Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cook's summer priorities 16:46 - Apr 21 with 7745 viewspositivity

ok, it looks like we're getting a whole new squad, but who should be the priorities, assuming he sticks with 4-2-3-1?

for me, in order:-
goalscoring striker
tackling midfielder
organising centre-back
gk
left back
winger

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

cook's summer priorities on 06:52 - Apr 23 with 461 viewsHerbivore

cook's summer priorities on 06:13 - Apr 23 by Keaneish

Each to their own. Wide players are a must too but our full backs are dire and the heart of our problem. Good overlapping full backs provide width, space and time for wide midfielders or wingers to work with. Edwards hadn’t become a bad player over night, he just runs blind avenues with little to no support.

Nolan, other than Downes is the only midfielder we have who breaks the lines and gets beyond the front man. Yes, he’s even poor under PL but PL isn’t here anymore. Again, Nolan had proven he can play at this level as he did at Shrewsbury. I see him as a player who’ll thrive under Cook. I’d rather Bishop played the 10 role next season with Nolan and Downes behind him.

I make it 6 or 7 players we need plus a lot of coaching:

LB x 2
RB x 1
CB x 1
FW x 1
AM x 2

There will need to be a level of utility in a couple of these players. TWTD is going to be very busy this summer...

I think we'll be signing at least 10 to be honest. Really think we're going to see massive changes. I don't rate Nolan at all to be honest, he's another I'd get rid of if we can. If KVY can stay fit he'll be huge for us next season but we will need someone able to do what he does on the other side too. But they also need that attacking trio to provide movement and options for them and that's an area where we've been dire all season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

cook's summer priorities on 07:30 - Apr 23 with 432 viewswkj

A few people saying Wolfenden on here - from his performances this year I would be tempted to question i heart is overruling head on this one. However, if he gets his fitness in check, I'd buy into him.

Conversely, the defence has easily been the best performing part of the team all year.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

cook's summer priorities on 07:59 - Apr 23 with 395 viewsHerbivore

cook's summer priorities on 07:30 - Apr 23 by wkj

A few people saying Wolfenden on here - from his performances this year I would be tempted to question i heart is overruling head on this one. However, if he gets his fitness in check, I'd buy into him.

Conversely, the defence has easily been the best performing part of the team all year.

Woolfenden has shown he's more than capable at this level. This season he had Lambert call him out publicly for no obvious reason and then he got injured. When he came back he was paired as the senior partner alongside the hapless McGuiness and both suffered as a result. Latterly he's been used as a right back, right sided CB in a three, and now back into the middle again. I think it's fair to say this season has been a lesson in how to utterly hamper the progress of one of our best prospects.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

cook's summer priorities on 08:05 - Apr 23 with 386 viewsDeano69

cook's summer priorities on 17:53 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

Think Woolfenden will be fine next to an experienced strong centre back.

New GK
Vincent-Young
Woolfenden
New CB
New LB
Downes
New CM
New RW
New AM
New LM
New CF

Then new players across the board in reserve except for possibly Nolan, who could start alongside Downes too. Dozzell and Bishop might be given one more chance, I guess.

That’s pretty much how I see it.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

cook's summer priorities on 08:42 - Apr 23 with 361 viewsKeaneish

cook's summer priorities on 07:59 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

Woolfenden has shown he's more than capable at this level. This season he had Lambert call him out publicly for no obvious reason and then he got injured. When he came back he was paired as the senior partner alongside the hapless McGuiness and both suffered as a result. Latterly he's been used as a right back, right sided CB in a three, and now back into the middle again. I think it's fair to say this season has been a lesson in how to utterly hamper the progress of one of our best prospects.

You might be right but if that does happen, we’ll unlikely start the season flying. Even with a strong pre-season, a whole new side will take time to gel. In truth, it can’t be as bad as what we have at the moment so we may as we’ll tear it all up and rethink it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

cook's summer priorities on 08:43 - Apr 23 with 361 viewsIpswichKnight

It’s clear the new owners will back Paul Cook, however they will not be as patient as ME was if it’s not working come October they won’t hang around. As they said on the podcasts they want to be out of L1 next season.

I can see us bringing in 2 new strikers who can play as a solo striker, if anyone makes us an offer on Norwood I don’t think we’ll turn it down.

Both our keepers are in contract we need to move one on to bring in a better keeper that is easier said than done.
cook's summer priorities on 10:10 - Apr 23 with 328 viewsPinewoodblue

cook's summer priorities on 08:43 - Apr 23 by IpswichKnight

It’s clear the new owners will back Paul Cook, however they will not be as patient as ME was if it’s not working come October they won’t hang around. As they said on the podcasts they want to be out of L1 next season.

I can see us bringing in 2 new strikers who can play as a solo striker, if anyone makes us an offer on Norwood I don’t think we’ll turn it down.

Both our keepers are in contract we need to move one on to bring in a better keeper that is easier said than done.

Norwood will find himself out on loan next season. No one is going to sign a 30 year old who misses one game in three and has only played a full 90 minutes a handful of games this season. Was tempted to say 2-3 games this season but haven’t fact checked it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024