Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... 17:12 - Dec 11 with 1992 viewsHarry_Palmer

…….or you feel its just not worth voting. I have just one piece of advise.

Think of the most vulnerable people in your community, and vote in their best interest.

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 17:18 - Dec 11 with 1949 viewsBlueAsTory

Will do m8.
If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 18:21 - Dec 11 with 1867 viewsBlueBadger

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 17:18 - Dec 11 by BlueAsTory

Will do m8.

Just so's you're clear, 'most vulneranle' is not 'people earning over 80 grand a year'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 18:31 - Dec 11 with 1834 viewsgerryitfc

My vote is worthless in South Suffolk so what's the point.
If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 18:33 - Dec 11 with 1831 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I'm completely clueless when it comes to politics and struggle to decipher all the sh1te they all throw around at each other. No idea who to vote for (other than it definitely not being the Tories whom I think are all vile). Never been convinced by Labour either.

Not sure I buy the 'vote on behalf of the vulnerable' argument. Without wanting to sound harsh they get their own vote.

Might not bother this time. If I do, I'll probably vote Lib Dem as they actively want to stop Brexit. But apparently only BJ or JC can possibly win anyway.

What a load of sh1te.

Edit - the 'tactical vote' website linked in the thread below says I should vote Labour. But what are they basing this on? In whose interest would this be a 'tactical' vote exactly?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 18:37]

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 18:52 - Dec 11 with 1779 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 18:33 - Dec 11 by ThisIsMyUsername

I'm completely clueless when it comes to politics and struggle to decipher all the sh1te they all throw around at each other. No idea who to vote for (other than it definitely not being the Tories whom I think are all vile). Never been convinced by Labour either.

Not sure I buy the 'vote on behalf of the vulnerable' argument. Without wanting to sound harsh they get their own vote.

Might not bother this time. If I do, I'll probably vote Lib Dem as they actively want to stop Brexit. But apparently only BJ or JC can possibly win anyway.

What a load of sh1te.

Edit - the 'tactical vote' website linked in the thread below says I should vote Labour. But what are they basing this on? In whose interest would this be a 'tactical' vote exactly?

It all depends on what the result last time was, and what the polls are forecasting this time. If it’s a straight run between Tory & Labour with everyone else much further behind, then the non-Tory option will be Labour. If it’s a 3 way race, then just go with who you prefer the sound of.

Just google your constituency result for last time, that’ll give you an idea of who’s best placed to beat Tories. You can cross check that with forecast polls if you like, but that’s all the tactical voting sites are doing anyway.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 18:54 - Dec 11 with 1774 viewsgordon

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 18:33 - Dec 11 by ThisIsMyUsername

What a load of sh1te.

The idea is that Brexit will only go to a second referendum if there are enough MPs elected who support this - they will have calculated that in your constituency Labour have the best chance of beating the Conservative candidate, so recommend you vote for them.

The Labour and Lib Dem policies etc. aren't as important because they would only be able to govern as a coalition, so they would have to both agree on policies between them and the SNP anyway.
If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 19:01 - Dec 11 with 1748 viewslowhouseblue

perhaps if everyone on the board agreed to vote by ten past seven tomorrow morning we could have the rest of the day free from people telling us all how to vote? bliss.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 19:04 - Dec 11 with 1739 viewsThisIsMyUsername

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 18:54 - Dec 11 by gordon

The idea is that Brexit will only go to a second referendum if there are enough MPs elected who support this - they will have calculated that in your constituency Labour have the best chance of beating the Conservative candidate, so recommend you vote for them.

The Labour and Lib Dem policies etc. aren't as important because they would only be able to govern as a coalition, so they would have to both agree on policies between them and the SNP anyway.

Thanks Gordon and SB.

2017 in my area was Cons 46%, Lab 35% and LDs 17%. So I suppose I'll have to go for the red team, but I'll look forward (not) to the blues probably winning again.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Login to get fewer ads

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 19:43 - Dec 11 with 1673 viewseireblue

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 19:01 - Dec 11 by lowhouseblue

perhaps if everyone on the board agreed to vote by ten past seven tomorrow morning we could have the rest of the day free from people telling us all how to vote? bliss.

Surely campaigning stops tomorrow?

Hopefully that agreement extends to TWTD.
If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 19:45 - Dec 11 with 1666 viewslowhouseblue

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 19:43 - Dec 11 by eireblue

well i'll vote for any one who'll pass that into law.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 19:57 - Dec 11 with 1631 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I'll vote the way I want to vote Harry boy, which will be for the Brexit Party.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 20:05 - Dec 11 with 1604 viewsRyorry

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 18:52 - Dec 11 by Swansea_Blue

It all depends on what the result last time was, and what the polls are forecasting this time. If it’s a straight run between Tory & Labour with everyone else much further behind, then the non-Tory option will be Labour. If it’s a 3 way race, then just go with who you prefer the sound of.

Just google your constituency result for last time, that’ll give you an idea of who’s best placed to beat Tories. You can cross check that with forecast polls if you like, but that’s all the tactical voting sites are doing anyway.

Except in some constituencies, LDs didn't stand last time. So I posted asking for best tactical voting advice site - thought this one the best, closed tab for the other but is on my thread if people want.

https://tactical.vote/compare

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 20:10 - Dec 11 with 1591 viewscbower

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 18:31 - Dec 11 by gerryitfc

Then vote tactically, preferably to damage the Tories I say.

bluescouser

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 20:44 - Dec 11 with 1562 viewsClapham_Junction

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 18:31 - Dec 11 by gerryitfc

I wouldn't be so sure.

In the Babergh District Council elections earlier in the year (mostly the same area as the South Suffolk constituency) the Tories only got 35% of the vote. Greens and Lib Dems combined were 34%, with Labour getting 10%.

The problem is identifying which of the three opposition parties is most likely to be able to overtake the Tories. Labour were clear in second place at the last general election (15,000 votes) with the Lib Dems on 3,000 and the Greens on 1,700.

I suspect the Lib Dems may be best placed given the traditional rural antipathy towards Labour (regardless of Corbyn), although the Greens have picked a fairly well known councillor...
If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 20:48 - Dec 11 with 1553 viewsTrequartista

Your vote is worthless in any constituency, no-one ever wins by 1 vote.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 21:00 - Dec 11 with 1532 viewsClapham_Junction

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 20:48 - Dec 11 by Trequartista

Your vote is worthless in any constituency, no-one ever wins by 1 vote.

North East Fife was won by the SNP by two votes in the last election.

There has been a case of a seat being won by a single vote (Exeter in 1910)
If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 21:06 - Dec 11 with 1516 viewsWeWereZombies

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 19:43 - Dec 11 by eireblue

So I have got to be up, logged onto TWTD and have my 'Boris Johnson is running scared of Andrew Neil' post done by seven o'clock tomorrow morning then?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 21:37 - Dec 11 with 1478 viewsTrequartista

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 21:00 - Dec 11 by Clapham_Junction

North East Fife was won by the SNP by two votes in the last election.

There has been a case of a seat being won by a single vote (Exeter in 1910)

Which will come first, the next single vote win, or the next sighting of Halley's Comet?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 21:46 - Dec 11 with 1468 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Because there are always more people do not vote in a constituency than the difference between first and second place.

Because the more a party begins to gain momentum the more things might change.

Because there may be people that complacently don't vote on a large scale.

Because the ruling party will count every vote for them as a vote for them to get their way on everything. Every single vote against them should scream back "NO!"

Because we have the right to vote and we should respect it and use it.

Please vote however desperate it might feel. Please vote as the OP suggested for the best interest of the most vulnerable and for the best of the country as a whole … for the many not the few.

It really depresses me how many people should be unquestioningly voting down the current government but still say "I am not sure who to vote for" or "I am still going to vote for them because of X, Y or Z" when A, B and C should be screaming far louder.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 21:50 - Dec 11 with 1455 viewsMullet

Maybe there is no point, but there's the benefit of a clean conscience. Regardless of how people vote I've always been convinced it's important they do.

I know a few people who would have voted remain and didn't bother, some family members and they've expressed regret. But what can you say to them?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 22:06 - Dec 11 with 1423 viewsEly_Blue

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 19:01 - Dec 11 by lowhouseblue

You can try and tell me how to vote but it won’t make any difference..______ I’ve already voted

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 22:57 - Dec 11 with 1337 viewsjimmyvet

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 20:10 - Dec 11 by cbower

Then vote tactically, preferably to damage the Tories I say.

Great thought and vote for a vile AS racist with zero economic plan other than to spend spend spend . Thanks for your help my choice is now clear.
If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 23:01 - Dec 11 with 1333 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If you are still genuinely undecided on who to vote for tomorrow..... on 22:57 - Dec 11 by jimmyvet

Great thought and vote for a vile AS racist with zero economic plan other than to spend spend spend . Thanks for your help my choice is now clear.

I think you may be having a break down......maybe get back to your animals.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024