Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln 12:19 - Feb 26 with 2801 viewsOsborneOneNil

He was the man being targeted by the US Consortium to take over as Town manager, apparently.

Interesting timing.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:20 - Feb 26 with 1996 viewsJ2BLUE

Of course he was. If Messi signs a new deal with Barca no doubt he would have been our first signing as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:21 - Feb 26 with 1975 viewsOsborneOneNil

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:20 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

Of course he was. If Messi signs a new deal with Barca no doubt he would have been our first signing as well.

Nice one.

He was the rumoured target.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:27 - Feb 26 with 1904 viewsOsborneOneNil

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:20 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

Also, you've just put Appleton in the same bracket as Messi, albeit in their different role. Surely Pep would be the rumoured managerial appointment if you are going to be hilarious as quote Messi as a new signing?

So, where are you now, back to thinking this is all rubbish, or on the fence because Joe and Phil gave it some substance?
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:27 - Feb 26 with 1901 viewsJackSted

where did you hear that

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:27 - Feb 26 with 1897 viewsIllinoisblue

4-year deal. Only the best of the best get 5 year deals

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:29 - Feb 26 with 1878 viewsMattinLondon

Not really interesting. Lincoln obviously want to tie him down and the takeover isn’t happening and is essentially rubbish spread by Twitter.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:31 - Feb 26 with 1856 viewsJ2BLUE

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:27 - Feb 26 by OsborneOneNil

Also, you've just put Appleton in the same bracket as Messi, albeit in their different role. Surely Pep would be the rumoured managerial appointment if you are going to be hilarious as quote Messi as a new signing?

So, where are you now, back to thinking this is all rubbish, or on the fence because Joe and Phil gave it some substance?

No, I think there is *something* in it. There are too many coincidences for me to believe it's entirely made up. I just think people claiming to know their plans when they takeover is step too far. It's very easy for attention seekers to come up with extra info to try and give it more credibility.

As I said, there is something in it. Whether it was an enquiry and rebuttal or something more I don't know. Either that or Johnson finds it funny and is trolling us.

Truly impaired.

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:31 - Feb 26 with 1852 viewsGeoffSentence

Have Lincoln learnt nothing from our experience.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:34 - Feb 26 with 1816 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

LOL

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:40 - Feb 26 with 1788 viewsPhilTWTD

I had heard similar, whether he might have been interested prior to signing his deal is a matter for speculation. However, he managed under Mark Ashton and Mike O'Leary at Oxford and like Ashton has a background at West Brom.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:44 - Feb 26 with 1727 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:31 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

No, I think there is *something* in it. There are too many coincidences for me to believe it's entirely made up. I just think people claiming to know their plans when they takeover is step too far. It's very easy for attention seekers to come up with extra info to try and give it more credibility.

As I said, there is something in it. Whether it was an enquiry and rebuttal or something more I don't know. Either that or Johnson finds it funny and is trolling us.

I don't think its real now.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:45 - Feb 26 with 1711 viewsJ2BLUE

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:40 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

I had heard similar, whether he might have been interested prior to signing his deal is a matter for speculation. However, he managed under Mark Ashton and Mike O'Leary at Oxford and like Ashton has a background at West Brom.

Hang on, so this is all rumoured but nothing concrete and yet we know their plans for the manager?

Not sure i'm buying this.

Truly impaired.

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:46 - Feb 26 with 1703 viewsPlums

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:40 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Suggesting things are fairly advanced? If potential managers are being spoken to and it’s substantial enough to spook their current employer into tying them down with a long term contract, that’s not to be taken as lightly as some might be suggesting.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:49 - Feb 26 with 1641 viewsOsborneOneNil

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:31 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

The reason, until now, I hadn't mentioned what I had heard. People suggesting it's some sort of attention seeking. It's not, it's got substance (the manager target).

As you've seen, Phil has backed that up. Funnily enough, he gets an 'uppie'.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:51 - Feb 26 with 1616 viewshype313

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:49 - Feb 26 by OsborneOneNil

The reason, until now, I hadn't mentioned what I had heard. People suggesting it's some sort of attention seeking. It's not, it's got substance (the manager target).

The problem we have is that there has been so much nonsense and bluster in-between snippets of truth, people are now sweeping everyone with the same brush.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:53 - Feb 26 with 1592 viewsOsborneOneNil

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:29 - Feb 26 by MattinLondon

Not really interesting. Lincoln obviously want to tie him down and the takeover isn’t happening and is essentially rubbish spread by Twitter.

It's not happening? Ah, ok.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:53 - Feb 26 with 1588 viewsJ2BLUE

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:49 - Feb 26 by OsborneOneNil

One up vote and nothing to do with me.

Do you know if the takeover is more advanced than many think then? Seems odd people would know the manager being targetted if it's early stage stuff.

Truly impaired.

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:56 - Feb 26 with 1545 viewslazyblue

of course he wasn't, this is getting really boring now.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:02 - Feb 26 with 1471 viewsPhilTWTD

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:45 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

Hang on, so this is all rumoured but nothing concrete and yet we know their plans for the manager?

Not sure i'm buying this.

Can only say what I'm hearing.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:04 - Feb 26 with 1439 viewsPhilTWTD

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:46 - Feb 26 by Plums

Suggesting things are fairly advanced? If potential managers are being spoken to and it’s substantial enough to spook their current employer into tying them down with a long term contract, that’s not to be taken as lightly as some might be suggesting.

Think they're more advanced than initially appeared and more likely to happen, as I understand it. Always scope for these things falling down, of course, we've all seen that with deals before.

Whether Appleton signing a new deal is related to any interest from here - or from elsewhere - I've no idea. Teams towards the top of the table tie their managers down to new deals at that point, as we know from our own situation just over a year ago!
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:05 - Feb 26 with 1393 viewshype313

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:04 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Think they're more advanced than initially appeared and more likely to happen, as I understand it. Always scope for these things falling down, of course, we've all seen that with deals before.

Whether Appleton signing a new deal is related to any interest from here - or from elsewhere - I've no idea. Teams towards the top of the table tie their managers down to new deals at that point, as we know from our own situation just over a year ago!

So, we're getting quite close to 'Imminent'? or are we still at 'TWTD Understands'?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:06 - Feb 26 with 1388 viewsJ2BLUE

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:02 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Can only say what I'm hearing.

I hope you're right. Cheers.

Truly impaired.

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:06 - Feb 26 with 1378 viewsOsborneOneNil

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:53 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

One up vote and nothing to do with me.

Do you know if the takeover is more advanced than many think then? Seems odd people would know the manager being targetted if it's early stage stuff.

Not sure if I should answer that, tbh. The stick you receive isn't worth it.

Mate, this is stuff I heard a while back.......
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:07 - Feb 26 with 1357 viewsOsborneOneNil

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:46 - Feb 26 by Plums

Indeed.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:07 - Feb 26 with 1345 viewschrismakin

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:04 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Could be Appletons way of securing a nice compensation package for the club similar to when players sign long term details to pump up their value.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024