Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
he is still at it...nil man managment. 08:30 - Aug 22 with 1502 viewsfergalsharkey

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cambridge-united

Poll: Burley for manager?

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 08:35 - Aug 22 with 1451 viewsHerbivore

Much as I dislike Hurst I'm not sure how you read that story as being about poor man management.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 08:44 - Aug 22 with 1403 viewschicoazul

Could everyone please stop talking about that awful man?

Words are a medium that reduces reality to abstraction for transmission to our reason, and in their power to corrode reality inevitably lurks the danger that the words will be corroded too. It might be more appropriate, in fact, to liken their action to excessive stomach fluids that digest and gradually eat away the stomach itself.

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 08:45 - Aug 22 with 1392 viewsSouperJim

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 08:35 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

Much as I dislike Hurst I'm not sure how you read that story as being about poor man management.

He's probably referring to this bit:-

“He let himself down and you can’t get away from that. It was a silly reaction. I will have a little think about whether it will impact his place in the side. But I want to focus on the players that put in a great shift and a big effort"

Yep, dig out a player for being frustrated at being subbed after 20 minutes through no fault of his own.

Poll: Which Team Are YOU!?
Blog: Broken Ipswich

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 09:21 - Aug 22 with 1197 viewsGeoffSentence

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 08:44 - Aug 22 by chicoazul

Could everyone please stop talking about that awful man?

Why?

In the 38 games in which ALB played in goal for us, we averaged 1.53 points per game which, had they been over the course of a single season, would have seen us challenging for the play offs. This at a time when we were otherwise struggling against relegation. Oh, and didn't Mick Mills have terrific posture.
Poll: Who has been our greatest Dane?

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 09:42 - Aug 22 with 1119 viewsHerbivore

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 08:45 - Aug 22 by SouperJim

“He let himself down and you can’t get away from that. It was a silly reaction. I will have a little think about whether it will impact his place in the side. But I want to focus on the players that put in a great shift and a big effort"

Yep, dig out a player for being frustrated at being subbed after 20 minutes through no fault of his own.

He's got a point. And he was asked about the reaction. Nothing to see here at all.

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 09:45 - Aug 22 with 1096 viewsSouperJim

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 09:42 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

He's got a point. And he was asked about the reaction. Nothing to see here at all.

You don't think "I never want one of my players to be happy to be subbed and I understand his frustration, it was for the good of the team and he was unfortunate" would have been a better way to handle it?

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 09:50 - Aug 22 with 1069 viewsHerbivore

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 09:45 - Aug 22 by SouperJim

You don't think "I never want one of my players to be happy to be subbed and I understand his frustration, it was for the good of the team and he was unfortunate" would have been a better way to handle it?

Not especially. Being frustrated is one thing, kicking the dugout like that is quite another. You should respect the manager and the team when a reshuffle is needed after a red card, not spit your dummy out.

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 09:55 - Aug 22 with 1036 viewsSouperJim

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 09:50 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

Not especially. Being frustrated is one thing, kicking the dugout like that is quite another. You should respect the manager and the team when a reshuffle is needed after a red card, not spit your dummy out.

I agree, but this is what he is saying publicly to the press, not privately to the player. If I have an issue with the conduct of a member of staff, I tell them in private, not infront of the whole office. Suggesting he might drop him as a result, before he's even spoken to the player, is way over the top for me.

Login to get fewer ads

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 09:57 - Aug 22 with 1021 viewsHerbivore

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 09:55 - Aug 22 by SouperJim

I agree, but this is what he is saying publicly to the press, not privately to the player. If I have an issue with the conduct of a member of staff, I tell them in private, not infront of the whole office. Suggesting he might drop him as a result, before he's even spoken to the player, is way over the top for me.

Agree to disagree. Seemed to me like the kind of bland response that many football managers would have given to that question.

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 10:05 - Aug 22 with 992 viewsMrTown

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 08:45 - Aug 22 by SouperJim

No reason to throw a tantrum in the public eye. It was a forced move, after an early red card, its not a uncommon thing to hook a flair player after going down to 10 men.

If Hammill wants to throw his toys out the pram, throw a wobbly his position should be reconsidered, team game not an indivdual sport.

Don't like Hurst, but can't see too much he said out of line there.
he is still at it...nil man managment. on 10:40 - Aug 22 with 882 viewsSouperJim

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 10:05 - Aug 22 by MrTown

No reason to throw a tantrum in the public eye. It was a forced move, after an early red card, its not a uncommon thing to hook a flair player after going down to 10 men.

If Hammill wants to throw his toys out the pram, throw a wobbly his position should be reconsidered, team game not an indivdual sport.

Don't like Hurst, but can't see too much he said out of line there.

Again, I agree on the assessment of the incident, but at the same time footballers want to play football and you need players with passion. Hurst is just trying to maintain his absolute dictator status by criticising his reaction to the press. A good man manager would have handled it behind closed doors and not suggested it might cost the player his place. See Lambert and the Downes headbutt at Cambridge.

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 10:46 - Aug 22 with 858 viewsbraveblue

Can’t see a thing wrong with what he said!!
he is still at it...nil man managment. on 10:59 - Aug 22 with 802 viewsHerbivore

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 10:40 - Aug 22 by SouperJim

Again, I agree on the assessment of the incident, but at the same time footballers want to play football and you need players with passion. Hurst is just trying to maintain his absolute dictator status by criticising his reaction to the press. A good man manager would have handled it behind closed doors and not suggested it might cost the player his place. See Lambert and the Downes headbutt at Cambridge.

I think you're reading too much into it. If a manager not named Hurst had said what he said in the context of that interview you would think nothing of it.

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 11:34 - Aug 22 with 721 viewsSouperJim

he is still at it...nil man managment. on 10:59 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

I think you're reading too much into it. If a manager not named Hurst had said what he said in the context of that interview you would think nothing of it.

Possibly, based on credible tales of his antics here

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2019