Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another player collapsed 14:38 - Nov 25 with 6942 viewsJon_456

Wigan have confirmed Charlie Wyke out for the foreseeable after collapsing in training before Cambridge.

There does seem to be an increase in players collapsing over the past year or so.

Are players being trained to push themselves more these days or just a coincidence?

Edit: Was actually in training, not in game.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 14:39]
Another player collapsed on 07:33 - Nov 26 with 920 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Another player collapsed on 07:22 - Nov 26 by GlasgowBlue

Why would you hold off having the booster when you have been double jabbed banksy? That makes no sense.

Yiu put oil in your car to protect the engine. When that protection dips after a while, you top up your engine with oil.

The booster is a top up.

Mostly dithering I guess and also having read that the EU will be restricting entry unless you had a booster in the previous 9 months (we are due to go in August) it kind of makes sense to hold off another month or two.
There is also the issue of global rollout not happening, I kind of fancy my chances of avoiding it and questions about asymptomatic transmission when vaccinated.
Did have my flu jab 2 days ago though.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Another player collapsed on 08:56 - Nov 30 with 806 viewsStokieBlue

Wyke has made a statement saying he's not vaccinated so all those pushing the "correlation" or "coincidence" angles in this thread might want to take a step back.

Unfounded speculation, whether intentional to muddy the waters or not, isn't helpful. It can actually be harmful.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Another player collapsed on 09:10 - Nov 30 with 762 viewsSwansea_Blue

Another player collapsed on 08:56 - Nov 30 by StokieBlue

Wyke has made a statement saying he's not vaccinated so all those pushing the "correlation" or "coincidence" angles in this thread might want to take a step back.

Unfounded speculation, whether intentional to muddy the waters or not, isn't helpful. It can actually be harmful.

SB

Ah, but he was *thinking* about getting vaccinated...

I don't think those trying to muddy the waters are interested in taking a step back. It's gone full blown conspiracy theory.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Another player collapsed on 09:29 - Nov 30 with 720 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Another player collapsed on 14:50 - Nov 25 by BlueBadger

I suspect it's a combination of being more widely reported and horrible coincidence.

Of course. What else could it be other than coincidence and sharper reporting.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Another player collapsed on 09:31 - Nov 30 with 704 viewsElderGrizzly

Another player collapsed on 09:29 - Nov 30 by The_Last_Baron

Well the data from FIFA shows no higher incidences than previous years, but don't let that stop you...
Another player collapsed on 09:38 - Nov 30 with 692 viewsXYZ

It could be people who are ignorant of facts trying to whip up unfounded panic for nefarious reasons.
Another player collapsed on 09:42 - Nov 30 with 673 viewsArnieM

Another player collapsed on 15:17 - Nov 25 by SitfcB

What a bizarre reply.

Of course it’s more, that’s two within three days that have collapsed, it’s quite a big thing and it’s always reported on.

Obviously Eriksen in the summer.

Plus Aguero and Bowman with heart issues.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 15:25]

But is it a bizzarre comment?

Alzheimer's is regarded as a brain disorder in the elderly...until it was increasingly reported as occurring in professional footballers. Its only when incidences are reported on ( more?) that trends can be identified, and medical research can explore cause: effect or correlations.

I don't think he was intending to appear insensitive to the CW's alarming collapse, but just raise the point that maybe these collapses (by basically elite athletes) appear to be more frequently reported.

So the science backed industry now has some work to do to try and understand why its happening.

Get well soon Charlie

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Another player collapsed on 00:16 - Dec 4 with 546 viewsBlueBadger

Fancy that, a Brexiters jumping on the scaremongering antivax bandwagon.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Another player collapsed on 02:11 - Dec 4 with 519 viewsEireannach_gorm

Another player collapsed on 19:04 - Nov 25 by baxterbasics

(Yes I had the Oxford jab.)
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 19:12]

He neglected to mention the effects of Covid-19 on the heart and lungs. The results of those investigations don't suit his narrative.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024