Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Section 6 09:39 - Oct 10 with 2646 viewsDBaldy

Took my lad yesterday (who loves football but isn't a Town fan - yet) to his second ever game and we were sitting in the Cobbold stand down towards SBR and therefore near section 6.

The other game I took him to was Bolton earlier this season (sat in the family area in the opposite stand) and the difference in atmosphere between the two games was night and day.

The almost constant signing and drumming were great and the atmosphere, at least in that corner of the ground, was brilliant.

I've seen section 6 get some stick on here, but while I can't comment on that, I can say that yesterday was great.

Well done lads, keep it up.
Well done Section 6 on 10:41 - Oct 10 with 2524 viewsbrogansnose

What was notable yesterday was other parts of the ground joining in even if it was clapping.
Well done Section 6 on 11:20 - Oct 10 with 2481 viewslongtimefan

I know the club takes diversity seriously but signing the chants, that’s impressive
Well done Section 6 on 13:40 - Oct 10 with 2333 viewsDubtractor

I was in the middle of Cobbold yesterday, and it was noticeable how loud the noise was from the SBR for most of the game.

I could even just about hear it over the ear splittingly loud tannoy in the Cobbold - couldn't believe how loud it was, wish I had ear plugs with me!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well done Section 6 on 13:55 - Oct 10 with 2308 viewstextbackup

Well done Section 6 on 10:41 - Oct 10 by brogansnose

What was notable yesterday was other parts of the ground joining in even if it was clapping.

Took my two yesterday as mates weren’t going, sat in pioneer lower, and as you say, even if many didn’t know the words they were all clapping and joining in in some capacity.

‘ITFC, we’re the blue army/the one for me‘

That one in particular got pretty loud

Also, as a NSL goer I’ve often thought the noise level was sht at PR, but really isn’t that bad when sat elsewhere in ground, the noise travels
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 14:07]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Well done Section 6 on 18:08 - Oct 10 with 2082 viewsBlue_Generator

Yeah that little section in the corner hardly stops and sounds pretty good. Shame the rest of the north only joins in sporadically. Be good if we at least had a whole block of consistent singing. I wonder if there’d be enough dedicated singers to fill one if the club nominated an area for people to move into at some point? Not this season obviously but maybe in future. There must be enough people spread out over the whole stand in addition to the BA lot, it’s just whether they’d take the plunge if the club did something.
Well done Section 6 on 18:35 - Oct 10 with 2051 viewspennblue

Well done Section 6 on 18:08 - Oct 10 by Blue_Generator

Yeah that little section in the corner hardly stops and sounds pretty good. Shame the rest of the north only joins in sporadically. Be good if we at least had a whole block of consistent singing. I wonder if there’d be enough dedicated singers to fill one if the club nominated an area for people to move into at some point? Not this season obviously but maybe in future. There must be enough people spread out over the whole stand in addition to the BA lot, it’s just whether they’d take the plunge if the club did something.

It's definitely something that needs to be sorted, BA (and anyone else who want to sing) could do with being in a more prominent position. But any solution which involves moving people, is a very sensitive subject.

So if there is any redevelopment of the ground, then that would be the time to address it. Acoustically, they ruined the North Stand when they put that second tier on it.

[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 18:37]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Well done Section 6 on 18:42 - Oct 10 with 2027 viewsBlue_Generator

Well done Section 6 on 18:35 - Oct 10 by pennblue

It's definitely something that needs to be sorted, BA (and anyone else who want to sing) could do with being in a more prominent position. But any solution which involves moving people, is a very sensitive subject.

So if there is any redevelopment of the ground, then that would be the time to address it. Acoustically, they ruined the North Stand when they put that second tier on it.

[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 18:37]

Think it’d have to be an area that’s sparsely populated to avoid having to move anyone and the club would have to refer to it as a singing section so enough fans knew it was happening. They talked about trialling a safe standing section so that could be the time to do it because they’ll have to change part of the ground to accommodate that anyway.
Well done Section 6 on 19:21 - Oct 10 with 1961 viewspennblue

Well done Section 6 on 18:42 - Oct 10 by Blue_Generator

Think it’d have to be an area that’s sparsely populated to avoid having to move anyone and the club would have to refer to it as a singing section so enough fans knew it was happening. They talked about trialling a safe standing section so that could be the time to do it because they’ll have to change part of the ground to accommodate that anyway.

Trouble is, (and I don't claim to be a sound technician) how do you get a roof that really moves the noise around well. Watford away used to be one of the loudest away games with that old cow shed.

I think it needs proper design when they decide to do something, as if they can get it right, they can make a huge difference to the atmosphere at Portman Road.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 19:23]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Section 6 on 21:19 - Oct 10 with 1800 viewsBlue_Generator

Well done Section 6 on 19:21 - Oct 10 by pennblue

Trouble is, (and I don't claim to be a sound technician) how do you get a roof that really moves the noise around well. Watford away used to be one of the loudest away games with that old cow shed.

I think it needs proper design when they decide to do something, as if they can get it right, they can make a huge difference to the atmosphere at Portman Road.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 19:23]

We can dream mate! Can’t see that happening unless we move to a new stadium and that obviously won’t be any time soon. Somewhere at the back under a roof would be decent in the meantime. Tbf like someone else said earlier, the noise still travels even when in open air, you just can’t tell when you’re in it or near it. Getting even more people singing together in one place would make a huge difference. BA have already made good progress this season. Just need enough fans who aren’t in that group with an appetite for it and the club being prepared to facilitate it by nominating a suitable space/allowing standing/making it affordable (none of which are a given unfortunately!)
Well done Section 6 on 21:25 - Oct 10 with 1795 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am a great fan of BA and so that is great stuff.

However, there is also a notable difference between an abject display against a team we should be beating that ends in a heavy defeat and a game where we never went behind that saw us through to victory.

Well done, BA, though! The atmosphere and supporting the team are an important part of the match day experience.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Well done Section 6 on 21:51 - Oct 10 with 1735 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Well done Section 6 on 22:36 - Oct 10 with 1654 viewsAlanG296

Well done Section 6 on 21:19 - Oct 10 by Blue_Generator

We can dream mate! Can’t see that happening unless we move to a new stadium and that obviously won’t be any time soon. Somewhere at the back under a roof would be decent in the meantime. Tbf like someone else said earlier, the noise still travels even when in open air, you just can’t tell when you’re in it or near it. Getting even more people singing together in one place would make a huge difference. BA have already made good progress this season. Just need enough fans who aren’t in that group with an appetite for it and the club being prepared to facilitate it by nominating a suitable space/allowing standing/making it affordable (none of which are a given unfortunately!)

When discussing people standing in seated stands at away games, as at Lincoln, I was told that people stand because they want to sing, the alternative being sitting in silence. I didn't realise so many fans can't sit and sing at the same time. So there is an obvious solution with safe standing, particularly to prevent non-singers occupying standing areas. Make the rail seating, as I believe it's called, look like choir stalls, then the choir as in a church, can lead the rest of the congregation.
Well done Section 6 on 02:28 - Oct 11 with 1526 viewsBlue_Order

There’s a good buzz about the group/section at the moment, and it feels like it’s catching on around the ground a bit more.

Our move to the front of the bigger S6 was planned for quite a while - that’s where we feel we’re best positioned to be able to build and grow a section of consistent atmosphere, and it’s worked well so far (much better than I expected at this point tbh)

I’m confident it’ll keep improving too - we’re moving new singers in all the time. Give us a few years and we’ll have a singer in every seat in the section.
Well done Section 6 on 05:53 - Oct 11 with 1472 viewsbrogansnose

Well done Section 6 on 13:55 - Oct 10 by textbackup

Took my two yesterday as mates weren’t going, sat in pioneer lower, and as you say, even if many didn’t know the words they were all clapping and joining in in some capacity.

‘ITFC, we’re the blue army/the one for me‘

That one in particular got pretty loud

Also, as a NSL goer I’ve often thought the noise level was sht at PR, but really isn’t that bad when sat elsewhere in ground, the noise travels
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 14:07]

I've migrated to the West after being in section 6 and NSL generally since forever - although I was a singer / noise maker I thought I'd make way for a younger generation and that I'd done my time - anyway, it is surprising that the noise does travel further than I had previously realised and has got more sustained as the season has progressed.

Respect to the BA lads.
Well done Section 6 on 08:03 - Oct 11 with 1354 viewsArnieM

Well done Section 6 on 18:08 - Oct 10 by Blue_Generator

Blue Generator:

Not sure where this myth that fans from other clubs are always constantly singing, and that Town fans (at PR) are below average in the noise they generate. I’ve been to many many away grounds and I can tell you PR is well up there with the best. Some so called “ big” clubs actually make very little noise , and certainly are not constant.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Well done Section 6 on 08:36 - Oct 11 with 1288 viewsHerbivore

Oddly if you're in S4 in the North it's harder to hear S6 than if you're elsewhere in the ground it seems. The acoustics in the lower North make it hard get the whole stand singing in unison, which is a shame.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well done Section 6 on 09:14 - Oct 11 with 1236 viewsdirtyboy

my boy and I are in the upper North and my only issue is that it's quite difficult to hear what's being started until it's in full flow, most around us don't sing, but they do cheer/clap and it's certainly been improving.

Mostly a confidence thing.

Some need a karaoke machine as they don't know the words, couple of young lads behind us were asking each other what the words were and would probably feel silly asking others, then we scored so I forgot to turn around and tell them.

Behaps BA could tweet the popular one and ask for retweets, along with video clips like above?

Just a thought, but it's getting better.

PS Over 19k again.....imagine what it could be like if we do start stringing wins together on a regular basis.
Well done Section 6 on 10:03 - Oct 11 with 1156 viewstrncbluearmy

Well done Section 6 on 08:03 - Oct 11 by ArnieM

Blue Generator:

Not sure where this myth that fans from other clubs are always constantly singing, and that Town fans (at PR) are below average in the noise they generate. I’ve been to many many away grounds and I can tell you PR is well up there with the best. Some so called “ big” clubs actually make very little noise , and certainly are not constant.

like you done loads of away grounds from the mid seventies onwards and FPR is one of the best, only two I have ever been to and thought that this is some atmosphere are two grounds that do not exist any more, Maine Road and Upton Park

but we do need to cut out these spells where the worry of it all seems to get to everybody players and crowd and you can feel the tension
Well done Section 6 on 10:12 - Oct 11 with 1116 viewsArnieM

Well done Section 6 on 08:36 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Oddly if you're in S4 in the North it's harder to hear S6 than if you're elsewhere in the ground it seems. The acoustics in the lower North make it hard get the whole stand singing in unison, which is a shame.

I’m in section 5 , right behind the goal , and therefore almost central SBRL… I’m often in the middle of two completely different songs going on at same time . One end of the stand can’t hear the the other end . Section 6 to be totally effective , needs to be behind the goal .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Well done Section 6 on 12:05 - Oct 11 with 1008 viewsSlambo

Well done Section 6 on 10:12 - Oct 11 by ArnieM

I’m in section 5 , right behind the goal , and therefore almost central SBRL… I’m often in the middle of two completely different songs going on at same time . One end of the stand can’t hear the the other end . Section 6 to be totally effective , needs to be behind the goal .

Yeah, section 5 was a lot more vocal on Saturday, which is only a good thing, even if it meant clashing with us occasionally. I always try to look over at other sections if there's something starting there and carry that on, rather than just steam ahead with something we want to do. Quite the balancing act sometimes...

Yes, ideally we'd be slap bang in the middle, but that will require the club having to do a lot of work to facilitate that, something they've been reluctant to do up to this point. Hopefully the introduction of standing areas will sort that out at a stroke, but only if it isn't this 'one ticket per standing spot' design that's currently being trialed. If that's the only design ultimately permitted, then we're stuck with the same problem...

But it's great in there at the moment. We've got a great core of supporters actually in the group who really get what we're about and get stuck in every game; we've also got loads of folk who've moved into the section who also get it and are actively contributing to the atmosphere. My message to anyone would be if you want to get involved in the atmosphere, you're best off getting in touch with us and seeing if we can arrange a move into the section. There're still a few seats on the periphery, but we can also work a couple closer in...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Well done Section 6 on 13:09 - Oct 11 with 902 viewsBlue_Generator

Well done Section 6 on 08:03 - Oct 11 by ArnieM

Blue Generator:

Didn’t say that fans from other clubs are always constantly singing or that Town fans are below average? I also go away and know there’s a lot worse but that’s irrelevant to what our fans can do.
Well done Section 6 on 13:24 - Oct 11 with 869 viewsReuser_is_God

Well done Section 6 on 10:12 - Oct 11 by ArnieM

Yes I was in that same area for the last 7/8 years but moved to BA this season.

Totally agree about being stuck in the middle of 2 songs, you either end up not singing or singing something completely different to whoever you’re stood next too which does absolutely nothing for the atmosphere.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 13:24]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024