Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is your voting intention on December 12? 21:01 - Oct 29 with 4931 viewsSuperfrans

What is your voting intention on December 12?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 30 Oct 2019 6:17]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 06:17 - Oct 30 with 4378 viewsSuperfrans

Bump

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 09:53 - Oct 30 with 4257 viewsSuperfrans

Bump again...

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 13:01 - Oct 30 with 4176 viewsSuperfrans

Another quick bump, to catch the lunchtime TWTD massive...

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 09:58 - Oct 31 with 3924 viewsSuperfrans

This has produced an interesting snapshot.

A poll of about 120 of us on TWTD, around 33% Tory, 36% Labour, 21% Lib Dem, just 3% Brexit Party, 5% undecided or won't vote. I'm particularly surprised how many are broadly left (Labour, LibDem, Green etc) - almost 60% of us.

Worth remembering when we're in the midst of a ferocious debate.

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 10:02 - Oct 31 with 3918 viewsDubtractor

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 09:58 - Oct 31 by Superfrans

This has produced an interesting snapshot.

A poll of about 120 of us on TWTD, around 33% Tory, 36% Labour, 21% Lib Dem, just 3% Brexit Party, 5% undecided or won't vote. I'm particularly surprised how many are broadly left (Labour, LibDem, Green etc) - almost 60% of us.

Worth remembering when we're in the midst of a ferocious debate.

Not sure I'd call lib dems left.

Also, this disproves the view from some (mostly brexiteers) that this place is just a big lefty bumfest. Itd actually a pretty decent cross section of voters.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 10:15 - Oct 31 with 3896 viewsJ2BLUE

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 10:02 - Oct 31 by Dubtractor

Also, this disproves the view from some (mostly brexiteers) that this place is just a big lefty bumfest. Itd actually a pretty decent cross section of voters.

I thin if you just polled the people who get involved in political threads it would have a strong left bias.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 10:18 - Oct 31 with 3883 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 10:15 - Oct 31 by J2BLUE

I thin if you just polled the people who get involved in political threads it would have a strong left bias.

The thinking person's politics!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 11:14 - Oct 31 with 3855 viewsPinewoodblue

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 10:15 - Oct 31 by J2BLUE

Balance of power lies with the silent majority.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 11:20 - Oct 31 with 3837 viewsSaleAway

How did you manage to get Conservatives red, and labour, blue? That properly confused me!

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 11:23 - Oct 31 with 3831 viewschicoazul

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 06:17 - Oct 30 by Superfrans

Bump

EdIt ignore me I clearly dont understand colours haha
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 11:23]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 11:24 - Oct 31 with 3825 viewschicoazul

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 11:20 - Oct 31 by SaleAway

How did you manage to get Conservatives red, and labour, blue? That properly confused me!

the tories are red Labour are blue and the green party are red im so confused

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 11:46 - Oct 31 with 3789 viewsSuperfrans

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 11:24 - Oct 31 by chicoazul

the tories are red Labour are blue and the green party are red im so confused

I know. I couldn't change that. It was automated by the site.

It's clearly a strategy by the TWTD illuminati (Phil/Gav) to screw with our minds...

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 11:47 - Oct 31 with 3785 viewsSuperfrans

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 10:02 - Oct 31 by Dubtractor

Left / right depends on your position, I guess. But I'd definitely put the Lib Dems left of centre...

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 11:58 - Oct 31 with 3755 viewschicoazul

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 11:46 - Oct 31 by Superfrans

I know. I couldn't change that. It was automated by the site.

It's clearly a strategy by the TWTD illuminati (Phil/Gav) to screw with our minds...

Always knew Gav was a shy Tory!

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 12:05 - Oct 31 with 3738 viewsmonytowbray

Dare I say this is probably more accurate than what the polls the media like to amplify are claiming.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 12:06 - Oct 31 with 3741 viewslowhouseblue

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 12:05 - Oct 31 by monytowbray

Dare I say this is probably more accurate than what the polls the media like to amplify are claiming.

on the basis that the people who click on a poll on twtd are statistically representative of the nation?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 12:15 - Oct 31 with 3720 viewsJ2BLUE

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 12:06 - Oct 31 by lowhouseblue

on the basis that the people who click on a poll on twtd are statistically representative of the nation?

Also, some people vote for the likes of Brexit and UKIP because they know it makes people froth at the mouth.

...so i've heard...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 12:41 - Oct 31 with 3681 viewswkj

William Keller Jackson, SNP. For a Norwich free from Westminster

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 18:47 - Nov 1 with 3391 viewsbritbiker

Based on the poll, I look forward to another five years of zombie parliament. Oh joy
What is your voting intention on December 12? on 20:47 - Nov 1 with 3322 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 18:47 - Nov 1 by britbiker

Based on the poll, I look forward to another five years of zombie parliament. Oh joy

I don't see why anyone thinks a General Election does anything to solve Brexit.

Conservatives remain likely to get the largest vote share. Regardless of whether that gives them a majority, they have around 33% of their MPs who will only accept no deal, 33% that will never accept no deal and 33% that will do whatever their leader tells them. With the opposition parties opposing whatever deal the Tory leader negotiates and opposing no deal, the only way for agreement in parliament is for their leader to go with the opposition and have a referendum or remain. That isn't going to happen.

Therefore, whatever the result in December, there will be continued impasse, another forced request for an extension with increasing demand for a referendum. The General Election is just a complete waste of time unless something very unexpected happens.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 22:27 - Nov 1 with 3246 viewsWD19

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 20:47 - Nov 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Conservatives remain likely to get the largest vote share. Regardless of whether that gives them a majority, they have around 33% of their MPs who will only accept no deal, 33% that will never accept no deal and 33% that will do whatever their leader tells them. With the opposition parties opposing whatever deal the Tory leader negotiates and opposing no deal, the only way for agreement in parliament is for their leader to go with the opposition and have a referendum or remain. That isn't going to happen.

Therefore, whatever the result in December, there will be continued impasse, another forced request for an extension with increasing demand for a referendum. The General Election is just a complete waste of time unless something very unexpected happens.

Yes and no. Presumably the Conservative manifesto will have a commitment to pass Boris deal before the end of January. Any MP elected on that manifesto will support it. Net: a majority means the deal passes.

Anything but a majority and the current impasse persists. Probably some kind of rainbow coalition coalescing around a referendum to unblock things.....assuming they can agree on the question to be asked.
What is your voting intention on December 12? on 23:08 - Nov 1 with 3203 viewsWorcester

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 20:47 - Nov 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree.

We were due an election about now if Teresa May hadn't called the last one in 2017. But if you want to go to the country to sort brevet then go to the country through a referendum about the one issue. A GE is naturally going to be about more than one issue.

I have felt that this election is just going to return a similar parliament too. The last referendum was sold as a chance to renegotiate our position with Europe to silence UKIP. It is so divisive that it may balls up politics for years to come.
What is your voting intention on December 12? on 10:33 - Nov 2 with 2985 viewsBigManBlue

You forgot the Monster Raving Loony Party...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 11:03 - Nov 2 with 2967 viewsOldsmoker

Why doesn't TWTD allow voter fraud?
It seems I can only vote once.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 12:04 - Nov 2 with 2937 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What is your voting intention on December 12? on 22:27 - Nov 1 by WD19

Yes and no. Presumably the Conservative manifesto will have a commitment to pass Boris deal before the end of January. Any MP elected on that manifesto will support it. Net: a majority means the deal passes.

Anything but a majority and the current impasse persists. Probably some kind of rainbow coalition coalescing around a referendum to unblock things.....assuming they can agree on the question to be asked.

Yes, because every elected MP enacts their party's manifesto once elected.

There is no way the ERG will accept Johnson's deal even if it means they leave the Conservative party after they have been elected.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024