Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? 14:03 - Mar 14 with 9827 viewsunstableblue

Outstanding style, shape and energy against Sheff Weds, very impressive and entertaining. Clearly very very well coached.

Let’s hope Cook can finally get us the style and progress we all crave.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 22:55 - Mar 14 with 2189 viewsradiogaga

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 14:38 - Mar 14 by SamWhiteUK

In 2018/19, we finished bottom and them top. The year prior, both teams finished midtable, with us ABOVE them. Who would have seen what happened happening? Crazy twist of fortunes for both clubs (brought on themselves, obviously)

Let's be honest, finishing above them in 17/18 on GD was a hollow victory. We made a great start to that season but we had hit the buffers pretty hard from late December onwards/ they caught us up after a slow start. They also still took 4 points off us that year and were busy quietly assembling a team that could go again the next season without Madison (Zimmerman, Steipermann, Hernandez coming in, Lewis emerging and Cantwell going out on loan to get first team experience). They reinvested some of the Madison money on Buendia and signed Krul and Pukki for nothing, all of which have been great signings for them.

Meanwhile, we were hopping from one short term free transfer or loan to the next, just treading water and getting by enough to finish mid table with no obvious long term plan to do anything more.

Norwich have built a strong team ethic/ the squad have a great understanding having worked together so long, and ultimately have decent players and a good manager who has a clear philosophy. There have simply been far too many changes to our playing squad over the last 3-4 years, most of which not good ones which have been overseen by 2 woeful managers with little or no idea how to set them up. Cook will bring some sanity to the situation but it will take time/ a fair bit of work.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 23:04]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 08:44 - Mar 15 with 1922 viewshaynes_toe1

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 18:03 - Mar 14 by Churchman

It’s not luck. Sadly, they are a well run club. Success breeds success. They have great scouting and a proper youth system that can hoover the best young players up from all East Anglia and beyond without serious competition. They are growing and deserve their success.

I still loathe them of course. I just wish we could compete with them again. One day maybe.

It's not luck of course but an element of it is required to have the same kind of consistent abiilty to get into the Premier League.

There's clubs like Blackburn, Forest, Derby, Leeds until recently, ourselves too, who have been trying for god knows how many years to try and get into the prem. The fact Norwich aren't that big a club and regularly manage to achieve it is remarkable. It's often not really appreciated because typically they can't stay in the Prem, but it sets them up long-term and enables them to invest in core infrastructure of the club.

When you consider the amount of billionaire owners that have tried and failed to make it happen it's actually some achievement that the 2nd or 3rd poorest owners in the championship have achieved the amount of promotions they have.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 09:00 - Mar 15 with 1903 viewsHighgateBlue

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 22:23 - Mar 14 by Churchman

I’m not. Evans out for me too! There’s nothing to lose.

You think a playoff position in League 1 is as bad as it's possible to get? A takeover may or may not be a good thing, but there is very much something to lose.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 09:06 - Mar 15 with 1891 viewsbournemouthblue

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 14:38 - Mar 14 by SamWhiteUK

In 2018/19, we finished bottom and them top. The year prior, both teams finished midtable, with us ABOVE them. Who would have seen what happened happening? Crazy twist of fortunes for both clubs (brought on themselves, obviously)

They spent about £15 million that season I believe or was it the season before that? Any way, they sold Maddison which must have made a big difference in their finances

Farke clearly wanted to play, they started the season as poorly as us, there were calls for Farke to go but once they got the balance right, they started to build up a head of steam and momentum and went on an unstoppable run

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 09:14 - Mar 15 with 1880 viewsElephantintheRoom

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 22:23 - Mar 14 by Churchman

I’m not. Evans out for me too! There’s nothing to lose.

There is everything to lose with the farcical USA debt-based takeover.

Being owned by a an offshore spiv with no knowledge of or interest in the club who is prepared to meet any shortfall, real or manufactured out of his own pocket is one thing. Being owned by an offshore cabal with no knowledge of the club who are duty-bound to pay the high interest loans they bought the club with is another.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 09:41 - Mar 15 with 1846 viewsgiant_stow

Just to cheer you up: scramble!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 09:46 - Mar 15 with 1837 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 09:41 - Mar 15 by giant_stow

Just to cheer you up: scramble!

That miss onto the post 🤣

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 11:47 - Mar 15 with 1712 viewsHARRY10

The reality there is that we had been on the slide for some while. Whereas they were simply regrouping under new management and approach.

Evans never really had any clue about running us, beyond appointing two hapless bean counters to be in charge, and any number of 'plans' that were never carried out.

We are top heavy with mediocre players in a bloated squad. Hopefully with 15 or so out of contract this summer many will be shown the door. There needs to be a bit more urgency about the place, and those in charge need to be seen to be doing the right thing, as well as doing it.

The whole focus should be on the first team with the academy working as part of that. We need to address why we never produce any keepers, and why so many promising youngsters never really fulfil their early promise.

The whole club needs re-energising.
Login to get fewer ads

I think the problem is this... on 13:06 - Mar 15 with 1609 viewsunstableblue

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 22:19 - Mar 14 by Stewart27

Reading through this thread is very sobering.

Town fans agreeing on this forum. About how well run Norwich are.

To think that people are still scared to roll the dice with this takeover.

Evans out.

... The Norwich model works because they have a group of local business/media people with some funding (not a massive amount), who care passionately about the club as the paramount driver, a club they have truly embedded into the community.

They have a board that provides oversight of the club's operations and ambitions.

They also understand their limitations and hire competent football CEO/directors to run the sporting side of the business.

I do think Marcus has funded Ipswich. I do actually think he cares about the club. Its just he's never got the CEO/Football-technical director role right! and tries to do it himself part time.

He frittered money away on Keane and Jewell whereas if he'd got a Farke, a Robbins, an Appleton, a Cook.... the club would have progressed.

The problem with the takeover which everyone is seemingly blind sided on,and in comparison to Norwich - is they DO NOT have the club in their hearts. Our success will be based on being saleable.. positively saleable means promotion to Premiership BUT, the path is dangerous

I think the problem is this... on 13:34 - Mar 15 with 1573 viewsStewart27

I think the problem is this... on 13:06 - Mar 15 by unstableblue

... The Norwich model works because they have a group of local business/media people with some funding (not a massive amount), who care passionately about the club as the paramount driver, a club they have truly embedded into the community.

They have a board that provides oversight of the club's operations and ambitions.

They also understand their limitations and hire competent football CEO/directors to run the sporting side of the business.

I do think Marcus has funded Ipswich. I do actually think he cares about the club. Its just he's never got the CEO/Football-technical director role right! and tries to do it himself part time.

He frittered money away on Keane and Jewell whereas if he'd got a Farke, a Robbins, an Appleton, a Cook.... the club would have progressed.

The problem with the takeover which everyone is seemingly blind sided on,and in comparison to Norwich - is they DO NOT have the club in their hearts. Our success will be based on being saleable.. positively saleable means promotion to Premiership BUT, the path is dangerous

Ah I see.

Have you spoken to the new owners personally?
I think the problem is this... on 13:44 - Mar 15 with 1542 viewshaynes_toe1

I think the problem is this... on 13:34 - Mar 15 by Stewart27

Ah I see.

Have you spoken to the new owners personally?

Why, are they secret life-long Ipswich fans?
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 17:08 - Mar 15 with 1381 viewssouthnorfolkblue

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 08:44 - Mar 15 by haynes_toe1

It's not luck of course but an element of it is required to have the same kind of consistent abiilty to get into the Premier League.

There's clubs like Blackburn, Forest, Derby, Leeds until recently, ourselves too, who have been trying for god knows how many years to try and get into the prem. The fact Norwich aren't that big a club and regularly manage to achieve it is remarkable. It's often not really appreciated because typically they can't stay in the Prem, but it sets them up long-term and enables them to invest in core infrastructure of the club.

When you consider the amount of billionaire owners that have tried and failed to make it happen it's actually some achievement that the 2nd or 3rd poorest owners in the championship have achieved the amount of promotions they have.

There was an element of luck because they had been terribly mismanaged when they were in the PL before Farke, because they had got themselves saddled with huge liabilities on the likes of Naismith. They should have known better having seen the mess that we got into with the likes of Sereni. Farke getting them promoted got them out of a massive financial hole.

That said, the appointment of Webber was not luck - it was very astute

Poll: Our final position

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 17:15 - Mar 15 with 1377 viewsMaySixth

Why did you watch it?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 18:15 - Mar 15 with 1312 viewsHARRY10

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 17:08 - Mar 15 by southnorfolkblue

There was an element of luck because they had been terribly mismanaged when they were in the PL before Farke, because they had got themselves saddled with huge liabilities on the likes of Naismith. They should have known better having seen the mess that we got into with the likes of Sereni. Farke getting them promoted got them out of a massive financial hole.

That said, the appointment of Webber was not luck - it was very astute

I never understood how they managed to lure Webber away from PL Huddersfield to Championship budgies
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 08:36 - Mar 16 with 1075 viewshaynes_toe1

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 18:15 - Mar 15 by HARRY10

I never understood how they managed to lure Webber away from PL Huddersfield to Championship budgies

Weren't Huddersfield still in the Championship although all but guaranteed promotion? I guess he saw Norwich as a better opportunity to 'advertise' himself. Get Huddersfield promoted (they come down when he's not there, no blame attachedto him). Now have got Norwich promoted whilst making the club money on player transfers and now about to get them promoted again. If they can stay up a couple of seasons in the prem you'd expect Webber to move onto a bigger club.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 10:45 - Mar 16 with 1027 viewsPilgrimblue

Not sure I understand your question! DF is a manager/coach and has been given the opportunity to develop the Norwich into a very good team. However ME is the our owner (sadly) who relies too much on others. Whereas Delia loves her team and funds the manager plus has put in place good management.
We can only hope that Cook is the right man after all the poor appointments made by ME. If the takeover goes ahead then I hope we get back to being a well run club.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 10:46 - Mar 16 with 1023 viewsBlueBlood90

The best thing Norwich ever did was appoint Stuart Webber. That guy is very highly rated within football.

A proper director of football who knows what he is doing. Something we crave badly!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Family is Sheff Weds (n/t) on 10:50 - Mar 16 with 1021 viewsunstableblue

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 17:15 - Mar 15 by MaySixth

Why did you watch it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024