Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? 10:40 - Feb 12 with 8890 viewsitfcjoe

For those who think the manager isn't good enough, then they won't disagree with this.

And for those who place the blame purely on the players, and the quality of the squad - is there any reason why you would want Lambert to be the man that leads the overhaul of the squad?

Our best bet is to get someone in now, see if there is a new manager bounce and then go from there - with that manager being able to overhaul squad if they deem necessary.

I just can't see how this turns round, and I can't see letting Lambert have another go at it, after what will be 2 seasons of utter failure is the right thing to do

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 14:10 - Feb 12 with 774 viewsgiant_stow

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:09 - Feb 12 by IpswichKnight

Originally I was suggesting this as well, not only would he get the best out of the current squad he would equally be good at removing the dead wood clogging up our squad. What changed my mind was seeing Chris Houghton sitting in a sky studio doing nothing but punditry work, he would be a really good fit for us ( now someone is going to come along and tell me he is working for a club already! )

agent sloppy seconds mk II.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 16:07 - Feb 12 with 700 viewshadleighboyblue

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:48 - Feb 12 by LankHenners

As Herbivore mentioned the only real reason is to reach a clause to make getting rid cheaper. Possibly too late for a bounce to have much of an effect with a team that's spent the whole season unsure of how it's supposed to play and brutally low on confidence but wouldn't be adverse to trying it for sure.

He should have gone a while ago whilst the warning signs were only glowing rather than flashing red and on fire.

And to think Warnock's been sitting there waiting for someone to offer him a job this whole time.

Warnock on a short term contract , might well appeal to him too . He would shake up all the complacency around the club .

Lambert has been found out - all PR off the pitch but useless as far as what happens on the pitch .

Evans probably got taken in by all the PR stuff as it meant he didn't have to do any of that himself.

Any future appointment needs a team that is good tactically , either the manager or his assistant , too many managers are just a figure head rather than strong on tactics , so they rely on their assistant …..I'm not sure our current or previous assistant managers have been good enough and the current manager certainly isn't .

Sad times for ITFC
Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 16:47 - Feb 12 with 657 viewswedge88

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:42 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

The only reason I can imagine is financial, that there is a break clause in his contract that means we can get rid in the summer more cheaply. From a footballing point of view I don't see the value in keeping him. Give a new manager a chance to have a free hit at cracking the top 6 and if it doesn't come off they've had time to assess the squad ahead of next season.

we have had 6 managers since M.Evans brought the club none have had any success so why would you think changing the manager again will make the slightest difference surely they were not all bad managers there must be other reasons why this club is where it is!!!
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 16:50]
Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 16:51 - Feb 12 with 641 viewsHerbivore

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 16:47 - Feb 12 by wedge88

we have had 6 managers since M.Evans brought the club none have had any success so why would you think changing the manager again will make the slightest difference surely they were not all bad managers there must be other reasons why this club is where it is!!!
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 16:50]

One of them was a good manager and the fans hounded him out. Lambert has no excuse over things like financial constraints, he's been backed very well for a side at this level and he has a strong squad at his disposal. He's failing and so he should go. There's no sense of any longer term building from him, we're not developing a style of play or playing the youngsters. If we were doing that I'd have more sympathy for the idea of keeping him on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 17:02 - Feb 12 with 618 viewsKeaneish

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 16:51 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

One of them was a good manager and the fans hounded him out. Lambert has no excuse over things like financial constraints, he's been backed very well for a side at this level and he has a strong squad at his disposal. He's failing and so he should go. There's no sense of any longer term building from him, we're not developing a style of play or playing the youngsters. If we were doing that I'd have more sympathy for the idea of keeping him on.

Objection: i see the term "hounded him out" used a lot. I think the huge decline in attendances, sterile atmosphere, fan apathy, uninspiring results / football and a "them versus us" mentality used to good effect on the pitch, which sadly spilled onto the terraces with negative effect, as cumulative reasons for the departure.

No doubt a minority of fans were far too vocal but to lay the blame at the feet of the fans is probably a bit of a soundbite.

Onto the subject matter at hand. No question PL is failing and is looking more hapless as games go by. All his good will is used up. Need a strong end to the season and a Wembley final win for him to gain any credibility and keep a job. I see no sense in changing now. He created his mess; he's best to undo it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 18:14 - Feb 12 with 554 viewsDoctor_Earman

Absolutely no reason to keep Lambert.

Has he established a footballing identity here? No.
Have results been good enough? No.
Has he given youth a chance? Barely.
Has he performed well in the transfer market? Average.
Has he engaged with the fans? Yes, but that's fading now.

All in all, an appraisal of PL's performance suggests that his current showing is poor, with pretty much no sign of things getting better in the future. This would mean that Lambert is shown the door at any other club. However, at ITFC failure/mediocrity is not only tolerated, but rewarded, and thus Lambert will be here until the end of the season and probably next season as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024