Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Neville post-match summary 18:41 - Jun 23 with 2835 viewsxrayspecs

clap clap clap
Phil Neville post-match summary on 18:45 - Jun 23 with 2809 viewsBent_double

Agreed, spoke the truth, can't ask more than that.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Phil Neville post-match summary on 18:53 - Jun 23 with 2767 viewsWhymarkmariner

Cameroon shocking. They have one or two decent players and a few that makes Chopper Harrison look like a whooze. This is a showcase competition for ladies football and whilst we know that professional footballer in most of our Divisions question referees decisions Cameroon were completely over the top, literally in some cases. They should be warned of future conduct and told that if they can't control themselves that they will be banned from playing. Some of their antics reminded me of Italy and Argentina years ago.
Phil Neville post-match summary on 19:53 - Jun 23 with 2585 viewsWD19

Phil Neville post-match summary on 18:53 - Jun 23 by Whymarkmariner

Cameroon shocking. They have one or two decent players and a few that makes Chopper Harrison look like a whooze. This is a showcase competition for ladies football and whilst we know that professional footballer in most of our Divisions question referees decisions Cameroon were completely over the top, literally in some cases. They should be warned of future conduct and told that if they can't control themselves that they will be banned from playing. Some of their antics reminded me of Italy and Argentina years ago.

Still not as good as this....

Phil Neville post-match summary on 21:08 - Jun 23 with 2459 viewsDeano69

Totally agree

Cameroon were appalling. Everything the women’s game currently isn’t. Needs stamping out now.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Phil Neville post-match summary on 21:47 - Jun 23 with 2368 viewsTrequartista

It was all very earnest but in the end the pundits are all saying how bad it was and everyone watching on telly is thinking this is the most entertaining match they've seen in a long time.

A particular highlight was the Cameroon #7 initially ignoring a return pass to her, seemingly forgetting she was playing in a football match.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Phil Neville post-match summary on 22:27 - Jun 23 with 2280 viewssparks

Phil Neville post-match summary on 21:47 - Jun 23 by Trequartista

It was all very earnest but in the end the pundits are all saying how bad it was and everyone watching on telly is thinking this is the most entertaining match they've seen in a long time.

A particular highlight was the Cameroon #7 initially ignoring a return pass to her, seemingly forgetting she was playing in a football match.

Ref was appalling.

Yellow cards at the delayed restart. Pen was clear. Cameroons goal not clearly and obviously offside and should have stood. Red card last minute- not given for fear of cameroon reaction.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Phil Neville post-match summary on 23:40 - Jun 23 with 2172 viewsRyorry

Phil Neville post-match summary on 22:27 - Jun 23 by sparks

Ref was appalling.

Yellow cards at the delayed restart. Pen was clear. Cameroons goal not clearly and obviously offside and should have stood. Red card last minute- not given for fear of cameroon reaction.

Was any time actually added for Cameroon's "conference" in the centre circle at end of first half?

Shocking behaviour by their players, just the image that the women's game doesn't want, giving rise to comments like UefaCup1981's "bloody hysterical women" even when jokily said. I think the team are paid professionals, not ams or semi-pro? (have googled but can't find out for sure).

Then to cap it all, they apparently said that the decisions against them were down to racism. A lot has to be down to their manager - I wonder what Phil N's words to him were at the end - looked like solid advice rather than anything contentious.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2019/06/23/cameroon-teams-disgraceful-var-

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Phil Neville post-match summary on 09:20 - Jun 24 with 1899 viewsSamWhiteUK

Phil Neville post-match summary on 22:27 - Jun 23 by sparks

Ref was appalling.

Should've been a red in the 4th minute as well
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Neville post-match summary on 09:30 - Jun 24 with 1877 viewsHeathlander

Phil Neville post-match summary on 18:53 - Jun 23 by Whymarkmariner

I enjoyed this game more than any other during the Woman's World Cup. Loved the spice and sh1thousing. Made it an enjoyable game.

I know it's bad form and all that and a disgrace and they should act as role models but as a spectacle I enjoyed all that nonsense.

Everyone loves a bit of handbags in a game.
Phil Neville post-match summary on 09:37 - Jun 24 with 1853 viewsartsbossbeard

Phil Neville post-match summary on 09:30 - Jun 24 by Heathlander

I enjoyed this game more than any other during the Woman's World Cup. Loved the spice and sh1thousing. Made it an enjoyable game.

I know it's bad form and all that and a disgrace and they should act as role models but as a spectacle I enjoyed all that nonsense.

Everyone loves a bit of handbags in a game.

Proper game of football that.

I'd have been absolutely seething on their disallowed goal too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024