Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know I said this last season... 15:55 - Apr 1 with 464 viewsTieDyedIn95

I still feel odd saying it, but one of the blessings of not being promoted either this season or last is the fact if it does happen we'll likely actually be able to attend something and actually celebrate.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

I know I said this last season... on 15:59 - Apr 1 with 430 viewsPJH

Yes, I long for a good run in the Pizza Cup, it would make three seasons of failure so worthwhile.
I know I said this last season... on 16:05 - Apr 1 with 411 viewsTieDyedIn95

I know I said this last season... on 15:59 - Apr 1 by PJH

Yes, I long for a good run in the Pizza Cup, it would make three seasons of failure so worthwhile.

People mock that trophy but some good clubs have won that and used it to launch themselves into stronger positions from doing so.

Sunderland, Pompey, Lincoln, Coventry, Barnsley, Bristol, Peterborough, Southampton, Luton, Swansea from recent years (some have ended up in the Championship not long after) and clubs like Bolton, Wolves, Brum and Wigan have also won it.

I really don't understand why we think we're too big for it. We haven't got a cats chance in hell at either big cup, and we shouldn't ever sniff at Wembley whichever way it happens because given our track record over the past 2 decades we may not get there again. Also you forget that a large % of the fans never saw Wembley 2000 now, let alone the FA Cup win.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 16:06]

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

I know I said this last season... on 16:14 - Apr 1 with 391 viewsPJH

I know I said this last season... on 16:05 - Apr 1 by TieDyedIn95

People mock that trophy but some good clubs have won that and used it to launch themselves into stronger positions from doing so.

Sunderland, Pompey, Lincoln, Coventry, Barnsley, Bristol, Peterborough, Southampton, Luton, Swansea from recent years (some have ended up in the Championship not long after) and clubs like Bolton, Wolves, Brum and Wigan have also won it.

I really don't understand why we think we're too big for it. We haven't got a cats chance in hell at either big cup, and we shouldn't ever sniff at Wembley whichever way it happens because given our track record over the past 2 decades we may not get there again. Also you forget that a large % of the fans never saw Wembley 2000 now, let alone the FA Cup win.

It is mocked by me because you have to fail to be able to enter it to start with.

We entered it last season because we had the failure of getting relegated the season before.

We entered it this season because we failed to get promoted last season.

Now being able to enter it next season would mean that we have failed again this season.

You might be right that some people want another season in the third division so that they can see us get promoted next season, or the season after, or the season after...

I did not want last season in the third division but I expected it to be the only one we had and now some people are pleased that we look like having a third (at least) season down here.
I know I said this last season... on 16:25 - Apr 1 with 366 viewsSwansea_Blue

I know I said this last season... on 16:05 - Apr 1 by TieDyedIn95

As we're at that level, we should probably embrace it as we've little chance of winning anything else. I agree that doing well in it would be a good sign that we're finally getting a decent team together to mount a promotion push.

On the down side, how bloody depressing that we've sunk so low that this is probably our best option for a bit of success.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024