Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much relegation will cost Town 15:36 - Mar 15 with 1916 viewsGrantland14

Looks like relegation could cost the club ~£7m in broadcast income.

https://region.co.uk/story/the-true-cost-for-relegation-to-league-one-for-ipswic
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 16:41]
How much relegation will cost Town on 15:50 - Mar 15 with 1893 viewsPhilTWTD

They're wrongly interpreting some of those figures. The £18.5m wage bill from last year was the overall wage bill not the player wage bill, which is what the 60 per cent is based upon, that was around £12m.

There are also transitional arrangements for relegated clubs, which means the wage costs of players signed pre-September of a club's relegation season aren't counted towards the total, if they were signed on contracts of three seasons or more. Wages of youth players on a pro deals are also excluded if they are 20 or under at the start of the season.
How much relegation will cost Town on 15:56 - Mar 15 with 1859 viewsGrantland14

How much relegation will cost Town on 15:50 - Mar 15 by PhilTWTD

They're wrongly interpreting some of those figures. The £18.5m wage bill from last year was the overall wage bill not the player wage bill, which is what the 60 per cent is based upon, that was around £12m.

There are also transitional arrangements for relegated clubs, which means the wage costs of players signed pre-September of a club's relegation season aren't counted towards the total, if they were signed on contracts of three seasons or more. Wages of youth players on a pro deals are also excluded if they are 20 or under at the start of the season.

Thanks for sharing, Phil! Does the club spend ~£6m on wages outside of the playing squad?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 15:58]
How much relegation will cost Town on 16:14 - Mar 15 with 1803 viewsPhilTWTD

How much relegation will cost Town on 15:56 - Mar 15 by Grantland14

Thanks for sharing, Phil! Does the club spend ~£6m on wages outside of the playing squad?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 15:58]

From what I was told that was the case by someone who very much should know. I assume last season's manager was on a fair amount of that. Quite a few people on the payroll these days so I suppose those all add up.
How much relegation will cost Town on 16:16 - Mar 15 with 1783 viewsGrantland14

How much relegation will cost Town on 16:14 - Mar 15 by PhilTWTD

From what I was told that was the case by someone who very much should know. I assume last season's manager was on a fair amount of that. Quite a few people on the payroll these days so I suppose those all add up.

Ah, yes, I'd imagine the coaching/management staff would take up quite a chunk of that figure.
How much relegation will cost Town on 16:56 - Mar 15 with 1691 viewsDennyx4

How much relegation will cost Town on 16:14 - Mar 15 by PhilTWTD

Could it include bonus payments to players?
How much relegation will cost Town on 17:00 - Mar 15 with 1678 viewsPhilTWTD

How much relegation will cost Town on 16:56 - Mar 15 by Dennyx4

Could it include bonus payments to players?

I assume bonuses to players would still have been counted as player wages but not 100 per cent on that.
How much relegation will cost Town on 19:10 - Mar 15 with 1502 viewsCheltenham_Blue

How much relegation will cost Town on 17:00 - Mar 15 by PhilTWTD

I assume bonuses to players would still have been counted as player wages but not 100 per cent on that.

Bonuses? Who the hell will of earned a bonus this season?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

How much relegation will cost Town on 19:36 - Mar 15 with 1458 viewsDennyx4

How much relegation will cost Town on 19:10 - Mar 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

Bonuses? Who the hell will of earned a bonus this season?

I was talking about last year. I believe that there was a bonus payment payable depending on where we finished in the league.

This year you are right, I assume no bonuses to be paid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024