Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the Nightingale been covered? 15:17 - Dec 24 with 2008 viewscatch74

Apologies if I missed it but this seems weird.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 16:03 - Dec 24 with 1582 viewsjeera

Strange indeed.

Is the assumption here that its services have been removed prematurely?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to keep it stocked for now until the future was more certain?
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 19:04]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 16:17 - Dec 24 with 1563 viewsBluemer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-5541383

This was on the BBC website a couple of days ago
Has the Nightingale been covered? on 16:50 - Dec 24 with 1497 viewscatch74

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 16:03 - Dec 24 by jeera

Strange indeed.

Is the assumption here that its services have been removed prematurely?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to keep it stocked for now until the future was more certain?
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 19:04]

Yes, you assume the decision was quietly made before the new strain, so definitely feels premature.
Shame after how moved Hancock was when it opened - wiping away those tears again.
https://news.sky.com/video/coronavirus-matt-hancock-celebrates-at-nhs-nightingal

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 17:19 - Dec 24 with 1406 viewsRyorry

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 16:17 - Dec 24 by Bluemer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-5541383

This was on the BBC website a couple of days ago

Page has disappeared - mysteriouser and mysteriouser!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 17:59 - Dec 24 with 1373 viewsElderGrizzly

Consider who is raising the issue and what their angle is. Tice is less trustworthy than Farage and Johnson combined.

The Nightingales require staff from other NHS hospitals. We don’t have any spare.
Has the Nightingale been covered? on 17:59 - Dec 24 with 1374 viewsDublinBlue84

The whole Nightingale thing was overblown anyway

It was operated using resources which were taken from other hospitals elsewhere in the country that were less under pressure, rather than entirely new capacity.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 18:04 - Dec 24 with 1358 viewsjeera

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 16:50 - Dec 24 by catch74

Yes, you assume the decision was quietly made before the new strain, so definitely feels premature.
Shame after how moved Hancock was when it opened - wiping away those tears again.
https://news.sky.com/video/coronavirus-matt-hancock-celebrates-at-nhs-nightingal

Yes he does like his public show of emotion doesn't he?

I'm sure it's all very real though and not at all forced.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 18:27]

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 19:02 - Dec 24 with 1273 viewsjontysnut

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 17:59 - Dec 24 by DublinBlue84

It was operated using resources which were taken from other hospitals elsewhere in the country that were less under pressure, rather than entirely new capacity.

Yes there are no staff. The NHS was understaffed before covid. In the first wave the NHS more or less stopped everything else. This time they're trying to keep services running. And it's winter. If only Tice and his ilk hadn't made lots of EU nurses go home. Cretin.
Login to get fewer ads

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 19:08 - Dec 24 with 1254 viewsjeera

I must admit I hadn't really considered that, but it makes sense when you spell it out.

The equipment didn't magically appear from thin air as you say.

I was sold on the concept of keeping patients with Covid away from the main hospitals though, especially if the treatment was relatively generical.

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 19:09 - Dec 24 with 1247 viewsjeera

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 19:02 - Dec 24 by jontysnut

Yes there are no staff. The NHS was understaffed before covid. In the first wave the NHS more or less stopped everything else. This time they're trying to keep services running. And it's winter. If only Tice and his ilk hadn't made lots of EU nurses go home. Cretin.

Again, I hadn't realised who that was but it's making sense now.

He sounds like a real tw@t.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 19:09]

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 19:27 - Dec 24 with 1209 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I thought the army medical corps was being drafted in. Or perhaps it was just the army helping to build them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 19:47 - Dec 24 with 1179 viewsjeera

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 19:27 - Dec 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

I thought the army medical corps was being drafted in. Or perhaps it was just the army helping to build them.

And there's also the thousands of retirees who supposedly on standby?

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 21:06 - Dec 24 with 1080 viewsEireannach_gorm

Help is at hand.

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:01 - Dec 24 with 993 viewsBlueBadger

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 19:47 - Dec 24 by jeera

And there's also the thousands of retirees who supposedly on standby?

The NHS retirees on standby was essentially a PR exercise and nothing else. An awful lot of NHS retirees are simply too worn out, in generally poor health or spent their final years in the NHS away from the cutting edge to be safely deployable.
Plus, the whole 'let's invite a load of over 60's to work with a virus that kills the over-60's' thing was never going to be a great sell in recruiting.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:24 - Dec 24 with 970 viewspistonbroke

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:01 - Dec 24 by BlueBadger

The NHS retirees on standby was essentially a PR exercise and nothing else. An awful lot of NHS retirees are simply too worn out, in generally poor health or spent their final years in the NHS away from the cutting edge to be safely deployable.
Plus, the whole 'let's invite a load of over 60's to work with a virus that kills the over-60's' thing was never going to be a great sell in recruiting.

Can see your point on that badger , but surely if the nightingale hospitals have been built for Covid purposes , then they should be used for that purpose and keep normal hospitals open for dare I say it but normal cases
Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:28 - Dec 24 with 962 viewsBlueBadger

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:24 - Dec 24 by pistonbroke

Can see your point on that badger , but surely if the nightingale hospitals have been built for Covid purposes , then they should be used for that purpose and keep normal hospitals open for dare I say it but normal cases

But we can't staff them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:30 - Dec 24 with 959 viewscatch74

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:28 - Dec 24 by BlueBadger

But we can't staff them.

So - essentially a £100m waste of money, truly horrific planning again by an appalling government.

This is worth a read.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30800-8/fullt

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:34 - Dec 24 with 950 viewspistonbroke

But we can't staff them.

Fair comment , so it’s the useless government not recruiting enough qualified people , don’t get me wrong I feel for you lot , doing the best you can but being restricted , must be bloody frustrating knowing with better resources then you could save more lives
Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:37 - Dec 24 with 942 viewspistonbroke

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:34 - Dec 24 by pistonbroke

Fair comment , so it’s the useless government not recruiting enough qualified people , don’t get me wrong I feel for you lot , doing the best you can but being restricted , must be bloody frustrating knowing with better resources then you could save more lives

But why waste money on saving lives when it can be better spent on a high speed railway between London and Birmingham
Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:40 - Dec 24 with 937 viewsjeera

But we can't staff them.

What we need is to join some alliance where we could tap into a ready made workforce...

I'm being facetious of course and I have no idea how other nations are fairing regarding staff numbers themselves.

However, if we were intending to move away from such opportunities, then it may have been wise to offer incentives to at least get trained up more of our own to fill the gaps that have been exposed.

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:44 - Dec 24 with 924 viewspistonbroke

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:40 - Dec 24 by jeera

What we need is to join some alliance where we could tap into a ready made workforce...

I'm being facetious of course and I have no idea how other nations are fairing regarding staff numbers themselves.

However, if we were intending to move away from such opportunities, then it may have been wise to offer incentives to at least get trained up more of our own to fill the gaps that have been exposed.

Thousands of unemployed jeera , pay them a proper wage give them decent money during training then there would be no shortage
Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:45 - Dec 24 with 924 viewsElderGrizzly

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:40 - Dec 24 by jeera

We had 55,000 Nurse and Doctor vacancies before Brexit and Covid.

The Govt is solely to blame
Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:47 - Dec 24 with 909 viewspistonbroke

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:45 - Dec 24 by ElderGrizzly

We had 55,000 Nurse and Doctor vacancies before Brexit and Covid.

The Govt is solely to blame

Pay them what they deserve
Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:52 - Dec 24 with 898 viewsjeera

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:47 - Dec 24 by pistonbroke

Pay them what they deserve

We've had 4 and a half years since the referendum, with lots of talk of replacements and yet we are still horribly understaffed.

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:58 - Dec 24 with 891 viewspistonbroke

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:52 - Dec 24 by jeera

We've had 4 and a half years since the referendum, with lots of talk of replacements and yet we are still horribly understaffed.

Totally agree , the ammount of unemployed in this country , yet we are crying out for qualified medical personnel , pay them a proper wage , pay them a decent wage whilst they are qualifying and you’d have enough recruits , the n h s are underpaid , and I don’t work for them pay people that save lives properly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024