Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? 14:00 - Apr 28 with 7679 viewsBonneNIL

Rumoured that the deal isn't to be renewed and an affordable alternative has been sourced. Puma coming in? They do a number of template kits for 3rd/4th division sides.

https://i0.wp.com/thesefootballtimes.co/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/1LWE_OAhgprN9

I remember there being much hype around Addidas coming in, and there being a bit of disappointment when our new home kit was a reused template for Bosnia and the away was the same as a strip they were marketing for half the price for pub teams!

I'd say the best home kit they did for us was 2021/22, with 2019/20 a close 2nd although the kits are basically the same. What were everyones faves?

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:03 - Apr 28 with 5336 viewsSTYG

I think pretty much everyone knows now that it's Umbro, that the home will be a nod to an old favourite and the away is red and black.

Several very good sources have suggested this is known.

The two you showed are decent enough. The throwback with the yellow badge was the second best. The first year was superb though, I thought that before we reached the playoffs in it.

The two with white sleeves were awful and I like us in white sleeves. The one with the red trim was awful, made worse by Magical Vegus, but the one with the arrows downwards in four shades was horrendous.
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:15 - Apr 28 with 5250 viewsabracaDOBRA_

It's definitely umbro, don't think were to far away from official hearing that
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:17 - Apr 28 with 5251 viewsSTYG

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:15 - Apr 28 by abracaDOBRA_

An open goal for them surely to do something that's a nod to this:

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:24 - Apr 28 with 5199 viewsabracaDOBRA_

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:17 - Apr 28 by STYG

It's a nod to one of our past kits
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:35 - Apr 28 with 5137 viewsKeno

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:24 - Apr 28 by abracaDOBRA_

do you think it will still be blue?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:38 - Apr 28 with 5110 viewsMattinLondon

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:35 - Apr 28 by Keno

Nah, next seasons home kit will be a nod to that seasons away kit. Bright orange.
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:39 - Apr 28 with 5103 viewsabracaDOBRA_

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:35 - Apr 28 by Keno

Nah, new owners are gonna do a Cardiff and change our club colours to purple. def info
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:51 - Apr 28 with 5025 viewsKeno

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:39 - Apr 28 by abracaDOBRA_

Nah, new owners are gonna do a Cardiff and change our club colours to purple. def info

something like thi

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:02 - Apr 28 with 4946 viewsSTYG

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:24 - Apr 28 by abracaDOBRA_

In that case it's got to be the white sleeves (presumably without the laces at the front!).

They'd be mad to use the blue and black number from the 9-0 era and one of the worst Premier League teams to exist ever!
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:06 - Apr 28 with 4924 viewshoppy

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:51 - Apr 28 by Keno

something like thi

https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/h/harchester-united/old-harchester-un

The 2001-3 shirt shown here was using our match footage in the programme I believe.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:14 - Apr 28 with 4887 viewsBlueBlood90

Umbro would be an absolute disaster in my opinion. They're an awful brand in comparison to Adidas.

Our Adidas kits have always looked great even if there hasn't been much thought put into them (same template for numerous clubs' kits)

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:27 - Apr 28 with 4825 viewsSTYG

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:14 - Apr 28 by BlueBlood90

Umbro would be an absolute disaster in my opinion. They're an awful brand in comparison to Adidas.

Our Adidas kits have always looked great even if there hasn't been much thought put into them (same template for numerous clubs' kits)

I have a few recent Umbro shirts that I play five-a-side in and they are class. In terms of design and material.

My brother in law supports West Ham and their kit this season is really good close up. I've got a couple of Schalke kits as well and one of the lads we play football is is from Luton and always wears a really funky blue number, which I think is there away kit this year.

Having a quick look at some of the kits they do, quite a few of the ones I like are them. Hull, Brentford, Huddersfield. I am well happy with them.
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:33 - Apr 28 with 4792 viewsabracaDOBRA_

That's not true, some of their shirts are really nice, can be personalised and are decent quality. Umbro isn't that chavy brand it used to be, they are taking on more clubs each year
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:34 - Apr 28 with 4779 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Are you going to care what we were wearing if we get promoted?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:41 - Apr 28 with 4745 viewsSTYG

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:33 - Apr 28 by abracaDOBRA_

That's not true, some of their shirts are really nice, can be personalised and are decent quality. Umbro isn't that chavy brand it used to be, they are taking on more clubs each year

Was Umbro ever chavvy?

All the chavs that used to hang around near me always had full Adidas tracksuits.

Adidas weren't all that for us. Some basic templates, which luckily for them worked because our golden years were in basic Adidas attire. If we didn't have those glory years with them people would have been incredibly disappointed with what they did.

We had four good shirts with them (last three years and first one) because they were very plain and similar to late 70's / early 80's apart from the odd bit of pattern. Everything else was a horrible template.
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:55 - Apr 28 with 4676 viewsabracaDOBRA_

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:41 - Apr 28 by STYG

Was Umbro ever chavvy?

All the chavs that used to hang around near me always had full Adidas tracksuits.

Adidas weren't all that for us. Some basic templates, which luckily for them worked because our golden years were in basic Adidas attire. If we didn't have those glory years with them people would have been incredibly disappointed with what they did.

We had four good shirts with them (last three years and first one) because they were very plain and similar to late 70's / early 80's apart from the odd bit of pattern. Everything else was a horrible template.

I grew up with Umbro, Slazengers, lonsdales being chavy yeah, now seems to be the in fashion!
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:57 - Apr 28 with 4656 viewsSitfcB

Apparently it’s like the 1992 kit.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 16:21 - Apr 28 with 4567 viewsSTYG

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:55 - Apr 28 by abracaDOBRA_

I grew up with Umbro, Slazengers, lonsdales being chavy yeah, now seems to be the in fashion!

Lonsdale I get. Anything that Sports Direct did was prime chav.

Just never noticed Umbro as being party to said fashion crimes.
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 16:35 - Apr 28 with 4518 viewsBLUEBEAT

Linighan taking his children out for a walk

Poll: W or W

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 16:41 - Apr 28 with 4486 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 15:57 - Apr 28 by SitfcB

Apparently it’s like the 1992 kit.

Umbro better start selling replacement laces in Planet Blue then.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 17:28 - Apr 28 with 4355 viewsPowrigan

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 14:15 - Apr 28 by abracaDOBRA_

Least If that is true I will save some money by not paying premium prices for sub budget quality trash that Umbro produce. Every negative has a positive.

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 17:55 - Apr 28 with 4257 viewsglasso

The thing with Umbro is that they appreciate us. I know people who work for them and though I haven't talked THAT much to them about our new kits beyond colours and stuff, I know that we're a good club for them. We weren't for Adidas - we were a little club for Adidas.

That's got to be a good thing.

I don't know whose fault it was (some was definitely due to shipping/Brexit/pandemic) but the kit supply has been pretty bad this year. I was hoping to get a kit for my toddlers and they took months to come in, sold out pretty quick and never got restocked, for instance.

I hope that with a new deal and new, more commercially-minded owners in place (and ones who *seem* to get the fuss about nice kits, as they were discussing concept kits etc earlier this year) there's a chance that we might get this right.

They might also recognise that a genuinely class kit + a big fanbase = great returns.
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 18:25 - Apr 28 with 4175 viewsElephantintheRoom

Just a thought - Franchise FC are a moribund third division team with a strictly limited customer base. Why would an international rip off merchant have any interest or motivation to do anything out of the ordinary.?

Perhaps it’s something fairly basic the club could do themselves.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 18:27 - Apr 28 with 4162 viewsMattinLondon

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 18:25 - Apr 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Just a thought - Franchise FC are a moribund third division team with a strictly limited customer base. Why would an international rip off merchant have any interest or motivation to do anything out of the ordinary.?

Not sure why you’re bringing MK Dons into this thread.
So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 18:27 - Apr 28 with 4163 viewsSTYG

So the end of Adidas and Ipswich? on 18:25 - Apr 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Come on Phil. Do the right thing.

Must be more than enough evidence now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024