Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone use GoDaddy 13:40 - Feb 12 with 1361 viewsManchesterblue

Complete Novice when it comes to HTML so don't know where to start, Go Daddy do a Website builder, is it any good ?

Anyone use GoDaddy on 13:42 - Feb 12 with 1358 viewsDanTheMan

My advice would be to steer well clear of GoDaddy.

What are you building the website for?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone use GoDaddy on 13:52 - Feb 12 with 1329 viewsManchesterblue

Anyone use GoDaddy on 13:42 - Feb 12 by DanTheMan

My advice would be to steer well clear of GoDaddy.

What are you building the website for?

selling items, wife has been made redundant and she wants to start up on her own

Anyone use GoDaddy on 14:00 - Feb 12 with 1313 viewsconnorscontract

Anyone use GoDaddy on 13:52 - Feb 12 by Manchesterblue

selling items, wife has been made redundant and she wants to start up on her own

Wordpress is good, and free to use if you don't mind them putting some ads up. It's as easy to use as a bit of software like Word with a similar interface. You don't need to know any html (but can use it if you want) and can keep pages private after you publish them to make sure you get everything right before you expose them to the world.

wordpress.com/start

To be honest I would have thought you'd get better traffic from ebay listings (there are good online articles about how to write attractive ebay listings and avoid crucial mistakes) or if selling secondhand also consider using ebay in combination with local facebook groups (list on both and take down from ebay if it sells on facebook, and vice versa.

I hope that helps, all the best with it.
Anyone use GoDaddy on 14:05 - Feb 12 with 1301 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone use GoDaddy on 14:00 - Feb 12 by connorscontract

Wordpress is good, and free to use if you don't mind them putting some ads up. It's as easy to use as a bit of software like Word with a similar interface. You don't need to know any html (but can use it if you want) and can keep pages private after you publish them to make sure you get everything right before you expose them to the world.

wordpress.com/start

To be honest I would have thought you'd get better traffic from ebay listings (there are good online articles about how to write attractive ebay listings and avoid crucial mistakes) or if selling secondhand also consider using ebay in combination with local facebook groups (list on both and take down from ebay if it sells on facebook, and vice versa.

I hope that helps, all the best with it.

Agree with this, if you really need a proper eCommerce website then I'd suggest Wordpress as a starting point.

I don't know what you're selling but I imagine eBay, Amazon or if it's handmade Etsy might be something you could try first. My partner does this for her own company and for a good few years the sales from those significantly dwarfed those of their own website until they could put proper work into it.

Maintaining a website isn't as easy as it seems (coming from a full time front end developer).

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone use GoDaddy on 14:08 - Feb 12 with 1283 viewsManchesterblue

Anyone use GoDaddy on 14:05 - Feb 12 by DanTheMan

Agree with this, if you really need a proper eCommerce website then I'd suggest Wordpress as a starting point.

I don't know what you're selling but I imagine eBay, Amazon or if it's handmade Etsy might be something you could try first. My partner does this for her own company and for a good few years the sales from those significantly dwarfed those of their own website until they could put proper work into it.

Maintaining a website isn't as easy as it seems (coming from a full time front end developer).

Really appreciate the advise thanks
I'll try it when I get home from work later,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024