Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch 21:20 - Aug 8 with 1700 viewsCheltenham_Blue

which probably means he thinks it’s a long lay off.

So, that means two CBs needed now. One probably on loan.
Frustrating for Town as the reason Gibson didn’t happen surely that we wanted a permanent deal and Everton wanted a loan.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:23 - Aug 8 with 1659 viewstextbackup

Reckon it was also a case of yesterday was his chance to claim a CB spot, and that’s now well and truely gone unfortunately

Donacian surprised me, slotted in there and played well

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:27 - Aug 8 with 1610 viewsportmanking

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:23 - Aug 8 by textbackup

Reckon it was also a case of yesterday was his chance to claim a CB spot, and that’s now well and truely gone unfortunately

Donacien is a perfectly adequate CB at League 1 level. He's arguably a better weapon than Toto given that he can play out to Harper and Evans, meaning they don't have to drop so deep to start attacks.
Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:28 - Aug 8 with 1597 viewspointofblue

Both first XI seemingly left the pitch in tears, for different reasons. Not the best start to the season.

I believe it was a case of Edmundson or Gibson and we went for a former. If the plan was to bring in Edmundson and Gibson and be supported by Nsiala and Woolfenden then I would have thought that Ashton and Cook had lost the plot. I'm sure the intention is to bring in one experienced centre back, with Burns dropping back to right back if need be and Donacien covering centre back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:31 - Aug 8 with 1570 viewstextbackup

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:27 - Aug 8 by portmanking

Donacien is a perfectly adequate CB at League 1 level. He's arguably a better weapon than Toto given that he can play out to Harper and Evans, meaning they don't have to drop so deep to start attacks.

JD was certainly never over weight, but thought he looked really trim yesterday too.
Would love to be made to eat my words about him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:42 - Aug 8 with 1487 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:28 - Aug 8 by pointofblue

Both first XI seemingly left the pitch in tears, for different reasons. Not the best start to the season.

I believe it was a case of Edmundson or Gibson and we went for a former. If the plan was to bring in Edmundson and Gibson and be supported by Nsiala and Woolfenden then I would have thought that Ashton and Cook had lost the plot. I'm sure the intention is to bring in one experienced centre back, with Burns dropping back to right back if need be and Donacien covering centre back.

Phil seemed to think Gibson was a long way down the line. Edmundson can more out of the blue.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 21:43]

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:47 - Aug 8 with 1442 viewspointofblue

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:42 - Aug 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Phil seemed to think Gibson was a long way down the line. Edmundson can more out of the blue.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 21:43]

I reckon Edmundson was another target on the same list as Gibson; we came to an agreement with Rangers pretty quickly when it was obvious Everton wouldn't sell. It's possible we were keeping both negotiations running side by side and then decided to shake on Edmundson and pull out of the Gibson negotiations.

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:55 - Aug 8 with 1384 viewschrismakin

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:23 - Aug 8 by textbackup

I've always liked Donacien and feel hes a really solid defender at this level. I would like to see him more.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 22:00 - Aug 8 with 1350 viewsMeadowlark

Elkan Baggott.

Why not?

I know he is "only" 18, but this is the third division.
Burley, Butcher, Osman, Beattie, Mills, all made their debuts at similar ages and we never knew how good they were until they'd been given the chance.
Login to get fewer ads

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 22:02 - Aug 8 with 1334 viewsBonchosBicycle

Gutted for Toto, but hope Donacien gets a look in. I don't recall him ever letting us down and being pretty impressed with him before he was banished.
Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 22:03 - Aug 8 with 1325 viewschrismakin

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 22:00 - Aug 8 by Meadowlark

Elkan Baggott.

Why not?

Burley, Butcher, Osman, Beattie, Mills, all made their debuts at similar ages and we never knew how good they were until they'd been given the chance.

No good throwing a youngster in until we have a leader for him. See wolfenden for that reason.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 22:13 - Aug 8 with 1264 viewspointofblue

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 22:03 - Aug 8 by chrismakin

No good throwing a youngster in until we have a leader for him. See wolfenden for that reason.

Exactly; if we put Baggott in then the fanbase will slag him off soon enough.

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 22:13 - Aug 8 with 1260 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 22:00 - Aug 8 by Meadowlark

Elkan Baggott.

Why not?

I don’t think we’ll just be throwing the kids in anymore, except maybe in cup games we’ve no interest in. Cook and Ashton have said as much. Ashton was implicit in saying that the youth players will need to be better than the first team and that means development.

Baggott is likely to go out on loan. Probably to a L2 club

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 08:10 - Aug 9 with 824 viewsWickets

Toto was in tears yesterday as he left the pitch on 21:27 - Aug 8 by portmanking

We have not seen much of Donacien at CB have we ? and i remember PL (sorry did not mean to swear) said he is a centre back . He can pick a pass better than Toto and to tell the true he did as well against big Cole Stockton ,who was on fire Saturday, as anyone did . So decent cover when needed maybe .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024