Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shefki wants to be a manager... 19:36 - Feb 28 with 1795 viewsgood_at_COD

I would have loved to welcome him back here last year. Once Hurst got it all wrong, however, Evans was never going to turn to another 'rookie' although I think Shefki was successful in Finland and his love of the club, plus the esteem in which he is held by supporters, would have been a huge factor.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17467756.kuqi-keen-to-be-considered

Giggsy

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 19:49 - Feb 28 with 1754 viewsfooters

This isn't relevant to your OP but I've always wondered something about your username. This is the internet where people can pretend to be all sorts of things, yet your username is extremely modest. Only 'good' at COD? I admire the honesty but would honestly have expected something more boastful!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 19:54 - Feb 28 with 1733 viewsSpruceMoose

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 19:49 - Feb 28 by footers

This isn't relevant to your OP but I've always wondered something about your username. This is the internet where people can pretend to be all sorts of things, yet your username is extremely modest. Only 'good' at COD? I admire the honesty but would honestly have expected something more boastful!

How does one be good at being a sea fish?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 19:57 - Feb 28 with 1716 viewsTrequartista

Would make a decent assistant to Pablo.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 19:59 - Feb 28 with 1710 viewsSaxonblue74

who would seriously consider appointing him as our manager after the Hurst fiasco came to an end? I too love the club, that in itself is not qualification enough to undo the damage!

Poll: Would you take MM and TC back tomorrow?

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 20:04 - Feb 28 with 1702 viewsgood_at_COD

There’s more than enough boasting on here. Modesty is my middle name.

Giggsy

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 20:06 - Feb 28 with 1698 viewsfooters

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 20:04 - Feb 28 by good_at_COD

It appears to be your first name in this instance, but good man! I like it.

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 20:10 - Feb 28 with 1690 viewswellhungphil

Well this forum IS a paragon of modesty and reverence after all.

I fondly remember the day I signed up here, many decades ago now, and after perusing some of the entries on the message board, I blushed before deleting the "very" of my YouTube pseudo verywellhungphil before hitting ENTER on the Netscape browser.

I mean, you CAN verily well hang a bucket in a well, but why boast? I hung it well. It still dangles there, swaying in the wind and occasionally going down to whet itself upon the water table. It's adequate, nothing more!

As for COD - my guess was that it meant Centre Of Defence. In which case I believe the OP could have a new job soon, as our squad continues to crumple like Subbuteo players tossed on the fire.
Shefki wants to be a manager... on 20:23 - Feb 28 with 1666 viewsfooters

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 20:10 - Feb 28 by wellhungphil

Well this forum IS a paragon of modesty and reverence after all.

I fondly remember the day I signed up here, many decades ago now, and after perusing some of the entries on the message board, I blushed before deleting the "very" of my YouTube pseudo verywellhungphil before hitting ENTER on the Netscape browser.

I mean, you CAN verily well hang a bucket in a well, but why boast? I hung it well. It still dangles there, swaying in the wind and occasionally going down to whet itself upon the water table. It's adequate, nothing more!

As for COD - my guess was that it meant Centre Of Defence. In which case I believe the OP could have a new job soon, as our squad continues to crumple like Subbuteo players tossed on the fire.

To be brutally frank on this, I'd always thought you PhilTWTD's slightly insecure alter-ego. It would be telling if so.

It is good that you reigned in your bravado- modesty is the mark of a man, and the meek shall inherit the earth- or at least what's left of it.

I have met many people whose buckets have been far too large in the past. Even for me. And I do like a generous bucket.

BTW "you can verily well hang a bucket in a well" sounds like some sort of folk lyric. You are a poet but do probably know it.

Login to get fewer ads

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 22:37 - Feb 28 with 1560 viewswellhungphil

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 20:23 - Feb 28 by footers

To be brutally frank on this, I'd always thought you PhilTWTD's slightly insecure alter-ego. It would be telling if so.

It is good that you reigned in your bravado- modesty is the mark of a man, and the meek shall inherit the earth- or at least what's left of it.

I have met many people whose buckets have been far too large in the past. Even for me. And I do like a generous bucket.

BTW "you can verily well hang a bucket in a well" sounds like some sort of folk lyric. You are a poet but do probably know it.

Funny you should mention our Great Leader.

I'm not sure how much of my story is true, but I clearly remember back in the late 90's being fresh-faced and out of university with a degree in English and Psychology. My ambition was to be a war-zone journalist, and with Billy Clinton distracted by jizz-gate and Boris Yeltsin blotto on vodka driving tanks along the Ukrainian border, there seemed like ample opportunity for war aplenty with no one really in charge of the superpowers.

I could just see The Sun headlines, "Our on-site war correspondent Phil Bacon dodges n-bombs to bring you live grainy photos of Russian whip-wielding Soviet sex-spies in leather bikinis".

To pass the time while awaiting my first job interview, I was hanging out with a blonde pig-tailed girl called Gretchen who was an IT (information technology) guru and an IT (Ipswich Town) fan too.

Together we came upon this wild idea...an Ipswich Town unofficial website! We would call it "Weren't Those The Days?" and we would go to all the games and I would write long and insightful match reports and Gretchen would keep matters ticking over on the computery-side of things.

Phil Bacon & Gretchen, stars of weren'tthosethedays?.co.uk

We applied immediately for the website address, and got repeatedly rejected for the apostrophe, which "they" told us isn't allowed in website names.

We persevered, convinced of the validity and lucidity of our dream.

Bored one day and temporarily tired of twiddling Gretchen's pig-tails, we "yahooed" to see what other paltry little websites might be being run by Ipswich Town fans.

First result: Phil Ham and Gavin. twtd.co.uk. No apostrophe. Lovely new website, powered by "Rivals".

We were agape. We had been usurped, scuppered, nay more! Thwarted! By these talented, bushy-eyed, bright-tailed hucksters!!

Things could have been so different for so many thanks to so few, but right now as I settle down for the night, writing this, wrapped up in a soaked and torn sleeping bag in the doorway of a Carphone Warehouse store in North London hooked into their in-store free wi-fi, I have...almost...no regrets.

Yours if only,

Phil Bacon
Shefki wants to be a manager... on 22:42 - Feb 28 with 1541 viewsEwan_Oozami

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 22:37 - Feb 28 by wellhungphil

Funny you should mention our Great Leader.

I'm not sure how much of my story is true, but I clearly remember back in the late 90's being fresh-faced and out of university with a degree in English and Psychology. My ambition was to be a war-zone journalist, and with Billy Clinton distracted by jizz-gate and Boris Yeltsin blotto on vodka driving tanks along the Ukrainian border, there seemed like ample opportunity for war aplenty with no one really in charge of the superpowers.

I could just see The Sun headlines, "Our on-site war correspondent Phil Bacon dodges n-bombs to bring you live grainy photos of Russian whip-wielding Soviet sex-spies in leather bikinis".

To pass the time while awaiting my first job interview, I was hanging out with a blonde pig-tailed girl called Gretchen who was an IT (information technology) guru and an IT (Ipswich Town) fan too.

Together we came upon this wild idea...an Ipswich Town unofficial website! We would call it "Weren't Those The Days?" and we would go to all the games and I would write long and insightful match reports and Gretchen would keep matters ticking over on the computery-side of things.

Phil Bacon & Gretchen, stars of weren'tthosethedays?.co.uk

We applied immediately for the website address, and got repeatedly rejected for the apostrophe, which "they" told us isn't allowed in website names.

We persevered, convinced of the validity and lucidity of our dream.

Bored one day and temporarily tired of twiddling Gretchen's pig-tails, we "yahooed" to see what other paltry little websites might be being run by Ipswich Town fans.

First result: Phil Ham and Gavin. twtd.co.uk. No apostrophe. Lovely new website, powered by "Rivals".

We were agape. We had been usurped, scuppered, nay more! Thwarted! By these talented, bushy-eyed, bright-tailed hucksters!!

Things could have been so different for so many thanks to so few, but right now as I settle down for the night, writing this, wrapped up in a soaked and torn sleeping bag in the doorway of a Carphone Warehouse store in North London hooked into their in-store free wi-fi, I have...almost...no regrets.

Yours if only,

Phil Bacon

Blame Hitler. Phil's Dad was evacuated to Suffolk during the war and he reckons he wouldn't have ended up in Suffolk if it weren't for that. No Hitler, no TWTD, that's how cruel the world is.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 22:45 - Feb 28 with 1528 viewsEwan_Oozami

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 19:54 - Feb 28 by SpruceMoose

How does one be good at being a sea fish?

Could have been worse, he might only have been a Prawn in Whitby - ah sorry, that was Cud, not Cod.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 22:48 - Feb 28 with 1522 viewsStNeotsBlue

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 20:04 - Feb 28 by good_at_COD

No it isn't. It's at.
Shefki wants to be a manager... on 22:53 - Feb 28 with 1508 viewswellhungphil

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 22:42 - Feb 28 by Ewan_Oozami

Blame Hitler. Phil's Dad was evacuated to Suffolk during the war and he reckons he wouldn't have ended up in Suffolk if it weren't for that. No Hitler, no TWTD, that's how cruel the world is.

Indeed I just spotted that on the other thread!
Shefki wants to be a manager... on 08:48 - Mar 1 with 1271 viewsRobTheMonk

Shefki wants to be a manager... on 22:42 - Feb 28 by Ewan_Oozami

No Hitler, No TWTD, No Bajner, No Party. What a world we live in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024