Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team 21:06 - Feb 23 with 797 viewsunstableblue

Look Hull were poor first half and missed a sitter, look Bennets final ball was frustrating (but he does stretch teams), and yes it was ugly at times...

.... and yes we almost (twistedly) want a poor performance so Lambert can GO - but again that press, that overall performance and those celebrations at the end - That is simply not a dressing room that the manager has lost.

And we're five points off 6th Doncaster (we play them Saturday), 6 points of sunderland in 5th with a game in hand.

We bullied Hull tonight, we pressed again and again - it would be lazy to say we won ugly and it was a horror to watch - yes it was for probably a half of the game, BUT there was very nice pass and move in between. I thought Bishop and Dozzell did well.

But for me it was just how much we bullied a clearly out of form Hull side. They couldn't handle it and the work rate of the likes of Judge and Kenlock was high.

Toto (who got booked for a great tackle, and then made a goal saving tackle at the end) and Wilson were so professional. We look a different team with them back - and I was a fan of the Wolf and McGuiness.

Parrot and Norwood are combining - ATTACK remains a problem, we're just not threatening the box enough. Lambert cannot seem to sort this. But Norwood is getting back to his best - and for me he is possibly our best player.

All this without Downes.

Parrot is coming good, he is a player, needs a goal.

Now the final mention KENLOCK - the guy is on fire. Transformed. So good on the ball currently.

I genuinely can see us going on a run, because that really was a continuation of the good seen against Oxford. Don't know how I feel about that as I want managerial change. But you have to comment on what you seen on the pitch!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 21:12]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:07 - Feb 23 with 756 viewsDubtractor

Minor point - Donny actually have a game in hand on US.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:08 - Feb 23 with 721 viewsbluefunk

Point of order, Doncaster in 6th have a game in hand on us, we have a game in hand on 5th, but 6 behind Sunderland
Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:09 - Feb 23 with 689 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We are 10th in League 1.

Let's not get too excited by a 1-0 win.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Whoops will edit!! (n/t) on 21:11 - Feb 23 with 662 viewsunstableblue

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:07 - Feb 23 by Dubtractor

Minor point - Donny actually have a game in hand on US.

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:12 - Feb 23 with 647 viewshomer_123

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:09 - Feb 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

We are 10th in League 1.

Let's not get too excited by a 1-0 win.

I'm going to enjoy that. Was a good match.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:14 - Feb 23 with 609 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:12 - Feb 23 by homer_123

No reason not to enjoy it, just hope it's not yet another false dawn, we've been here before.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:14 - Feb 23 with 605 viewsunstableblue

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:12 - Feb 23 by homer_123

Agreed

It wasn't all great play from Town.. apart from some great passages either side of half time

But if you can;t enjoy the endeavour shown.. whatever the league position.... well, I don't know.

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:48 - Feb 23 with 492 viewsreusersfreekicks

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:14 - Feb 23 by unstableblue

Agreed

It wasn't all great play from Town.. apart from some great passages either side of half time

But if you can;t enjoy the endeavour shown.. whatever the league position.... well, I don't know.

Sound like we just won the champions league rather than a match in div 3 v a depleted side
Login to get fewer ads

Match thoughts.... not what we wanted in a bizarre way, but credit to team on 21:54 - Feb 23 with 457 viewsChurchman

I’m pleased we won.

From a Lambert and club perspective it changes nothing for me, but it was a good win
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024