Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banner and Message 07:29 - Nov 27 with 2771 viewsKropotkin123

I obviously made my position quite clear over the summer when I called for Lambert to be replaced.

I think the BA message reads well - talking about a reluctance and outlining the reasoning for the call.

But then that banner, written like a teenager trying to make a point. Why be rude and write "Shambo". It is petulant, unnecessary and a disconnect to the tone you look to strike with the message. It devalues the message.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Banner and Message on 15:47 - Nov 27 with 435 viewsHerbivore

Banner and Message on 15:46 - Nov 27 by Kropotkin123

I don't know anything about Mumsnet. Maybe they have a section on teaching kids about name-calling. Lambert, or "Lambo" if you wish, would both be fine. Neither are pointless insults.

I'd suggest Lambert is a pointless insult, but there you go.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Banner and Message on 15:48 - Nov 27 with 434 viewshype313

I don't think it was warranted, as the general message was clear and to the point.

However, I don't think it's OTT either, it's a simple play on words, we witness far worse up and down the country, and not that I condone that, I Equally don't think this is something people should be getting upset about either.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Banner and Message on 15:53 - Nov 27 with 424 viewsDanTheMan

Banner and Message on 15:48 - Nov 27 by hype313

I don't think it was warranted, as the general message was clear and to the point.

However, I don't think it's OTT either, it's a simple play on words, we witness far worse up and down the country, and not that I condone that, I Equally don't think this is something people should be getting upset about either.

This.

Is it what I would have written? Nah.

But it's still incredibly tame, half the message is acknowledging one of his nice gestures.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Banner and Message on 15:59 - Nov 27 with 409 viewshype313

Banner and Message on 15:53 - Nov 27 by DanTheMan

This.

Is it what I would have written? Nah.

But it's still incredibly tame, half the message is acknowledging one of his nice gestures.

Indeed! I know we're known as being a kind bunch, but I really don't think anyone has gone over the top or made any below the belt statements.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Banner and Message on 16:00 - Nov 27 with 404 viewsfooters

Banner and Message on 15:59 - Nov 27 by hype313

Indeed! I know we're known as being a kind bunch, but I really don't think anyone has gone over the top or made any below the belt statements.

Well, not with this manager anyway.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Banner and Message on 17:04 - Nov 27 with 385 viewsBlue_Order

We actually thought it was pretty polite, and I’ve explained the shambo bit on another thread. Even if it was meant as an insult, I’ve read much worse on this forum anyway.

At the end of the day, there was a long thread on here on Wednesday discussing ways to get the attention of the owner to how the fans are feeling, particularly when we can’t make our voices heard inside the stadium. We made and hung a banner within 24 hours of full time on Tuesday night, and whether or not you agree with some of the the wording on the banner, or our methods in doing it (we know it’ll have caused a slight nuisance to whoever had to go up there and pull it down, and we do regret that part), it did exactly what it was intended for.

We don’t claim to speak for the fanbase - never have and never will - but we think we got it pretty close to how the majority are feeling at this moment in time.
Banner and Message on 20:13 - Nov 27 with 337 viewssolemio

Banner and Message on 10:57 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

Is it even that rude? Really? They could have left it out but I don't think it really matters either way. It's a very odd thing to care about.

It's just so pathetically childish.
Banner and Message on 20:49 - Nov 27 with 323 viewsHerbivore

Banner and Message on 20:13 - Nov 27 by solemio

It's just so pathetically childish.

If anyone is genuinely bothered by it I can only assume they don't have anything that is actually important to worry about.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024