goalscorers and falir players, never goalkeepers.

Just wondering if Lee Grant might be a perfect fit. Was at Stoke under Lambert I think. Currently at Manchester United without playing. I think he played against Derby in the League Cup but is third choice?

If he's on the bench every week (not checked) then I guess not, but can really see him going for a keeper. Never thought I'd see that as one of the biggest areas to correct with Bart still around but maybe what was a throwaway comment seemingly could have merit in it?

Does the list contain a few strikers and goalkeepers (to sign one of them not play more than one in a match!) as the priorities? After all, how many points better off would we have if we'd replaced the striker(s) with Murphy or Waghorn and Bart / Gerken with a reasonable keeper free from a run of bad form? We'd likely to be somewhere in the upper part of the bottom half if we could take the odd chance and cut out clangers between the sticks.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 16:27]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I can see Lambert looking to bring in a goalkeeper in January on 17:59 - Dec 6 with 1239 viewsitfcjoe

I think you’ve just read into something that isn’t there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I can see Lambert looking to bring in a goalkeeper in January on 18:19 - Dec 6 with 1214 viewsbadadski

I can see Lambert looking to bring in a goalkeeper in January on 17:59 - Dec 6 by itfcjoe

I think you’ve just read into something that isn’t there

Yeah he didn't include Lovren and Ramos so he's hiding something from us and no way he would be looking for lesser quality strikers when we have the mighty Freddie finding his feet.
I can see Lambert looking to bring in a goalkeeper in January on 19:10 - Dec 6 with 1170 viewsRobTheMonk

I think Lee Grant is a massive Man U fan. If we go for a keeper it's more likely to be someone like Darlow and Newcastle of Jakupovic at leicester.
I can see Lambert looking to bring in a goalkeeper in January on 19:34 - Dec 6 with 1134 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Quite possibly. If we go down, we will simply not be able to afford Barts wages unless we have written a clause in to his contract that allows us to reduce his wages on relegation. It may be sensible to get shot in January whilst we at least have some bargaining position.

Poll: Our final position

I can see Lambert looking to bring in a goalkeeper in January on 19:39 - Dec 6 with 1123 viewsJimmyJazz

Romero has been injured most of the season, so yes Grant has been on the bench, but Romero is fit again now and was on the bench last night. So maybe, and yes I think PL will want an experienced keeper

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024