Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 17:12 - Dec 14 with 6519 viewsHerbivore

Those who have been in favour, convince me he's the man for the job without making reference to him saying nice things about the fans. Where I'm standing he seems clueless, pretty much Paul Hurst levels of clueless. No shape, no system, no style of play. We're regressing and he shows no signs of being able to address it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert on 17:14 - Dec 14 with 4080 viewsHerbivore

Your down arrow isn't convincing me, Keaneish.

Lambert on 17:14 - Dec 14 with 4068 viewsr2d2

Never have been convinced by him..
Lambert on 17:15 - Dec 14 with 4058 viewshaynes_toe1

Yep, was clear last season however I'm not sure there's much better available at the moment. And I still believe we will manage to get promoted, despite him
Lambert on 17:20 - Dec 14 with 4014 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert on 17:15 - Dec 14 by haynes_toe1

Yep, was clear last season however I'm not sure there's much better available at the moment. And I still believe we will manage to get promoted, despite him

The issue is we need to be establishing a system and team that can compete in the championship if we get promoted. Rather than scrape promotion and then be fodder for other teams.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert on 17:26 - Dec 14 with 3951 viewsgainsboroughblue

Lambert on 17:20 - Dec 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

The issue is we need to be establishing a system and team that can compete in the championship if we get promoted. Rather than scrape promotion and then be fodder for other teams.

This.

For me, this season was about re-establishing our identity, our self-respect and garnering respect from other clubs. Scraping into the championship with a series of muddled performances with bodged and inconsistent tactics and line ups should not be the aim and doesn't send out the right message, regardless of it's success or indeed failure, which if this slump continues, will be the outcome.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Lambert on 17:26 - Dec 14 with 3943 viewsStokieBlue

It's becoming very hard to defend him.

The relentless chopping and changing is wearing the supporters and players down. The rotation stuff is nonsense - he seems to think we are the equivalent of 1990's Man United because we are in League One.

Loads of hoofing in the second half today as well as they had little instruction or idea.

First half, goals aside, we attacked well when we kept it on the deck and got the ball in behind the full backs. Trying to go through the centre all the time is nonsensical.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lambert on 17:29 - Dec 14 with 3912 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 17:26 - Dec 14 by StokieBlue

The relentless chopping and changing is wearing the supporters and players down. The rotation stuff is nonsense - he seems to think we are the equivalent of 1990's Man United because we are in League One.

Loads of hoofing in the second half today as well as they had little instruction or idea.

First half, goals aside, we attacked well when we kept it on the deck and got the ball in behind the full backs. Trying to go through the centre all the time is nonsensical.

SB

1990s Man United rarely changed formation. We change formation nearly every week.

I'm close to saying pull the trigger. I know that seems extreme with us second in the league but it's clear he hasn't got a clue what he's doing and I can't see what he's meant to be building. We've got 2 wins in 8, 9 points from those fixtures, in a really poor league that our squad should be too good for.

Lambert on 17:30 - Dec 14 with 3891 viewsCoco

Lambert on 17:20 - Dec 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Which he said the day he joined! AND persisted with system despite getting smashed week in week out saying it would benefit us long term! Now it’s just been abandoned! It’s genuinely bizarre and i do not get it.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 17:33 - Dec 14 with 3871 viewsTheSelkirk

The club and fans were looking for a manager to get us out of the Championship and keep us out. PL seems to be working toward that goal.
Lambert on 17:36 - Dec 14 with 3847 viewsWD19

First sensible thing you have said in weeks.

I think he is probably a reasonable man manager, but not such a good football one.
Lambert on 17:41 - Dec 14 with 3799 viewsJDB23

Stop moaning. wEre OnE poINt aHeAD Of ThiRd!!

He is a clueless manager. We have the quality of players to be ripping teams apart in this league and we've yet to do it once for 90 mins. The rotation has ruined us, look how many times today balls were played in behind/short and the attacker done the complete opposite because there's no understanding there. They go down to 10 men and he leaves it till 88 minutes to try and inject some pace/width.
Lambert on 17:44 - Dec 14 with 3783 viewsChrisd

I think I’m with you on this Herbivore. PL has done a lot to get us all back on board and some other good stuff off the pitch, but I’m having my doubts about his managerial credentials. We’ve not been that great for the majority of the season and our general play has been poor on the whole. I’m not sure, he knows what the problems are or how to fix them either.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert on 17:47 - Dec 14 with 3765 viewspointofblue

For me, it depends what he does next. For all the faults today, both down to having a central midfielder at right back, we actually seemed to have an identity and style of play - particularly in the first half and the first portion of the second. I'd argue it started to creek and fall apart when Judge came on for Dozzell.

If we can keep a relatively settled team and shape we may go somewhere. I'd understand if he returns to the eleven which faced Coventry in the league next week, for a little more solidity away from home, but there shouldn't be any more changes than that and the formation should stay the same. Let the players get used to the formation and the expectation - for all the criticism after a loss today was a step forward on recent home games except for the blunders at the back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert on 17:49 - Dec 14 with 3741 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 17:47 - Dec 14 by pointofblue

For me, it depends what he does next. For all the faults today, both down to having a central midfielder at right back, we actually seemed to have an identity and style of play - particularly in the first half and the first portion of the second. I'd argue it started to creek and fall apart when Judge came on for Dozzell.

If we can keep a relatively settled team and shape we may go somewhere. I'd understand if he returns to the eleven which faced Coventry in the league next week, for a little more solidity away from home, but there shouldn't be any more changes than that and the formation should stay the same. Let the players get used to the formation and the expectation - for all the criticism after a loss today was a step forward on recent home games except for the blunders at the back.

You're being incredibly generous imo.

Lambert on 17:50 - Dec 14 with 3736 viewspointofblue

Lambert on 17:49 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

You're being incredibly generous imo.

And IMO you're being incredibly harsh - just on today rather than the season as a whole, I hasten to add. If Lambert starts switching formations and making non-sensical changes again I'll be in agreement with you.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert on 17:54 - Dec 14 with 3694 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 17:50 - Dec 14 by pointofblue

And IMO you're being incredibly harsh - just on today rather than the season as a whole, I hasten to add. If Lambert starts switching formations and making non-sensical changes again I'll be in agreement with you.

How many times will he need to make wholesale changes before you judge him? We're nearly halfway through the season, I'm not basing my view solely on today.

Lambert on 18:09 - Dec 14 with 3599 viewsMrTown

He may not be, but we’ve lost 3 league games all season and are 2nd in the league with 1 game in hand.

Let’s look again in January. Also would pay no attention to his interviews, we know he likes to spin them but it’s often waffle. Long way to go.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert on 18:22 - Dec 14 with 3557 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on 17:47 - Dec 14 by pointofblue

He's now been in charge over a year. We're no closer to seeing a settled team or pattern of play.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert on 18:22 - Dec 14 with 3556 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 18:09 - Dec 14 by MrTown

He may not be, but we’ve lost 3 league games all season and are 2nd in the league with 1 game in hand.

Let’s look again in January. Also would pay no attention to his interviews, we know he likes to spin them but it’s often waffle. Long way to go.

We've lost three of our last eight, winning only two in that time. That good start to the season, where results exceeded performances, is a distant memory now.

Lambert on 18:23 - Dec 14 with 3535 viewsLankHenners

Lambert on 17:26 - Dec 14 by StokieBlue

SB

It was a general lack of urgency and knowing what to do. The goal came from quick passing which they couldn’t react to. After that it was all too static and you could throw a tea towel over everyone in the final third. Going down the middle shouldn’t have been a bad thing given the formation was so narrow but the passing was off, no one was on the same wave length and there was barely any movement.

Think Dozzell going off was a bad move as he was the only one trying to make an incisive forward pass which led to a couple of balls being hit across the box. With him off Downes went deeper which stopped him pressing and winning the ball higher up the pitch which he was doing well. Judge was all over the place and didn’t have an impact.

They go down to 10 and Lambert delays the sub he was going to make then makes it 10 minutes later when the game’s nearly over.

Frustrating as Rovers clearly aren’t all that and looked very shaky but for all the possession we only hit hopeful balls into the box where they just needed to knock it out and they’d defend the next one. Gifted them two dreadful goals didn’t help. A coherent team that knew what it was doing would have beaten them by 2 or 3.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert on 18:26 - Dec 14 with 3517 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 18:23 - Dec 14 by LankHenners

It was a general lack of urgency and knowing what to do. The goal came from quick passing which they couldn’t react to. After that it was all too static and you could throw a tea towel over everyone in the final third. Going down the middle shouldn’t have been a bad thing given the formation was so narrow but the passing was off, no one was on the same wave length and there was barely any movement.

Think Dozzell going off was a bad move as he was the only one trying to make an incisive forward pass which led to a couple of balls being hit across the box. With him off Downes went deeper which stopped him pressing and winning the ball higher up the pitch which he was doing well. Judge was all over the place and didn’t have an impact.

They go down to 10 and Lambert delays the sub he was going to make then makes it 10 minutes later when the game’s nearly over.

Frustrating as Rovers clearly aren’t all that and looked very shaky but for all the possession we only hit hopeful balls into the box where they just needed to knock it out and they’d defend the next one. Gifted them two dreadful goals didn’t help. A coherent team that knew what it was doing would have beaten them by 2 or 3.

Judge was awful when he came on for Dozzell and it definitely knocked our performance. Dozzell wasn't pulling up trees but he kept us moving and rarely gave the ball away.

Lambert on 18:42 - Dec 14 with 3458 viewsTheBoyBlue

I am generally a fan of his. I think he is trying to impose a style of play, but I can't really defend him on the pitch at the moment. We had momentum, we were playing with confidence, we were scoring, keeping clean sheets. Not playing brilliantly but showing this squad should be too good for this division, generally looking a cut above most in terms of quality. But that's all been lost with needless international breaks, chopping and changing. I'm not sure where we go from here because we're now in a rut and on the basis of last season he doesn't seem capable of getting us out of it.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Lambert on 18:42 - Dec 14 with 3451 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Lambert on 17:29 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

1990s Man United rarely changed formation. We change formation nearly every week.

I'm close to saying pull the trigger. I know that seems extreme with us second in the league but it's clear he hasn't got a clue what he's doing and I can't see what he's meant to be building. We've got 2 wins in 8, 9 points from those fixtures, in a really poor league that our squad should be too good for.

He was at his best with Culverhouse alongside him.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Lambert on 18:52 - Dec 14 with 3365 viewslmfcblue

Been blagging it from day one. Got shot down for saying it but our early wins were never convincing and they papered over a lot of cracks that were clear to see.
His constant changes have worn the players and us down.
Lambert on 18:56 - Dec 14 with 3348 viewsSwansea_Blue

I saw glimmers of hope in our style last year, even though results didn’t improve over Hurst. It was progressive and enjoyable at times. But January didn’t help and just gave him selection headaches, and that’s got worse this season (although I wasn’t there today).

He almost needs a smaller squad to force him into some consistency- perversely that might help.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024