Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... 10:05 - Jan 13 with 4191 viewsSomethingBlue

Yet to do it in senior football but it's very difficult at Chelsea, of all clubs, and especially as a striker. He was belting them in past Europe's best teams for fun at youth CL level. Good environment for him to do well at MK, I think it might go well for him there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 16:02 - Jan 13 with 606 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 11:06 - Jan 13 by hype313

it's pure conjuncture in all honesty, neither of us could know how it would plan out, I don't know if professionally it was the right decision, but clearly when you hear stories of 16yr olds getting £20k a week then you can see why he left financially.

Of course, he may have got regular game time, starred and gone onto much better things. However, cases like Jude Bellingham and Dele Alli are incredibly rare and represent a tiny percentage of players

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 16:03 - Jan 13 with 601 viewsSpruceMoose

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 10:46 - Jan 13 by Pinewoodblue

I doubt you can back up that last comment with facts.

He can back it up with Lee Martin.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 16:16 - Jan 13 with 578 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 16:03 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

He can back it up with Lee Martin.

I can’t tell if you’re joking but that’s actually a decent example - if he wasn’t a ‘Manchester United product’ one suspects his fall down the leagues would have been a lot quicker than it was!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 16:28 - Jan 13 with 557 viewsSpruceMoose

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 16:16 - Jan 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I can’t tell if you’re joking but that’s actually a decent example - if he wasn’t a ‘Manchester United product’ one suspects his fall down the leagues would have been a lot quicker than it was!

I'm not. I agree with you. It's perfectly sensible, to my mind, to believe that there are far more clubs beneath the Premier League willing to take a punt on a player with Premier League youth pedigree than there are clubs beneath League One willing to take a punt on a player with League One youth pedigree.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 16:30 - Jan 13 with 553 viewsPhilTWTD

No new money for Town from the deal from what I'm told.
Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 11:47 - Jan 14 with 456 views3_5_2

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 13:22 - Jan 13 by MonkeyAlan

Moving to Chelsea didn't do him much good did it? May as well have stayed here. Might have played a bit, if he had looked good, might have gotten a decent move. Instead he is no further along than he may have been with us

except that he was paid a lot more at Chelsea than he would have got here, great coaching and has ended up in L1, which he may have done if he had stayed here.

Financially better off, fooball wise we shall see

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 12:40 - Jan 14 with 413 viewsjayessess

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 16:28 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

I'm not. I agree with you. It's perfectly sensible, to my mind, to believe that there are far more clubs beneath the Premier League willing to take a punt on a player with Premier League youth pedigree than there are clubs beneath League One willing to take a punt on a player with League One youth pedigree.

It's interesting that we rarely make this sort of signing of late - players in the early 20s recently released by Premier League clubs - and a lot of the better players in this division are from that background.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 20:37 - Jan 14 with 346 viewsBryanPlug

Charlie Brown has signed permanently for MK Dons ... on 10:39 - Jan 13 by hype313

Professionally he probably would have been better off staying here, financially he was better off taking the Chelsea deal.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024