Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? 16:36 - Dec 12 with 36599 viewsMaySixth

can't think of one yet so many idiotic sheep leave the UK to go there to follow their bank balances and gargantuan cocaine habits

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Yeah, The USA. (n/t) on 16:37 - Dec 12 with 12917 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 16:38 - Dec 12 with 12923 viewsMattinLondon

Considering Aussies have a reputation for being laid back I have never actually met a laid back Aussie bloke as they all seem to take themselves very seriously.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 17:20 - Dec 12 with 12869 viewsgiant_stow

In 2005 I was in a bar near cairns which had separate white and black bars. The white bar closed due to being empty so we shuffled into the black bar for a few more bevvies, we were befriended, handed a spliff and warned about where the coppers hid for the way home.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 18:10 - Dec 12 with 12793 viewsGlasgowBlue

Every country in the middle east except Israel.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 18:11 - Dec 12 with 12808 viewsbadadski

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 18:10 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

Russia, you wait until the football starts over there, will be chaos regardless of what they say
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:05 - Dec 12 with 12732 viewsmichaeldownunder

Bar Ram Eue

Not sure I understand about the bank balance thing. 20 years ago maybe but not now . expensive to live in Australia at the moment.

Drugs. seems so much drug related crime ice etc maybe it's the same all over the world.

Racist. A good amount of the white Australians think that the coloured people get given everything by the government and a good amount of the coloured Australians think that the white people have taken everything. Is this not the same around the world?

I blame global warming, the hot weather makes people very short tempered. Used to be very laid back over here but now it seems more and more people are very angry with life and blame everyone bar themselves for their problems. Patience with fellow man/ woman seems to be a thing of the past.

Have put my tin hat (with corks hanging from it) on
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:06 - Dec 12 with 12730 viewscrunchie1978

Yes it's called England....racist against the soon to be minority of white working class.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:09 - Dec 12 with 12716 viewssparks

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:06 - Dec 12 by crunchie1978

Yes it's called England....racist against the soon to be minority of white working class.

The US is surely more racist and backwards.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:10 - Dec 12 with 12715 viewsnoggin

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:06 - Dec 12 by crunchie1978

lol.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:10 - Dec 12 with 12714 viewsunbelievablue

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:09 - Dec 12 by sparks

Define backwards.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:13 - Dec 12 with 12697 viewsnoggin

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:10 - Dec 12 by unbelievablue

Define backwards.

Still think more guns is the answer to gun crime. End of.

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:13 - Dec 12 with 12695 viewsunbelievablue

Soon to be? The traditional working class in the UK (all races) is somewhere around the 15% mark if I recall correctly.

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:14 - Dec 12 with 12686 viewsnoggin

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:13 - Dec 12 by unbelievablue

Soon to be? The traditional working class in the UK (all races) is somewhere around the 15% mark if I recall correctly.

Define working class.

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:14 - Dec 12 with 12686 viewsunbelievablue

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:13 - Dec 12 by noggin

Still think more guns is the answer to gun crime. End of.

Gross simplification but point taken.

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:14 - Dec 12 with 12682 viewscrunchie1978

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:09 - Dec 12 by sparks

I stand corrected....yes your right there.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:16 - Dec 12 with 12670 viewscrunchie1978

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:14 - Dec 12 by noggin

Define working class.

The age old question with a number of variations neither of which id imagine you'd agree with.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:19 - Dec 12 with 12659 viewsnoggin

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:16 - Dec 12 by crunchie1978

The age old question with a number of variations neither of which id imagine you'd agree with.

Try me. I don't know the answer.

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:21 - Dec 12 with 12645 viewsjeera

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:10 - Dec 12 by unbelievablue

Define backwards.

To be reasonable on this, every nation has its fair share doesn't it.

It's just we're smaller, so although percentages may be similar, there's less of them/us. Arguably.

I've know many Americans who are embarrassed about sections of their country folk, in the same way we are about some of ours.

There's probably even Australians who feel the same. If one were to look hard enough.

It could be argued places like France are pretty bad. Right there on our doorstep and not known to be the most tolerant when it come to groups of people.

I like French food, wine...and many of the people I have known, but they have more than their fair share of racists in normal, everyday society.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:22 - Dec 12 with 12642 viewsClapham_Junction

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 18:10 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

Odd to omit Israel. Apart from the huge amount of racism towards Arabs, there is a lot of racism within the Jewish population; Mizrachi Jews were treated like second class citizens for years, and whilst this has improved, Ethiopian Jews are the new lower class (I recall a story whilst I was living there about a mayor of one city banning Ethiopian children from registering in the school system).
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:22 - Dec 12 with 12641 viewscrunchie1978

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:19 - Dec 12 by noggin

Try me. I don't know the answer.

Ask Emily thornberry...she has a view on the matter.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:26 - Dec 12 with 12622 viewsJohnhoz

Serbia

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:28 - Dec 12 with 12616 viewsClapham_Junction

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:26 - Dec 12 by Johnhoz

Serbia

I was at England v Serbia U21s in 2007 and they had to make an announcement over the tannoy telling the Serbia fans to stop racially abusing the England players or get out.
Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:32 - Dec 12 with 12588 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:22 - Dec 12 by Clapham_Junction

Odd to omit Israel. Apart from the huge amount of racism towards Arabs, there is a lot of racism within the Jewish population; Mizrachi Jews were treated like second class citizens for years, and whilst this has improved, Ethiopian Jews are the new lower class (I recall a story whilst I was living there about a mayor of one city banning Ethiopian children from registering in the school system).

The op said racist and backwards. Surely backwards includes homophobic attitudes which all of the middle eastern countries except Israel has. Gay Palestinians flee into Israel to escape persecution. Israel has the only gay pride march in the middle east and doesn't imprison, torture or execute homosexuals like many other middle eastern countries do.

Israeli male attitude towards women is far more forward thinking than the other middle eastern countries.

With regards to racist, we have established that Trump's Muslim ban, which isn't actual a Muslim ban, is racist. The majority of middle eastern countries have an Israeli Jew ban which must also be considered racist.

That's not to say that there isn't racism in Israel but the OP asked for for racist and backwards countries than Australia. I'd say that all of the middle eastern countries with the exception of Israel fits that particular bill.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 19:45]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:33 - Dec 12 with 12583 viewsBarneycurley

chip on your shoulder?

refused entry??

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:39 - Dec 12 with 12545 viewsJohnhoz

Is there a more racist, backwards country than Australia? on 19:32 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

The op said racist and backwards. Surely backwards includes homophobic attitudes which all of the middle eastern countries except Israel has. Gay Palestinians flee into Israel to escape persecution. Israel has the only gay pride march in the middle east and doesn't imprison, torture or execute homosexuals like many other middle eastern countries do.

Israeli male attitude towards women is far more forward thinking than the other middle eastern countries.

With regards to racist, we have established that Trump's Muslim ban, which isn't actual a Muslim ban, is racist. The majority of middle eastern countries have an Israeli Jew ban which must also be considered racist.

That's not to say that there isn't racism in Israel but the OP asked for for racist and backwards countries than Australia. I'd say that all of the middle eastern countries with the exception of Israel fits that particular bill.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 19:45]

I remember seeing this on tv and being rather amazed

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024