Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? 14:10 - Feb 15 with 5261 viewshype313

Still got 2 years on his Dijon contract, but they are languishing in the second tier, could easily get pulled into another relegation.

We could probably get him at a reduced rate given their current plight.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 14:12 - Feb 15 with 3289 viewsElderGrizzly

Not if we are in League 1, no.

I don't think we can afford that much on one player, when we'll probably see another 8-10 player turnover in the summer.
Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 14:13 - Feb 15 with 3284 viewsJakeITFC

Think it's a fairly obvious yes if we can afford him and he wants to come.
Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 14:13 - Feb 15 with 3272 viewshomer_123

If L1 - look for another 1 year loan.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 14:16 - Feb 15 with 3230 viewsITFC_Forever

Not on those wages.

And doesn't contribute enough either compared to an Aluko or Chaplin.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 14:20 - Feb 15 with 3204 viewsIllinoisblue

Only if we find a way to use him more

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 14:20 - Feb 15 with 3198 viewsKieran_Knows

In a heartbeat.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 14:30 - Feb 15 with 3144 viewsGuthrum

Yes as a player. But, as others have said, the money might well be too much to justify it - in League One, at least.

The question is as much on his side. Would he want another season playing at this level and how much of a pay-cut would he be prepared to take in order to stay at Ipswich and maybe ride them back into the Championship?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 14:35 - Feb 15 with 3086 viewsitfcjoe

If the deal can be done then you do it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 14:36 - Feb 15 with 3086 viewsSomethingBlue

Think it's pretty much a given that he stays if we go up — and I'd be very happy with that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 15:11 - Feb 15 with 2891 viewsDeano69

Our conversion of loan to permanent for outfield players isn't great. Jimmy Bullard one such example that comes to mind

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 15:25 - Feb 15 with 2800 viewsDanTheMan

Assuming we can afford him without causing issues, absolutely.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 15:28 - Feb 15 with 2785 viewsDubtractor

It's a yes from me, as long as it wasn't a budget buster.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 15:32 - Feb 15 with 2743 viewsSwansea_Blue

Only if Judge isn't available. TWTD.

If affordable, it's a definite yes from me too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 15:36 - Feb 15 with 2727 viewsDavoIPB

Yes. But not sure he would take it. Did you see his expression when Norwood missed that chance. Think he looks frustrated with players around him at times.
Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 15:40 - Feb 15 with 2690 viewshomer_123

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 15:36 - Feb 15 by DavoIPB

Yes. But not sure he would take it. Did you see his expression when Norwood missed that chance. Think he looks frustrated with players around him at times.

I think that is his natural disposition.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 15:45 - Feb 15 with 2667 viewsChrisd

Celina shows flashes of his ability with a great pass or a terrific goal, but he simply doesn’t do it enough in games to warrant being signed permanently for me. There’s no doubt he has ability, but I’m expecting him to stamp his quality all over many L1 games to make a difference, but he rarely does. Lots of fans have their blue tinted specs on regarding Celina and don’t really take into account want he brings to our play to warrant his high wage.

So in answering your original question, it’s a no for me.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 15:52 - Feb 15 with 2615 viewsArnieM

I don’t think he’ll be here next season if we don’t go up this season. He won’t want to do another season at this level I feel …
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 15:53]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 15:55 - Feb 15 with 2578 viewsChurchman

If he wants to be here and his wage demand doesn’t compromise what we can offer others in the squad, I’d sign him. I think/hope we will have a settled, more balanced team next year and that may be able to exploit his obvious talent to better advantage.
Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 16:01 - Feb 15 with 2564 viewsitfcjoe

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 15:45 - Feb 15 by Chrisd

Celina shows flashes of his ability with a great pass or a terrific goal, but he simply doesn’t do it enough in games to warrant being signed permanently for me. There’s no doubt he has ability, but I’m expecting him to stamp his quality all over many L1 games to make a difference, but he rarely does. Lots of fans have their blue tinted specs on regarding Celina and don’t really take into account want he brings to our play to warrant his high wage.

So in answering your original question, it’s a no for me.

He can't put chances on a plate and then subsequently finish them - he's creating a lot.

He's currently 1st in the division for Assists per 90 minutes
8th in the division for expected assists per 90 minutes
2nd in the division for chances created per 90 minutes

And the fact he doesn't take set pieces means he'd be higher if just looking at open play

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 16:09 - Feb 15 with 2506 viewsChrisd

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 16:01 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

He can't put chances on a plate and then subsequently finish them - he's creating a lot.

And the fact he doesn't take set pieces means he'd be higher if just looking at open play

Fair enough Joe. I’m basing it on games I have seen and that’s not all of them this season.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 16:24]

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 16:28 - Feb 15 with 2419 viewsElderGrizzly

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 16:01 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

It's his style, which while those stats back up his contribution in an attacking sense, he appears to disappear for long periods. Maybe he's just energy efficient?

On a related note, what are "expected assists?" A stat too far?
Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 16:33 - Feb 15 with 2389 viewsChrisd

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 16:28 - Feb 15 by ElderGrizzly

It's his style, which while those stats back up his contribution in an attacking sense, he appears to disappear for long periods. Maybe he's just energy efficient?

On a related note, what are "expected assists?" A stat too far?

Very true. The games I have seen, he’ll show some terrific bits of ability and then goes missing and you forget he’s on the pitch. However, like I said previously I’ve not watched all our games this season.

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 16:47 - Feb 15 with 2302 viewsHighgateBlue

Celina has moments of true brilliance which look easy on the eye. He's the sort of player you wouldn't expect to be topping these stats. If he is doing so, that makes it all the more surprising to me that there are so many who aren't bothered if he stays or not. I must say, I've never really got the subjective sense that he doesn't create enough chances or goals, but I appreciate that subjective feelings like that can be coloured by all sorts of factors.

Out of interest, where did you find these stats? I've not seen these before.
Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 16:51 - Feb 15 with 2289 viewsSkip_Intro

Yes...simply yes...there are very few, if any, other players in this division who can deliver moments of sheer brilliance like he can (and has) and I think that he will flourish under McKenna's coaching. I think that he would be an excellent signing, especially given the style of football that McKenna is clearly building towards.
Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 16:53 - Feb 15 with 2266 viewshype313

Would you offer Celina a permanent deal in the summer? on 16:51 - Feb 15 by Skip_Intro

Yes...simply yes...there are very few, if any, other players in this division who can deliver moments of sheer brilliance like he can (and has) and I think that he will flourish under McKenna's coaching. I think that he would be an excellent signing, especially given the style of football that McKenna is clearly building towards.

I suppose it boils down to what league were in, if were still in League One, you would imagine he wouldn't fancy another year playing the likes of Fleetwood and fancies his chances higher up the divisions, if we manage to pull a play off win out of the bag then it's quite conceivable he would stay.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024