Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? 15:13 - Aug 28 with 1443 viewsBlueastheycome

I deleted my Facebook account recently only to find in doing so it deleted my Spotify account too as they are apparently entwined.

How do I separate them? I want to create a stand alone Spotify account with all my playlists etc in tact. Is that possible?

I've tried Googling it but I'm abit of a noob and I can't seem to find a straight answer on this.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Edit: It's a premium subscription.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:27]
Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:15 - Aug 28 with 1433 viewsSpruceMoose

What is your password? I'll do it for you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:16 - Aug 28 with 1428 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm a little confused.

You just go to Spotify.com and open an account, right? It won't be linked to Facebook unless you link it yourself in the settings.

Or do you mean how can you restore your old account, and then unlink it from your Facebook profile?
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:20]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:25 - Aug 28 with 1394 viewsBlueastheycome

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:16 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

I'm a little confused.

You just go to Spotify.com and open an account, right? It won't be linked to Facebook unless you link it yourself in the settings.

Or do you mean how can you restore your old account, and then unlink it from your Facebook profile?
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:20]

The second bit. Also I am a premium paying account too so how do I transfer my paying subscription over?
Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:28 - Aug 28 with 1374 viewsSpruceMoose

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:25 - Aug 28 by Blueastheycome

The second bit. Also I am a premium paying account too so how do I transfer my paying subscription over?

Can you still log into your account page if you go to the log in page?

If your old profile is kaput, I don't think you can transfer your playlists to a new profile, as there's nowhere to transfer from.

If you can still access your account, then you could try this:

Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left.
Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:30 - Aug 28 with 1368 viewsSpruceMoose

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:28 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

Can you still log into your account page if you go to the log in page?

If your old profile is kaput, I don't think you can transfer your playlists to a new profile, as there's nowhere to transfer from.

If you can still access your account, then you could try this:

Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left.
Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

If you can access your old profile, and you recover your old playlists, you can unlink from Facebook by:

Open the Spotify desktop app.
Click in the top-right corner of the app.
Click Settings.
Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.

Note: It can take up to 24 hours for the changes to be visible.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:30]

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:36 - Aug 28 with 1349 viewsBlueastheycome

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:30 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

If you can access your old profile, and you recover your old playlists, you can unlink from Facebook by:

Open the Spotify desktop app.
Click in the top-right corner of the app.
Click Settings.
Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.

Note: It can take up to 24 hours for the changes to be visible.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:30]

Ok I just copied and pasted the info you have posted into google and sadly it says this can not be done if you made your Spotify account with a Facebook login.

Essentially I want to find a way to separate it completely from my Facebook account.

If that's not possible, I want to create a new one, transfer the paying subscription over and get my old playlists etc from my old account so I can in turn shut my Facebook account down.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:37]
Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:38 - Aug 28 with 1340 viewsSpruceMoose

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:36 - Aug 28 by Blueastheycome

Ok I just copied and pasted the info you have posted into google and sadly it says this can not be done if you made your Spotify account with a Facebook login.

Essentially I want to find a way to separate it completely from my Facebook account.

If that's not possible, I want to create a new one, transfer the paying subscription over and get my old playlists etc from my old account so I can in turn shut my Facebook account down.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:37]

Oh I didn't realise you could create a Spotify profile via Facebook, sorry. I think I'm out of my depth here. The Spotify customer service team were pretty good when I needed to transfer my UK Spotify account to a US one. I'd give them a go.

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:42 - Aug 28 with 1328 viewsBlueastheycome

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:38 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

Oh I didn't realise you could create a Spotify profile via Facebook, sorry. I think I'm out of my depth here. The Spotify customer service team were pretty good when I needed to transfer my UK Spotify account to a US one. I'd give them a go.

Thanks for having a go for me tho. Very much appreciated.
Login to get fewer ads

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 16:58 - Aug 28 with 1288 viewsJohnny_Boy

When you joined Spotify, it asked you to either create a new profile or simply use your FB account to join up for ease.

Try going into your Spotify account & changing your login details (or perhaps unlinking with the FB one).
Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 18:02 - Aug 28 with 1270 viewsjeera

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 15:42 - Aug 28 by Blueastheycome

Thanks for having a go for me tho. Very much appreciated.

You're lucky he didn't try to charge you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 18:10 - Aug 28 with 1258 viewsJohnny_Boy

Help! Unlinking my Spotify account from Facebook? on 18:02 - Aug 28 by jeera

You're lucky he didn't try to charge you.

Ahem. Well I've heard his prices are very competitive. But somebody does need to remind me again of his rates.

*whistles*
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024