Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sears on the left just doesn't really work 20:58 - Nov 21 with 2741 viewsbournemouthblue

does it? Bring back Danny Rowe

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 21:01 - Nov 21 with 2729 viewseddiespearitt03

Regretfully to say, Sears in the team does not work, period.
Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 21:01 - Nov 21 with 2726 viewsSpruceMoose

I'd forgotten he existed.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 21:16 - Nov 21 with 2675 viewsSuperblue95

Sears anywhere hasn’t worked in about 5 years to be fair

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 21:34 - Nov 21 with 2646 viewsGarv

Rowe was terrible unfortunately.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 22:04 - Nov 21 with 2595 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 22:45 - Nov 21 with 2566 viewsbournemouthblue

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 22:04 - Nov 21 by BryanPlug

That I certainly agree with but surely we can do better than Sears?

If Sears starts any where, it has to be upfront

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 23:47 - Nov 21 with 2501 viewsRocky

A decent sub but is now slowing down and shouldn't be a starting player in any team seriously challenging for promotion. No way would he be starting for Peterboro, Charlton or Hull etc. Lambert likes his favourites though.
Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 23:54 - Nov 21 with 2486 viewscatch74

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 23:47 - Nov 21 by Rocky

A decent sub but is now slowing down and shouldn't be a starting player in any team seriously challenging for promotion. No way would he be starting for Peterboro, Charlton or Hull etc. Lambert likes his favourites though.

His extra yard of pace was his main threat - beaten for pace by their defender today, sadly not a player that will make up for slowing down with speed of thought. Good professional but standing in the way of younger players now.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 01:14 - Nov 22 with 2451 viewsSarge

Unfortunately he doesn’t though. He seems to play on the right in order to allow Sears to plough on with the left wing effectiveness of Nikita Khrushchev’s barber.
Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 06:47 - Nov 22 with 2386 viewsbluesym

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 22:45 - Nov 21 by bournemouthblue

That I certainly agree with but surely we can do better than Sears?

If Sears starts any where, it has to be upfront

As ive said on another thread,this notion about moving Sears up front and he suddenly becomes a world beater is just nonsense.He is a player on the decline,not worthy of even a spot on the bench.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 08:13 - Nov 22 with 2349 viewsjayessess

Yesterday we started with 2 full backs and 2 wingers in their 30s. Not having to deal with anyone who can beat their man makes life so easy for the opposition. It was very noticeable that even though we still weren't playing well, Bennetts massively opened the game up when he started running at them.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 08:15 - Nov 22 with 2345 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Said pre kick off, Sears / Judge as your wingers... dear oh dear..... nae normal

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 09:39 - Nov 22 with 2293 viewsHealysBackPocket

Does he though? Lambert seems hellbent on playing him on the right despite the evidence that putting him on the left is where he's most effective.

I think the main thing is that Sears just doesn't really work - left, right or centre.
Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 09:48 - Nov 22 with 2274 viewspointofblue

This is akin to that House of Games round when you have to replace a word to make the sentence correct - can I remove ‘left’ and replace it with ‘pitch’ please?

A consummate professional who always tries hard but sadly I think his time is done.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 10:02 - Nov 22 with 2255 viewsbournemouthblue

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 06:47 - Nov 22 by bluesym

As ive said on another thread,this notion about moving Sears up front and he suddenly becomes a world beater is just nonsense.He is a player on the decline,not worthy of even a spot on the bench.

I'm not saying he's a world beater up there but he doesn't have to be in League One.

Isn't he our only striker to have scored this season in the league?

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 10:03 - Nov 22 with 2254 viewsgordon

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 06:47 - Nov 22 by bluesym

Thing is, in the 45 minutes he's played as a central striker this season, he scored 1 and set up 1.
Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 10:10 - Nov 22 with 2242 viewsbluesym

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 10:03 - Nov 22 by gordon

Thing is, in the 45 minutes he's played as a central striker this season, he scored 1 and set up 1.

James Alabi scored 1 goal in about 20 minutes of football and i wouldnt want him leading the line either.

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 10:13 - Nov 22 with 2232 viewsbluesym

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 10:02 - Nov 22 by bournemouthblue

I'm not saying he's a world beater up there but he doesn't have to be in League One.

Isn't he our only striker to have scored this season in the league?

Hawkins? At least Hawkins offers something,all be it very agricultural! Sears just doesnt do it for me and bar one purple patch when we first signed him,has never been a goalscorer.

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 10:28 - Nov 22 with 2219 viewsjayessess

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 10:03 - Nov 22 by gordon

That's a very small sample size. I don't really get why anyone thinks his scoring rate would increase dramatically if he were playing centrally. This isn't the days of 4-4-2, wingers hugging the touchline etc, he's allowed to make runs into central areas. Our top-scorer is a winger. And yet, his record for us in L1 is 2 goals in 19 appearances.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 10:30 - Nov 22 with 2215 viewsnodge_blue

The only time Sears look decent has been through the middle as a second striker.

He's said himself he doesn't feel comfortable out wide.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 21:44 - Nov 22 with 2111 viewsmadmouse1959

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 23:54 - Nov 21 by catch74

His extra yard of pace was his main threat - beaten for pace by their defender today, sadly not a player that will make up for slowing down with speed of thought. Good professional but standing in the way of younger players now.

There are a few players at this club who have had countless games and more than one season to make a difference and haven,t. The sooner we move away from favoritism the better for this club and team.

shampoo dave

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 23:26 - Nov 22 with 2064 viewsVaughan8

Just watched Quest and realised Josh Emmanuel is right back for Hull!

Surely he has to be one of their weak links and the left sided player needs to take advantage of that.

Sears hasn't been good for a number of years (and had injuries). Good to have around and a sub, but maybe shouldn't be starting anymore! We have plenty of options for that position.
Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 23:56 - Nov 22 with 2049 viewswkj

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 21:16 - Nov 21 by Superblue95

Sears anywhere hasn’t worked in about 5 years to be fair

I would say that is a bit harsh, Sears can really explode with the right partnership up front, or he COULD before he got injured. I am willing to bet many managers in the Championship with the right system could get a lot of quality out of Sears, but not on the wing- that is for sure.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sears on the left just doesn't really work on 11:29 - Nov 23 with 1949 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Danny Rowe who has had no club since we let him go and never really worked here? I think i'd rather stick with Sears.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024