Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No MV3 15:39 - Mar 18 with 28178 viewsZedRodgers

Bercow says no.

He's making a statement now in his typical long-winded fashion. Government benches didn't seem to know he was going to do this and are in disbelief.

Remarkable stuff.

EDIT: Essentially he's said he won't allow them to bring back the same deal back for another vote. Something would need to change.

Meaningful Edit 2: Bercow clarifies to JRM that it could be brought back in a new parliamentary session. Make of that what you will.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 15:52]

No, not at the moment

No MV3 on 15:51 - Mar 18 with 6750 viewsBloomBlue

Excellent so a hard Brexit is getting nearer
No MV3 on 15:53 - Mar 18 with 6728 viewsJ2BLUE

No MV3 on 15:51 - Mar 18 by BloomBlue

No Brexit is getting closer.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No MV3 on 15:53 - Mar 18 with 6731 viewsstringy

surely it had never got further away; wasn't it the point that the 'n no deal' vote was not legally binding, i.e. according to EU if nothing in place by 29th then no deal Brexit will happen by default

I think Rees-Mogg had Bercow acknowledge that very point after the 'no no deal' vote the other day

what a mess
No MV3 on 15:54 - Mar 18 with 6724 viewsZedRodgers

You're way off the mark if that's your interpretation of what's just happened.

No, not at the moment

No MV3 on 16:00 - Mar 18 with 6700 viewsBloomBlue

No MV3 on 15:54 - Mar 18 by ZedRodgers

Every day the clock ticks towards the 29th and we have nothing different to offer the EU. Hard Brexit here we come
No MV3 on 16:01 - Mar 18 with 6688 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....and indeed unlikely now to be able to allow further attempts by parliament to take control, via ammendment, of the process....so yes no deal brexit would appear more likely.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

No MV3 on 16:02 - Mar 18 with 6667 viewsblueislander

No MV3 on 16:00 - Mar 18 by BloomBlue

Every day the clock ticks towards the 29th and we have nothing different to offer the EU. Hard Brexit here we come

Quite the opposite. The delay in implementation will be lengthened , probably by two years.
No MV3 on 16:03 - Mar 18 with 6651 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

No MV3 on 16:04 - Mar 18 with 6652 viewsJ2BLUE

No MV3 on 16:01 - Mar 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

....and indeed unlikely now to be able to allow further attempts by parliament to take control, via ammendment, of the process....so yes no deal brexit would appear more likely.

Bercow won't have done this without some sort of remain plan in place. I'm not saying it's some giant conspiracy but he's a remainer and i'm sure discussions have taken place for what the next step is.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No MV3 on 16:04 - Mar 18 with 6638 viewshampstead_blue

New Parliamentary session? Is that post-election or after one of their holidays?

May must go. She, like her deal have run their course.

I'm for Jeremy Hunt. Safe pair of hands. Can't have a rabid Brexiteer in charge. That would be chaos.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

No MV3 on 16:04 - Mar 18 with 6635 viewsBloomBlue

No MV3 on 16:02 - Mar 18 by blueislander

Quite the opposite. The delay in implementation will be lengthened , probably by two years.

Not if the EU don't agree and I cannot see all 27 countries being happy with a 2 year extension
No MV3 on 16:06 - Mar 18 with 6622 viewsStokieBlue

Not a huge fan of his but this is the correct decision.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No MV3 on 16:06 - Mar 18 with 6611 viewsBlueBadger

No MV3 on 16:04 - Mar 18 by hampstead_blue

New Parliamentary session? Is that post-election or after one of their holidays?

I'm for Jeremy Hunt. Safe pair of hands. Can't have a rabid Brexiteer in charge. That would be chaos.

LOL at the whole 'Hunt is competent' thing you're running with here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No MV3 on 16:07 - Mar 18 with 6605 viewsHerbivore

When Jeremy Hunt is described as a safe pair of hands it merely highlights what a talentless, feckless bunch of cockwombles are in government right now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No MV3 on 16:07 - Mar 18 with 6610 viewshomer_123

Although it's becoming clear across the water that the EU are now concerned about being held to ransome over an extension by other EU countries.

So, oddly, it's not nailed on they will acccept an extension. At the moment, a 'short' extension to get May's deal (or whatever it finally is) through could get quick and easy ratification from the 27. Anything longer is going to cause the EU issues as it did whem Cameron went in 2015.

So, if they refuse an extension......we have choice? Leave with no deal or revoke Article 50 altogether.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

No MV3 on 16:07 - Mar 18 with 6603 viewsJohnWarksTash

Jeremy Hunt??? You don't work in the NHS do you! He would sell off public services quicker than you can say 'Hunt's a c-unit'

The nasty party would lose any remaining NHS workers votes too.....hang on.....maybe his appointment would get rid of the Tories......
No MV3 on 16:09 - Mar 18 with 6586 viewsblueislander

No MV3 on 16:04 - Mar 18 by BloomBlue

Not if the EU don't agree and I cannot see all 27 countries being happy with a 2 year extension

As an institution the EU don’t want us to leave, so , after a bit of going and froing , I expect the extension to be at the very least six months.
No MV3 on 16:09 - Mar 18 with 6582 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No MV3 on 16:04 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Bercow won't have done this without some sort of remain plan in place. I'm not saying it's some giant conspiracy but he's a remainer and i'm sure discussions have taken place for what the next step is.

Dare say you are right.....Mrs Bercow is in fact PM !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

No MV3 on 16:10 - Mar 18 with 6587 viewsBloomBlue

Zed question as you're knowledgeable on these things. If he's ruled it out because they cannot vote on the same thing twice doesn't that a
lso rule out a vote on a second referendum as they've already voted on that?
No MV3 on 16:11 - Mar 18 with 6567 viewsBlueBadger

No MV3 on 16:07 - Mar 18 by JohnWarksTash

Jeremy Hunt??? You don't work in the NHS do you! He would sell off public services quicker than you can say 'Hunt's a c-unit'

The nasty party would lose any remaining NHS workers votes too.....hang on.....maybe his appointment would get rid of the Tories......

We should have appointed him as Brexit minister two years ago, only Chris Graylong could have done a better job of ensuring we stayed in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No MV3 on 16:12 - Mar 18 with 6561 viewsZedRodgers

There is absolutely no way we are leaving on 29th March. Get a grip man.

Even the Chancellor of the Exchequer confirmed this on Sunday. There is simply no time to put the arrangements in place for' no deal' to take place. It's impossible. You're deluded if you think it's as simple as the 29th March passes and that's it, we're out with no deal. An extension is inevitable. It just depends on what the EU want us to agree to in order for them to approve it.

They're probably going to melt down these coins, you melt. Independence day is cancelled.

No, not at the moment

No MV3 on 16:14 - Mar 18 with 6543 viewshampstead_blue

No MV3 on 16:09 - Mar 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

Dare say you are right.....Mrs Bercow is in fact PM !

Bercow certainly enjoys his position to push his OWN agenda.

I'm no constitutional expert but do get concerned with his pro-remain agenda.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

No MV3 on 16:14 - Mar 18 with 6536 viewsBloomBlue

No MV3 on 16:12 - Mar 18 by ZedRodgers

There is absolutely no way we are leaving on 29th March. Get a grip man.

Even the Chancellor of the Exchequer confirmed this on Sunday. There is simply no time to put the arrangements in place for' no deal' to take place. It's impossible. You're deluded if you think it's as simple as the 29th March passes and that's it, we're out with no deal. An extension is inevitable. It just depends on what the EU want us to agree to in order for them to approve it.

They're probably going to melt down these coins, you melt. Independence day is cancelled.

Well the EU needs us more than we need them so they may buckle for an extension I will admit.
No MV3 on 16:15 - Mar 18 with 6535 viewsBiGDonnie

No MV3 on 15:53 - Mar 18 by stringy

surely it had never got further away; wasn't it the point that the 'n no deal' vote was not legally binding, i.e. according to EU if nothing in place by 29th then no deal Brexit will happen by default

I think Rees-Mogg had Bercow acknowledge that very point after the 'no no deal' vote the other day

what a mess

Yeah, I'm ready & waiting.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

No MV3 on 16:15 - Mar 18 with 6533 viewshomer_123

No MV3 on 16:10 - Mar 18 by BloomBlue

Zed question as you're knowledgeable on these things. If he's ruled it out because they cannot vote on the same thing twice doesn't that a
lso rule out a vote on a second referendum as they've already voted on that?

It's only ruled out if it's the 'same'. So the second referendum could easily be classed as 'different' if the options were different.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024