Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talk Norwich City 12:55 - Aug 29 with 6279 viewsandyjr

Think they've actually made a good point here

Poll: What is your all time favourite ITFC shirt sponsor?

Talk Norwich City on 12:56 - Aug 29 with 4091 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, it's a pretty poor showing - especially with the game not being on the TV

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It's almost as if.... on 12:59 - Aug 29 with 4054 viewsBloots

....all the bleating last year about why people weren't going to matches wasn't entirely true.

Who'd have thought it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Talk Norwich City on 13:00 - Aug 29 with 4045 viewsclive_baker

They're literally obsessed with attendances. They've got 100,000 more people in Norwich compared to Ipswich, yet they tug furiously that their attendances are higher. Not to mention the average cost is lower there, which clearly puts some people off. Also, I'm not sure what the relevance of 'selling out' is without any context around capacity. We'll broadly sell as many tickets to this as they will to the reverse fixture I would think. In real terms. c. 26k.

First win of the season coming up on Sunday, can't wait. COYB.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Talk Norwich City on 13:06 - Aug 29 with 3953 viewsBent_double

Well there would be at least one more person there (me!) if it was a sensible KO time, ie 3pm. Maybe they ought to consider that.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Talk Norwich City on 13:06 - Aug 29 with 3953 viewsDarth_Koont

Much more about the overall effect of having been in the Championship for 16 years.

A new manager will slow down the historic slide. But not enough on its own (we need success on the pitch) to actually bring thousands back.

Pronouns: He/Him

Talk Norwich City on 13:10 - Aug 29 with 3881 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Talk Norwich City on 13:06 - Aug 29 by Bent_double

Well there would be at least one more person there (me!) if it was a sensible KO time, ie 3pm. Maybe they ought to consider that.

I’m no fan of early ko times but come on it’s the derby. Get a ticket.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Talk Norwich City on 13:11 - Aug 29 with 3860 viewsBasuco

Norwich have no competition from any other clubs and it is well known that most norfolk folk have never left norfolk, so stay at carrot rud, whereas Ipswich is close to London and has much more competition for attracting fans. It is the only thing Norwich can use to be better than us so it will always be an obsession with them.
Talk Norwich City on 13:12 - Aug 29 with 3841 viewsHerbivore

Playing us is basically their cup final so I can see why they struggle to understand us not selling out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Talk Norwich City on 13:19 - Aug 29 with 3738 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not sure I buy into this idea that Portman Road should sell out for a match against equally poor local rivals, who in many ways are no longer rivals. A huge raft of Town fans don't go any more because they don't identify with what the club has become and now represents. In many ways Town are building a new fan base - and changing to a more wholesome manager may accelerate that a bit. Norwich on the other hand are still more or less as they were so the fan base has remained fairly stable.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Talk Norwich City on 13:20 - Aug 29 with 3728 viewsBent_double

Talk Norwich City on 13:10 - Aug 29 by WestStanderLaLaLa

I’m no fan of early ko times but come on it’s the derby. Get a ticket.

Can't do it, working most of the day. If it were later in the day I could probably have sorted something out.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Talk Norwich City on 13:30 - Aug 29 with 3625 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Talk Norwich City on 13:19 - Aug 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Not sure I buy into this idea that Portman Road should sell out for a match against equally poor local rivals, who in many ways are no longer rivals. A huge raft of Town fans don't go any more because they don't identify with what the club has become and now represents. In many ways Town are building a new fan base - and changing to a more wholesome manager may accelerate that a bit. Norwich on the other hand are still more or less as they were so the fan base has remained fairly stable.

I agree with the notion that we shouldn't expect a sell-out.

We've been stagnant for almost two decades, haven't beaten Norwich in almost half that time, are yet to win this season, the game has an awkward kick-off time and ticket prices these days are difficult to justify.

Anywhere near 25K is fabulous support. I'd be interested to see Norwich's attendance in similar circumstances.

But what is it exactly that the club now represents that fans are struggling to identify with?
Talk Norwich City on 13:32 - Aug 29 with 3598 viewsITFC_Forever

Talk Norwich City on 13:06 - Aug 29 by Bent_double

What difference does it make?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Talk Norwich City on 13:33 - Aug 29 with 3584 viewsWestSussexBlue

Somewhat arrogant to presume they’ll be our biggest game of the season?
Probably speaks just as much about our fans not seeing them as a big attraction either.
Would we see better a better attendance for say The Leeds Match if we’ve had a reasonable season and they’re top 4? Probably yes.
Talk Norwich City on 13:36 - Aug 29 with 3563 viewsandyjr

So many boring excuses

Poll: What is your all time favourite ITFC shirt sponsor?

Talk Norwich City on 13:41 - Aug 29 with 3521 viewsFrimleyBlue

Talk Norwich City on 13:19 - Aug 29 by ElephantintheRoom

I think the game not being shown on Sky shows how bad these 'derbies' have become. They're not full of passion, commitment and determination to get one over the other side as they used to be. Derby day used to be exciting, nowadays it's just another league game personally.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Talk Norwich City on 13:42 - Aug 29 with 3503 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Talk Norwich City on 13:32 - Aug 29 by ITFC_Forever

What difference does it make?

It makes a huge difference for people relying on public transport!

If I didn't drive, I wouldn't be able to make it.
Talk Norwich City on 13:44 - Aug 29 with 3471 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Talk Norwich City on 13:41 - Aug 29 by FrimleyBlue

I think the game not being shown on Sky shows how bad these 'derbies' have become. They're not full of passion, commitment and determination to get one over the other side as they used to be. Derby day used to be exciting, nowadays it's just another league game personally.

I can't imagine ever feeling that way about playing Norwich. I really hope I don't.
Talk Norwich City on 13:47 - Aug 29 with 3437 viewsFrimleyBlue

Talk Norwich City on 13:44 - Aug 29 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I can't imagine ever feeling that way about playing Norwich. I really hope I don't.

Give it another 18 years, lol

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It's almost as if.... on 13:48 - Aug 29 with 3428 viewsHarryWright

It's almost as if.... on 12:59 - Aug 29 by Bloots

....all the bleating last year about why people weren't going to matches wasn't entirely true.

Who'd have thought it.

Ask yourself who turned these fans away from the football club? Mick Mccarthy so yes it was bloody true... we would sell out Norwich every time until that dino decided to suck the life and soul from the centre of this football club.
It's almost as if.... on 13:50 - Aug 29 with 3393 viewsTraktahBoi

It's almost as if.... on 13:48 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

Ask yourself who turned these fans away from the football club? Mick Mccarthy so yes it was bloody true... we would sell out Norwich every time until that dino decided to suck the life and soul from the centre of this football club.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen PR sold out for a Norwich game post stadium expansion. Playoffs perhaps?
Talk Norwich City on 13:55 - Aug 29 with 3346 viewsPinewoodblue

Talk Norwich City on 13:42 - Aug 29 by King_ding_a_lin_g

It makes a huge difference for people relying on public transport!

If I didn't drive, I wouldn't be able to make it.

You would need to leave Liverpool street at 9.02, get off at Ingatstone and spend over an hour on a bus to get to Ipswich early enough. Then face similar problems for the return journey.

Last year the attendance was less than 25,000 didn't someone say the club expected 27,000 this year?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

It's almost as if.... on 13:56 - Aug 29 with 3338 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

It's almost as if.... on 13:50 - Aug 29 by TraktahBoi

Don’t think I’ve ever seen PR sold out for a Norwich game post stadium expansion. Playoffs perhaps?

Apparently the attendance in 2008 was 29,656 and in 2011 was 29,258 which as good as sold out.
Talk Norwich City on 13:57 - Aug 29 with 3327 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Talk Norwich City on 13:55 - Aug 29 by Pinewoodblue

You would need to leave Liverpool street at 9.02, get off at Ingatstone and spend over an hour on a bus to get to Ipswich early enough. Then face similar problems for the return journey.

Last year the attendance was less than 25,000 didn't someone say the club expected 27,000 this year?

Thanks for the train times from London but they are useless to me!
It's almost as if.... on 13:57 - Aug 29 with 3329 viewsHerbivore

It's almost as if.... on 13:48 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

That's really not true though. Average attendances in Mick's final season were less than 1k down on his first full season in charge. In 5 years he lost a very small percentage of the fan base, in that respect he faired better than all four of his predecessors. We don't sell out the Norwich game because we've been stuck in this league for 16 years and attendances decline the longer you stagnate. Our stadium is also, arguably, too big for us. Under Burley in the Championship we very rarely sold out the ground and that was when it held 22k. I remember us playing in front of about 12k against Sheffield United in the Premier League too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's almost as if.... on 14:00 - Aug 29 with 3281 viewsHarryWright

It's almost as if.... on 13:57 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

That's really not true though. Average attendances in Mick's final season were less than 1k down on his first full season in charge. In 5 years he lost a very small percentage of the fan base, in that respect he faired better than all four of his predecessors. We don't sell out the Norwich game because we've been stuck in this league for 16 years and attendances decline the longer you stagnate. Our stadium is also, arguably, too big for us. Under Burley in the Championship we very rarely sold out the ground and that was when it held 22k. I remember us playing in front of about 12k against Sheffield United in the Premier League too.

I don't doubt being in this league for that long is also a contributing factor, but the football and feel around when Mick was here made me not look forward to going to portman road. That was down to him and his methods and football. I've never had the empty feeling going to portman road that I had the last few years of McCarthy's reign and I think that feeling turned many away. Now I have it all back again and i'm loving going.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024