Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ted Lasso… 21:22 - Oct 1 with 1292 viewsBlueastheycome

…thought I would give it a whirl after catching a snippet on the news a couple of weeks ago for winning some award.

Once I took the first series with a giant dollop of salt it was quite enjoyable. But the second series is just OTT with the cheese IMHO and not sure it’s as enjoyable as the first. I’m still waiting in eager anticipation if and when AFC Richmond play Ipswich at Nelson Road.
Ted Lasso… on 22:21 - Oct 1 with 1160 viewsRamRob

How far thru season 2 are you? second half drops the cheese

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Ted Lasso… on 22:29 - Oct 1 with 1137 viewsBlueastheycome

Ted Lasso… on 22:21 - Oct 1 by RamRob

How far thru season 2 are you? second half drops the cheese

Just watched the Xmas/love actually parody and I almost puked.
Ted Lasso… on 22:31 - Oct 1 with 1130 viewsHerbivore

Not watched it but from the snippets I've seen it looks like utter shoite.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ted Lasso… on 22:42 - Oct 1 with 1096 viewsRamRob

Ted Lasso… on 22:31 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

Not watched it but from the snippets I've seen it looks like utter shoite.

I dunno, Roy Kent is a laugh, like a toned down Roy Keane

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Ted Lasso… on 09:22 - Oct 2 with 816 viewsHeathlander

I love Ted Lasso. It’s brilliant. It is cheesy but also very moving. Each to their own.
Ted Lasso… on 09:30 - Oct 2 with 800 viewsBlueastheycome

Ted Lasso… on 09:22 - Oct 2 by Heathlander

I love Ted Lasso. It’s brilliant. It is cheesy but also very moving. Each to their own.

I liked how he came across as a bit of an incarnation of David Brent in the first few episodes but sadly that fizzled out.

Generally it is light hearted watching which is fine by me.
Ted Lasso… on 09:51 - Oct 2 with 766 viewsSimonds92

I think it's ok... but really underwhelmed by it after the awards it's won and the fact its produced by Bill Lawrence with Zach Braff involved as well. It's nowhere near as good as Scrubs.
Ted Lasso… on 10:47 - Oct 2 with 709 viewsTexaco73

Well... You have to discard the football element as it's just the vehicle to bring the diverse characters together.
It's all about human interaction, facing adversity and growing emotionally.

I think it is well done. There is the full range of character types and should be at least one of them that most people can identify with.
I suppose that is why it is successful.

It may come over as cheesy or OTT but the characters and interaction are skillfully written.

It's human behaviour and positive messaging with a sprinkling of humour.
I like it, as it isn't depressing like much tv drama and shows good outcomes can happen if your are prepared challenge yourself and the way you think.

That probably sounds all mushy and snowflakey, but I think that is also part of the reason for having football as the back drop. It is to give a way in for people in the traditional macho 'boys don't cry' world and there is a bigger range of emotions other than happy or angry.
Login to get fewer ads

Ted Lasso… on 11:17 - Oct 2 with 679 viewsKeno

Ted Lasso… on 09:51 - Oct 2 by Simonds92

I think it's ok... but really underwhelmed by it after the awards it's won and the fact its produced by Bill Lawrence with Zach Braff involved as well. It's nowhere near as good as Scrubs.

The first series was excellent, the second series has been different ore about the characters than the football.

It will be interesting to see where they go with series 3
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 11:18]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ted Lasso… on 11:25 - Oct 2 with 664 viewsElephantintheRoom

I thought it was very well observed and quite amusing- I cant imagine a Brit doing an NFL or baseball comdey quite so successfully.

It depends what you like viewing irrespective of awards and hype. Squid Game is allegedly the most popular programme Netflix has ever screened - and although its quite good, you might think you've kind of seen it before in Battle Royale

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024