Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Met Office reports this was warmest April on record 11:56 - May 4 with 952 viewsSteve_M

Just so you know.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-us/press-office/news/weather-and-climate/2020

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 12:01 - May 4 with 934 viewsDubtractor

Definitely no global warming evidenced by this ongoing breaking of temperature records though, oh no.....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 12:10 - May 4 with 914 viewsAce_High1

Was saying to someone earlier about the club cricket season, knowing our luck we will get the go ahead to start in July/August and the whole summer will be a wash out!
Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 12:48 - May 4 with 874 viewsFtnfwest

How come that says it was only the fifth warmest then?
Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 12:53 - May 4 with 862 viewsStokieBlue

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 12:48 - May 4 by Ftnfwest

It was the sunniest April in 4 countries in the UK and the 5th warmest on record.

I think Steve just meant to write sunniest.

If you really want to highlight something important from the article this should be it:

“Although April 2020 will be remembered for being the sunniest April on record in England and the UK, along with the sunshine, the month was largely dry with mean temperatures well above average for most parts of the UK. The UK climate is warming, and it is notable that in a Met Office series from 1884 the Aprils of 2003, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014 and 2020 are all in the top ten warmest.”

Single year statistics can be dismissed in various ways, trends like the above can't.

SB
[Post edited 4 May 2020 12:54]

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 13:15 - May 4 with 837 viewsbluelagos

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 12:53 - May 4 by StokieBlue

It was the sunniest April in 4 countries in the UK and the 5th warmest on record.

If you really want to highlight something important from the article this should be it:

“Although April 2020 will be remembered for being the sunniest April on record in England and the UK, along with the sunshine, the month was largely dry with mean temperatures well above average for most parts of the UK. The UK climate is warming, and it is notable that in a Met Office series from 1884 the Aprils of 2003, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014 and 2020 are all in the top ten warmest.”

Single year statistics can be dismissed in various ways, trends like the above can't.

SB

So if it was the sunniest on record, but only the 5th warmest - the clear implication of that is that the Sun is losing it's ability to warm us up. And given that it is the Sun that effectively gives us life, we are indeed all fcked, albeit maybe not next week.

This year just gets worse and worse.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 13:48 - May 4 with 802 viewsDubtractor

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 13:15 - May 4 by bluelagos

So if it was the sunniest on record, but only the 5th warmest - the clear implication of that is that the Sun is losing it's ability to warm us up. And given that it is the Sun that effectively gives us life, we are indeed all fcked, albeit maybe not next week.

This year just gets worse and worse.

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! AAAAAAAAARRRRGHHH!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 13:54 - May 4 with 798 viewspatrickswell

Extraordinary isn't it. I make it the country's had one really rainy day since lockdown started.
Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 13:58 - May 4 with 783 viewsbluelagos

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 13:48 - May 4 by Dubtractor

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! AAAAAAAAARRRRGHHH!

That Sir is the one thing we all know and can agree on. Just the small matter of when and how that divides opinions.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 14:05 - May 4 with 775 viewsSteve_M

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 12:48 - May 4 by Ftnfwest

Carelessness, basically.

Posted as an observation for all of us who've spent too much of the month inside.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 14:05 - May 4 with 773 viewslongtimefan

Think he's got his "sunniest" and "warmest" mixed up, which I must say the distinction eluded me for a while.

Edit: Sorry, late to the show!
[Post edited 4 May 2020 14:29]
Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 14:11 - May 4 with 761 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pretty clear that warmer weather causes Covid-19 then. Or is it the other way round?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 14:29 - May 4 with 752 viewsEly_Blue

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 12:53 - May 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Or maybe the ways in which we measure along with the accuracy of equipment being used and the other metrics for measurement have improved too?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 14:36 - May 4 with 746 viewsStokieBlue

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 14:29 - May 4 by Ely_Blue

Or maybe the ways in which we measure along with the accuracy of equipment being used and the other metrics for measurement have improved too?

Instruments have clearly improved.

A thermometer has been good enough for well over 100 years to keep track of temperatures in the same location and show the trend though.

To deny the trend is to misrepresent the science.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 14:39 - May 4 with 742 viewsFtnfwest

Met Office reports this was warmest April on record on 14:05 - May 4 by Steve_M

Carelessness, basically.

Posted as an observation for all of us who've spent too much of the month inside.

Absolutely. Seem to have got the natives stirred up so i'll retreat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024