Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely not! 22:56 - Aug 1 with 3028 viewshomer_123

A buyout on the cards?

Two different, unconnected, people I know have both (within the space of a week) indicated Evans is in talks.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Surely not! on 22:58 - Aug 1 with 2985 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'd be very wary of changing owners now.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Surely not! on 23:02 - Aug 1 with 2955 viewsCokeIsKey

Thank god the Newcastle takeover didn’t happen...

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Surely not! on 23:06 - Aug 1 with 2935 viewsHorsham

Call me cynical but I’d question why post this on Saturday night having not mentioned it prior this week? Seems a bit of a squiffy rumour to me...
Surely not! on 23:24 - Aug 1 with 2846 viewspointofblue

Surely not! on 22:58 - Aug 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'd be very wary of changing owners now.

Depends who we get - there are far worse people out there than Evans but there must be better options too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Surely not! on 23:34 - Aug 1 with 2806 viewsIllinoisblue

Surely not! on 23:24 - Aug 1 by pointofblue

Depends who we get - there are far worse people out there than Evans but there must be better options too.

Evans keeps us alive but at the same time is killing us. It’s a wretched existence. Time for change.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Surely not! on 00:38 - Aug 2 with 2696 viewsJimmyJazz

Surely not! on 23:06 - Aug 1 by Horsham

Call me cynical but I’d question why post this on Saturday night having not mentioned it prior this week? Seems a bit of a squiffy rumour to me...

Why? The first was about a week ago, but is in isolation. The second may have been today.

You might be right to be sceptical but the logic around the timing seems unfair

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Surely not! on 06:47 - Aug 2 with 2529 viewsBloomBlue

The talks stopped after the Newcastle buyout failed, which is a pity as Mike Ashley would make a great owner.
Surely not! on 07:16 - Aug 2 with 2465 viewsKeno

So you reckon the Godolphin deal is back on?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Surely not! on 07:25 - Aug 2 with 2443 viewsEl_Fenix

According to Wikipedia, the Marcus Evans' group "organises live business, sports and entertainment events around the world. Its global regional head offices are: Europe — Dublin, US — Chicago and APAC — Kuala Lumpur."

The business is being devastated by the impact of the Corona virus. If the core business is struggling to avoid bankruptcy, then ITFC is an irritating distraction.

If Marcus Evans can get cash out, ownership of the club is likely to change within a few months. Alternatively, ITFC could be forced into administration.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Surely not! on 10:12 - Aug 2 with 2095 viewsBryanPlug

Surely not! on 07:25 - Aug 2 by El_Fenix

According to Wikipedia, the Marcus Evans' group "organises live business, sports and entertainment events around the world. Its global regional head offices are: Europe — Dublin, US — Chicago and APAC — Kuala Lumpur."

The business is being devastated by the impact of the Corona virus. If the core business is struggling to avoid bankruptcy, then ITFC is an irritating distraction.

If Marcus Evans can get cash out, ownership of the club is likely to change within a few months. Alternatively, ITFC could be forced into administration.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Surely not! on 10:20 - Aug 2 with 2071 viewsitfcjoe

It wouldn’t happen, and not even a consideration but I wonder if Saudis will try and buy an EFL club and get in PL via backdoor - thei biggest issue was the state sponsored piracy of PL rights

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Surely not! on 10:31 - Aug 2 with 2005 viewsmr_bean

Surely not! on 23:34 - Aug 1 by Illinoisblue

Evans keeps us alive but at the same time is killing us. It’s a wretched existence. Time for change.

Nail on head. Perfectly summed up.
Surely not! on 11:15 - Aug 2 with 1844 viewsFrankfurtBlue

I wonder how any one person might learn of any takeover talks, let alone two distinct people. Evans can be accused of many things, but indiscretion is not one of them. Assuming the OP is no joke, it would appear that Evans is trying to drum up interest by "placing" information, regardless of whether there is any real interest or not.

Hopes abound!
Surely not! on 11:49 - Aug 2 with 1728 viewsElephantintheRoom

Erm... a thrid division football clubwith no assets on a downward spiral would be a bit of a gamble at the best of times.... with the provenance of £100million losses in the last decade of decline then it becomes utter madenss.... throw in the near certainty that next season - and for how many seasons in the future cannot continue with crowds - then your rumour becomes just a little bit unsustainable.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024