Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) 13:01 - May 25 with 3277 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 25 May 2021 13:02]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 13:04 - May 25 with 2169 viewsHipsterectomy

Did Deliveroo really sponsor a provisional squad announcement

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 13:09 - May 25 with 2107 viewsSamWhiteUK

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 13:04 - May 25 by Hipsterectomy

Did Deliveroo really sponsor a provisional squad announcement

It worked, as you noticed it
The squad: Preliminary on 13:09 - May 25 with 2098 viewspointofblue

Seven players to be dropped. Guessing at:

Henderson, Pickford, Ramsdale
Chilwell, Coady, James, Maguire, Mings, Shaw, Stones, Trippier, Walker
Foden, Grealish, Henderson, Mount, Phillips, Rice, Ward-Prowse
Calvert-Lewin, Greenwood, Kane, Rashford, Saka, Sancho, Sterling

Which would leave out Johnstone, Alexander-Arnold, White, Godfrey, Bellingham, Lingard and Watkins. Saying that, Henderson may not be deemed fit enough which could open the door open for someone. And Saka is a punt because of his flexibility but someone could easily take his spot.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 13:10 - May 25 with 2087 viewschicoazul

Midfield looks so thin on quality (haven’t seen much of Bellingham tbf) and Henderson almost definitely won’t be fit. Defence and up front looks good though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 13:12 - May 25 with 2052 viewstractordownsouth

From that lot, I'd drop Ramsdale, Coady, White, James, Lingard, Saka and Watkins. I'd have liked to pick Saka over Ward-Prowse but with concerns over the fitness of Henderson and Phillips I think we need more midfield cover.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 13:14 - May 25 with 2037 viewstractordownsouth

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 13:10 - May 25 by chicoazul

Midfield looks so thin on quality (haven’t seen much of Bellingham tbf) and Henderson almost definitely won’t be fit. Defence and up front looks good though.

Bellingham's class. I'd say Goalkeeper and Centre Back are the weak spots. You'd struggle to find a better front line than ours though, with the exception of France and Portugal.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 13:17 - May 25 with 2003 viewsJ2BLUE

33? What was the point?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The squad: Preliminary on 13:21 - May 25 with 1982 viewsStewart27

The squad: Preliminary on 13:09 - May 25 by pointofblue

Which would leave out Johnstone, Alexander-Arnold, White, Godfrey, Bellingham, Lingard and Watkins. Saying that, Henderson may not be deemed fit enough which could open the door open for someone. And Saka is a punt because of his flexibility but someone could easily take his spot.

I’d rather leave out James and Saka as opposed to TAA and Watkins
Login to get fewer ads

The squad: Preliminary on 13:25 - May 25 with 1945 viewspointofblue

The squad: Preliminary on 13:21 - May 25 by Stewart27

I’d rather leave out James and Saka as opposed to TAA and Watkins

I think James might be picked as he can also play in a back three, whereas Alexander-Arnold. is an out and out full back. Agree, would like to see TAA picked though.

We already have Kane, Rashford, Greenwood and Calvert-Lewin who can play up top so will he choose Watkins over someone who can play across numerous positions?

The squad: Preliminary on 13:27 - May 25 with 1940 viewsStokieBlue

The squad: Preliminary on 13:09 - May 25 by pointofblue

I think Bellingham should go.

Going to be some unhappy however he cuts that down.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The squad: Preliminary on 13:37 - May 25 with 1880 viewsCaptainAhab

The squad: Preliminary on 13:27 - May 25 by StokieBlue

SB

Bellingham should definitely go, I don't think we have any other midfielders who play the role he does. I'd like to see him in the starting line up along with Rice and Mount
The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:00 - May 25 with 1804 viewshoppy

I watch so little Premier League football these days that I have to say, looking at that list, some names I don't even know, some I recognise the names but certainly couldn't tell you which clubs they're at, and there's only a handful I could pick out in an identity parade.

Is that just me?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:04 - May 25 with 1796 viewsBlueNomad

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:00 - May 25 by hoppy

I watch so little Premier League football these days that I have to say, looking at that list, some names I don't even know, some I recognise the names but certainly couldn't tell you which clubs they're at, and there's only a handful I could pick out in an identity parade.

Is that just me?

I've heard of Mings!
The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:11 - May 25 with 1767 viewsJackSted

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 13:10 - May 25 by chicoazul

Walker can play CB too which is a plus but as much as I trust Stones I'm not too keen on Maguire and Mings

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:12 - May 25 with 1761 viewsOsborneOneNil

Calvert-Lewin shouldn't be in this 33, let alone the 26.

How he gets in ahead of Bamford is beyond me.
The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:13 - May 25 with 1754 viewsjayessess

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 13:14 - May 25 by tractordownsouth

Bellingham's class. I'd say Goalkeeper and Centre Back are the weak spots. You'd struggle to find a better front line than ours though, with the exception of France and Portugal.

Henderson's just pushed Spain's Number 1 out of the Manchester United team and Sam Johnstone's probably had an even better season than him. I'd say it's inexperienced at this level rather than "weak" per se.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 14:18]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:14 - May 25 with 1750 viewsChrisd

Not popular on here, but lets focus purely on football rather than loyalties, what more has Bamford got to do to get in that squad?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:18 - May 25 with 1706 viewsChrisd

Personally, I really like the balance of players in our midfield. We've got a real good mix to select from with some real quality in Foden, Mount and Grealish.

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:18 - May 25 with 1703 viewsleitrimblue

I make it one world class player in Kane and one potential world class player in Foden. Out in the quarter finals...
The squad: Preliminary on 14:18 - May 25 with 1697 viewspointofblue

The squad: Preliminary on 13:27 - May 25 by StokieBlue

SB

I’d personally pick Bellingham over Ward-Prowse but can’t see it happening, not with Henderson building up fitness.

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:18 - May 25 with 1693 viewshoppy

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:14 - May 25 by Chrisd

Not popular on here, but lets focus purely on football rather than loyalties, what more has Bamford got to do to get in that squad?

Tie Marcus Stewart's bootlaces?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:19 - May 25 with 1686 viewspositivity

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:14 - May 25 by Chrisd

score more goals i guess, when did he last have a 20 goal league season?

that said, i'd have him in the 30, but he wouldn't make the cut

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:22 - May 25 with 1661 viewspointofblue

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:19 - May 25 by positivity

This season Watkins scored 16 in 40; Bamford 17 in 38. Watkins is the squad but Bamford isn’t.

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:23 - May 25 with 1661 viewsgordon

What formation do we play these days btw? I'd have had TAA down as the best English right-back, surprised there's any question mark over him. Also would have had Bamford ahead of Watkins.
The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:23 - May 25 with 1660 viewsChrisd

The squad: Provisional (33 players to be whittled down to 26) on 14:19 - May 25 by positivity

Opinions I know, but he offers something a little different to everyone else out of the striking options, 17 goals is not a bad return for a striker many thought couldn't cut it in the EPL.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 14:24]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024