Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My only match of the season 16:46 - Mar 7 with 2380 viewsbobwya

Let me start by saying that I have been going to Portman Road since 1952 and although living in Lincoln for the last 35 years had retained a season ticket - until this season? The reason then for stopping had nothing to do with football but my health preventing me driving. Last night my son drove me across to Hillsborough along with his father in law - an ardent ST holding Wednesday fan. His verdict was that despite the owls indifferent form that was far and away the worst game he had seen all season. I had to agree that we had seen an unattractive but efficient team beat a poor side devoid of confidence.

I came away, obviously pleased we had won but not too bothered that I wouldn't be seeing the town again this season - something I never thought I would feel about my beloved club.

I also came away still not knowing how I feel about MM. Clearly his style and approach has led to a decline in attendances. Equally clearly his style, approach and experience has enabled us to stay I the championship - and on one occasion challenge for promotion - when otherwise we would probably have been relegated.

A change of manager doesn't guarantee either an improvement in results or performance - just look at Birmingham City.
ME is a successful businessman and being successful involves taking risks to gain reward. He must be weighing up the risks of changing manager and possibly ending up like Birmingham or sticking with MM, probably seeing a further fall in attendance but the reasonable likelihood of staying in the Championship and the outside chance of promotion. I'm not sure what I would do if I was in his shoes.
My only match of the season on 16:50 - Mar 7 with 2328 viewsmanchego

Did you go to the cup replay ?
My only match of the season on 16:59 - Mar 7 with 2301 viewsbobwya

My only match of the season on 16:50 - Mar 7 by manchego

Did you go to the cup replay ?

Unfortunately yes and I keep getting reminded of it by my friends!
My only match of the season on 17:22 - Mar 7 with 2248 viewsmonty_radio

As you've watched Town since '52 who, would you say, were the best couple of players
in the 50s, excluding Bailey. Carberry, Elsworthy, Philips, Leadbetter?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

My only match of the season on 19:19 - Mar 7 with 2106 viewsBanburyBlue

I feel very much the same. When we score at the moment I don't have the same feeling I used to, I would have to be pulled of the ceiling, but now its just ok, well done! Don't know if I will ever get the same feeling, maybe I have just fallen out of love with ITFC

Banbury Blue Back in Town

My only match of the season on 20:30 - Mar 7 with 2001 viewsFixed_It

My only match of the season on 19:19 - Mar 7 by BanburyBlue

I feel very much the same. When we score at the moment I don't have the same feeling I used to, I would have to be pulled of the ceiling, but now its just ok, well done! Don't know if I will ever get the same feeling, maybe I have just fallen out of love with ITFC

It could just be an age thing Grandad!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Great post, but... on 21:32 - Mar 7 with 1934 viewsunstableblue

.... didn't you answer your own question about how you feel about Mick? "I came away, obviously pleased we had won but not too bothered that I wouldn't be seeing the town again this season". That's how 75% of Town fans feel. There were a few here last night trying to make some positive noises about the performance beyond the win, but then 3 or 4 just stating as your son did, that the football is poor, terrible.

I'm going to Sheff U and Hull as a fan, and I'll enjoy the match experience, and will hope to eating my words following a more attacking and passing display. And we have done that on 3/4 occasions this season. But I'm not convinced.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024