Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a window that's really pushed us on... 22:15 - Sep 1 with 1793 viewsITFCBlues

Failed to sign a CB, could still sign Tuanzebe of course. But we're effectively an injury to Wolfy/Burgess away from having to play Edmundson who looks a shadow of his former self.

Similar situation to Hirst. If he was to get injured for any period of time, then we'd massivley feel that impact.

I'm sure both Ashton and KM are equally as frustrated. Things probably got too expensive in many cases. Of course we will be fine, no issues of relegation, but it's going to be really difficult to kick on this season and really challenge the top 6.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 23:02 - Sep 1 with 269 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 22:51 - Sep 1 by PioneerBlue

I beg to differ.

We are in a new higher league. Our manager committed to a 4 year deal. Our leading scorer was resigned on longer deal. Add to this we actually signed a striker we know, a midfielder we know, and we retained key players from the promotion team. To this we’ve added talented players with prem level experience from top clubs and a leading midfielder from league 1. We have loaned or exited a load of players that were surplus at L1 level and those that were lower performers or players that played lower minutes last season.

I’m good.

I’m looking forward to seeing how we progress under the coaching of KMcK and team and what we might add over the next window or 2

Which "leading scorer" resigned?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 23:06 - Sep 1 with 257 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 23:02 - Sep 1 by BasingstokeBlue

Which "leading scorer" resigned?

Chaplin Signs New Deal 12th Jun 2023 15:12
Town top scorer Conor Chaplin has signed a new deal, tying him to the Blues until the summer of 2026. 26

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 23:08 - Sep 1 with 246 viewsITFCBlues

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 22:55 - Sep 1 by homer_123

Well, I might be as bold as to suggest that the fact we haven't got both means we couldn't afford them both.

We got Hirst at £1.5m and Simms went for £3.5m - for us, that is a big difference.

The knock on effect would also have been significant as it would have likely impacted who else we could sign.

But that was clearly the intention, regardless of costs getting out of hand and the mitigating circumstances.

We can't sit here saying how pleased we are because we didn't pay the inflated fees when the club clearly wanted more than they've got. It was only last week that KM said he wanted 2 or 3 more, we've got one.

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 23:09 - Sep 1 with 243 viewsITFCBlues

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 22:56 - Sep 1 by Swansea_Blue

And not only that, but the squad is full (25/25 registered senior players). So there’s not a huge amount of wiggle room anyway without departures.

I'm sure if we could've got deals done for other targets then we would've moved 1 or 2 more on.

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 23:10 - Sep 1 with 244 viewshomer_123

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 23:08 - Sep 1 by ITFCBlues

But that was clearly the intention, regardless of costs getting out of hand and the mitigating circumstances.

We can't sit here saying how pleased we are because we didn't pay the inflated fees when the club clearly wanted more than they've got. It was only last week that KM said he wanted 2 or 3 more, we've got one.

No, I disagree, nothing suggested that we would get both players.

From Phil's post on Simms:

"A new number nine - or perhaps two - is likely to be well up manager Kieran McKenna’s summer wishlist with loanee George Hirst having returned to his parent club Leicester at the end of the season."
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 23:12]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 23:18 - Sep 1 with 224 viewsITFCBlues

Not a window that's really pushed us on... on 23:10 - Sep 1 by homer_123

No, I disagree, nothing suggested that we would get both players.

From Phil's post on Simms:

"A new number nine - or perhaps two - is likely to be well up manager Kieran McKenna’s summer wishlist with loanee George Hirst having returned to his parent club Leicester at the end of the season."
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 23:12]

He did, on the forum. He suggested that signing Hirst wouldn't mean we wouldn't be signing Simms or another established striker.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024