Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we covered Staines Town today yet? 14:35 - Mar 29 with 2095 viewsSteve_M

They have put out a rather extraordinary statement:

http://stainestownfootballclub.co.uk/urgent-club-statement/

"Staines Town Football Club (STFC) regrets to announce that pursuant to third party breaches of Section 54 of The Modern Slavery Act 2015 and other information that has come to light, we are forced to temporarily suspend all primary operations including but not limited to competitive fixtures, until a thorough investigation into the practices of Downing LLP has been concluded by the relevant authorities."

The webpage may hit capacity as it's gone viral but do read it, I won't post the text beyond the first paragraph as, although the statement has clearly seen legal review it's probably not ideal for Phil & Gav to post here in full.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 14:47 - Mar 29 with 1994 viewsabracaDOBRA_

yeah looks like the page has crashed!
Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 14:48 - Mar 29 with 1987 viewsIllinoisblue

Was just reading that and still thinking WTF have I just read about a non league football team.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 14:49 - Mar 29 with 1977 viewsIllinoisblue

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 14:47 - Mar 29 by abracaDOBRA_

yeah looks like the page has crashed!

They’re saying they’ve been hacked

62 - 78 - 81

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 14:51 - Mar 29 with 1948 viewsclive_baker

I was just on Ullaa's thread, but I think that's Stains town.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2022 14:51]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:03 - Mar 29 with 1847 viewshomer_123

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 14:48 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

Was just reading that and still thinking WTF have I just read about a non league football team.

It's not them but their owners/ investors though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:07 - Mar 29 with 1822 viewshomer_123

Again though....Saudi money appears to be OK in the game.

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:10 - Mar 29 with 1788 viewsWacko

Here it is, recovered: https://web.archive.org/web/20220329130137/ http://stainestownfootballclub.co.uk/urgent-club-statement/

Edit: copy both links into the same browser bar
[Post edited 29 Mar 2022 15:12]

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:18 - Mar 29 with 1727 viewsIllinoisblue

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:03 - Mar 29 by homer_123

It's not them but their owners/ investors though.

Splitting hairs there, homer.

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:20 - Mar 29 with 1713 viewshomer_123

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:18 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

Splitting hairs there, homer.

Not at all. Staines are basically calling out the FA etc about the fact their owners are wrong uns.

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:25 - Mar 29 with 1664 viewsIllinoisblue

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:20 - Mar 29 by homer_123

Not at all. Staines are basically calling out the FA etc about the fact their owners are wrong uns.

Well quite, I didn’t think it was the actual footy team themselves who were money laundering and up to other misdeeds.

Anyhoo, another reminder of the murky world of football owners.

62 - 78 - 81

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:42 - Mar 29 with 1566 viewsXYZ

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:25 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

Well quite, I didn’t think it was the actual footy team themselves who were money laundering and up to other misdeeds.

Anyhoo, another reminder of the murky world of football owners.

I'm not sure they're the owners - my reading of it is that they're the landlord - i.e. they own the ground not the FC.

Trying to force the FC out so they can develop the site.
Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 16:28 - Mar 29 with 1386 viewsstonojnr

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 14:49 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

They’re saying they’ve been hacked

I doubt they have, but with enough viral traffic hitting their site, their web hoster will have identified the sudden increase of volume as a potential denial of service (DOS) attack, not a Staines have just published a statement thats suddenly trending on twitter, and thought it was an attempt to flood their routers/servers with traffic to cause a memory leak/error that might open a backdoor through their security and so just shut it down. DOS attacks are a form of hacking, so Im sure Staines rang their web provider and asked whats happening to their website, and web provider responded well its an automatic shutdown response to potential hacker threat...

anyway theres plenty of copies of the statement floating around on
twitter etc now.
Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 18:08 - Mar 29 with 1168 viewsPendejo

Ali G always thought him a wrong un, but he's behind it all

Seriously WTF!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 18:23 - Mar 29 with 1100 viewsHighgateBlue

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:42 - Mar 29 by XYZ

I'm not sure they're the owners - my reading of it is that they're the landlord - i.e. they own the ground not the FC.

I'm not on top of this at all - why would modern slavery by a landlord prevent a tenant from using the leased ground for the purpose for which it is let?
Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 18:29 - Mar 29 with 1080 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well done Staines Town. Cripes, that’s quite a statement.

It sounds like they REALLY wanted to get that off their chest “ STFC will not go back to Wheatsheaf Park and play beneath the bloodied shadow of the profits of slavery, child abuse and all else. It simply will not be tolerated and is offensive and unacceptable in every form. Everyone associated with such practices must be stopped in their tracks and brought to book with urgency. This needs to start with the enablers of such acts who appear to operate with complete impunity under our noses, here in the United Kingdom.”

I can’t say I’m overly surprised by the nature goings on and that FIFA are also implicated.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 18:55 - Mar 29 with 1033 viewsXYZ

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 18:23 - Mar 29 by HighgateBlue

I'm not on top of this at all - why would modern slavery by a landlord prevent a tenant from using the leased ground for the purpose for which it is let?

I'm no expert, but it hints about "supply chain" audits - maybe the landlord is caught by the definition of a "supplier".

Staines may be over-egging the legal analysis.
Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 19:02 - Mar 29 with 1000 viewsNthQldITFC

This is likely to leave indelible thingmies on their reputation.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 19:24 - Mar 29 with 920 viewsgordon

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 15:42 - Mar 29 by XYZ

Yes - the ground Staines Town play is owned by the alleged dodgy organisation that want to develop it - what Staines Town are doing is using the Modern Slavery Act legislation act to call out the dodgy organisation and get the FA to help protect the club.

It's extraordinarily brave, because the risk of doing something like this is that you spend the next ten years of your life defending yourself in court, spending an awful lot of money that you don't have.
Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 19:27 - Mar 29 with 906 viewsgordon

Have we covered Staines Town today yet? on 18:55 - Mar 29 by XYZ

I'm no expert, but it hints about "supply chain" audits - maybe the landlord is caught by the definition of a "supplier".

Staines may be over-egging the legal analysis.

Think it's quite clever by Staines - they're saying their landlord is part of the supply chain, and they have a responsibility to ensure there is no human slavery in their supply chain - that legislation is aimed at e.g. low price clothes shops, but will apply across the board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024