Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released 08:29 - May 12 with 3037 viewsitfcpaul

or offered contracts, gone a bit quiet since Monday

Thinking of players like Edwards, Lankester and anyone else I can't remember?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 10:14 - May 12 with 770 viewsMrTown

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 09:39 - May 12 by franz_tyson

Surprised Bailey Clements is being kept on. I got the impression he’d fallen away after being touted as a real talent a couple of years back. Isnt Tommy Smith thought more highly of him as a LB.

Bailey got another year with an option on it.

Has really impressed since coming back from Dagenham

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 10:27 - May 12 with 714 viewsjayessess

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 09:39 - May 12 by franz_tyson

Surprised Bailey Clements is being kept on. I got the impression he’d fallen away after being touted as a real talent a couple of years back. Isnt Tommy Smith thought more highly of him as a LB.

Bit weird, isn't it? On another thread it's #definfo that we're apparently happy to listen for offers for Dobra (b. April 2001, 20 first team appearances), but also keeping on players like Clements (b.November 2001, has made 1 match day squad, over a year ago, couldn't get a game for Dagenham) and Andoh (b. March 2001, has never appeared in a matchday squad).

Some one make it make sense for me.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 10:36 - May 12 with 674 viewspositivity

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 10:27 - May 12 by jayessess

Bit weird, isn't it? On another thread it's #definfo that we're apparently happy to listen for offers for Dobra (b. April 2001, 20 first team appearances), but also keeping on players like Clements (b.November 2001, has made 1 match day squad, over a year ago, couldn't get a game for Dagenham) and Andoh (b. March 2001, has never appeared in a matchday squad).

Some one make it make sense for me.

my guess would be that as they're all underage, they're cheap squad cover.

as for listening to offers; on that same thread, it said offers would be considered for all (or nearly all) players, am guessing the figure for clements/andoh is substantially smaller than that for dobra!

(ps andoh did play in the papa john's trophy)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 10:46 - May 12 with 642 viewsEdwardF

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 08:36 - May 12 by BlueFrankie26

Morris being kept on

Ben Morris showed real promise before his awful injury and I hope he stays.

The odd decision is the release of Nydam given that only very recently PC was really fulsome in his praise for him - very strange??

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 10:50 - May 12 with 621 viewspositivity

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 10:46 - May 12 by EdwardF

Ben Morris showed real promise before his awful injury and I hope he stays.

The odd decision is the release of Nydam given that only very recently PC was really fulsome in his praise for him - very strange??

guessing he's overage and cook doesn't think he's worth a squad space?

i'd have still kept him and, at worst, sent him out on loan

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 10:57 - May 12 with 585 viewsjayessess

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 10:36 - May 12 by positivity

my guess would be that as they're all underage, they're cheap squad cover.

as for listening to offers; on that same thread, it said offers would be considered for all (or nearly all) players, am guessing the figure for clements/andoh is substantially smaller than that for dobra!

(ps andoh did play in the papa john's trophy)

"Cover" doesn't really work like that in football, does it? Players who aren't meaningfully ready for first team football don't become so just because you have an injury crisis. The U23s are a development team, not a contingency plan for a mass outbreak of food poisoning.

The offers thread implied that the club actively wanted rid of all bar about 6 first teamers (including Dobra). Given that we aren't apparently in need of quick cash, I can't parse the logic that's being applied where we're impressed by Bailey Clements but listening to offers for Dobra. Unless one or other of those things isn't true.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 11:02 - May 12 with 558 viewspositivity

When do you think we will hear about the next lot of players released on 10:57 - May 12 by jayessess

"Cover" doesn't really work like that in football, does it? Players who aren't meaningfully ready for first team football don't become so just because you have an injury crisis. The U23s are a development team, not a contingency plan for a mass outbreak of food poisoning.

The offers thread implied that the club actively wanted rid of all bar about 6 first teamers (including Dobra). Given that we aren't apparently in need of quick cash, I can't parse the logic that's being applied where we're impressed by Bailey Clements but listening to offers for Dobra. Unless one or other of those things isn't true.

when you've got a 20 man squad, you've not got room for more than two left-backs, it's not inconceivable that both these players are injured out of the window, in which case it's useful to have clements (on peanuts) available.

also you need players available for the cups and the u-23s, and you never know if he might kick on and become a key player.

as for dobra, the insinuation that we'd sell if we got a decent offer, not let him leave on a free

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024