Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If this takeover happens ... 01:11 - Mar 31 with 1856 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

... the truth about the Marcus Evans years will come tumbling out. I suspect that there will be many jaw-dropping moments, such as ignoring the players’ contracts until it’s too late, the level of disengagement, the disconnect between the club and fans, the constraints the managers were under and ineptitude in the transfer market.

We can only hope the new owners care enough about the club and football to make a real difference.
If this takeover happens ... on 01:19 - Mar 31 with 1805 viewseddiespearitt03

Just hope the player clear out happens first because the last thing this club needs are "USA" decision makers making the wrong decisions. The player clear out has to go ahead.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 1:25]
If this takeover happens ... on 01:36 - Mar 31 with 1778 viewsHipsterectomy

I would have thought we would have heard that from ex-managers by now. Keane mentioned it was a bit of a shambles signing players but he was also Evans' first manager. Jewell and Evans seemed to have got on very well personally and it sounds like Evans has kept in touch with Jewell and values his opinions about the club. Mick was happy to be running the show here...Hurst and Lambert both heavily implied there was a lot wrong at the core of the club but I doubt we'll ever find out what - it sounded like Lambert shared a few honest assessments to Evans in the days leading to his departure

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

If this takeover happens ... on 07:22 - Mar 31 with 1537 viewshype313

The issue is we know all that stuff, we know his disengagement with fans, we know he messed up on contracts, all the managers were quite vocal about the constraints they were working under, Mick, Hurst and Lambert said it on many occasions.

I'd be more interested to learn about the financial side of Evans ownership of us..

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If this takeover happens ... on 07:27 - Mar 31 with 1512 viewschicoazul

Nobody’s jaw will drop because everybody already knows all those things.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If this takeover happens ... on 08:25 - Mar 31 with 1354 viewsRegencyBlue

The things you mention seem pretty obvious already don’t they?
If this takeover happens ... on 08:32 - Mar 31 with 1314 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If this takeover happens ... on 01:19 - Mar 31 by eddiespearitt03

Just hope the player clear out happens first because the last thing this club needs are "USA" decision makers making the wrong decisions. The player clear out has to go ahead.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 1:25]

As opposed to a Guernsey based decision maker making all the wrong decisions?
The player clear out is by no means certain with Evans there. Someone will need to fund it.

Signing on fees, Agent fees, Re-location Fees etc etc etc.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If this takeover happens ... on 10:37 - Mar 31 with 1110 viewsChrisd

The state we are in at the moment, I'm not sure ME cares or has any pride about us. There's so many things around the club that has been left to rot away under ME and so much about us that is run in the wrong way that any potential new ownership surely would be a step in the right direction? Really got my fingers crossed this takeover is back on, we desperately need it to happen. Hopefully, new investment, new ideas and a new approach will provide fresh impetus to wash over the whole club because the current one has been abject at best.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If this takeover happens ... on 11:01 - Mar 31 with 1007 viewsstonojnr

If this takeover happens ... on 01:36 - Mar 31 by Hipsterectomy

I would have thought we would have heard that from ex-managers by now. Keane mentioned it was a bit of a shambles signing players but he was also Evans' first manager. Jewell and Evans seemed to have got on very well personally and it sounds like Evans has kept in touch with Jewell and values his opinions about the club. Mick was happy to be running the show here...Hurst and Lambert both heavily implied there was a lot wrong at the core of the club but I doubt we'll ever find out what - it sounded like Lambert shared a few honest assessments to Evans in the days leading to his departure

I've said it before none of the former managers and we've built a fair backlog of them now, have ever criticised Evans directly or personally in public, long after any NDAs would have applied, and none of those managers are known for not sharing their opinions publicly given the chance. If the situation were that bad with Evans running things, why would someone like Cook have agreed to join the club ?

We know the structure between Evans at the top and the manager hasn't been focused on the right things and suspect it's that level where things are allowed to drift because no one takes direct responsibility for them and Evans doesn't want to spend his time managing things directly so delegates.

I do think if you are betting on all that magically resolving itself just because you have some new owners, prepare to be disappointed
Login to get fewer ads

If this takeover happens ... on 11:15 - Mar 31 with 955 viewsBarneycurley

If this takeover happens ... on 07:22 - Mar 31 by hype313

The issue is we know all that stuff, we know his disengagement with fans, we know he messed up on contracts, all the managers were quite vocal about the constraints they were working under, Mick, Hurst and Lambert said it on many occasions.

I'd be more interested to learn about the financial side of Evans ownership of us..

Especially the part about where he's stashing all that money he's been making from being in the hole for £8 mill a season 😏

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

If this takeover happens ... on 11:17 - Mar 31 with 942 viewsKieran_Knows

If this takeover happens ... on 11:01 - Mar 31 by stonojnr

I've said it before none of the former managers and we've built a fair backlog of them now, have ever criticised Evans directly or personally in public, long after any NDAs would have applied, and none of those managers are known for not sharing their opinions publicly given the chance. If the situation were that bad with Evans running things, why would someone like Cook have agreed to join the club ?

We know the structure between Evans at the top and the manager hasn't been focused on the right things and suspect it's that level where things are allowed to drift because no one takes direct responsibility for them and Evans doesn't want to spend his time managing things directly so delegates.

I do think if you are betting on all that magically resolving itself just because you have some new owners, prepare to be disappointed

It clearly won't resolve itself over night, but if the new owners come in and appoint proper people in proper places (one poster who has been close to the deal said there would be a CEO, marketing & commercial director coming) then we might see things slowly begin to change i.e not letting players contracts run down.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If this takeover happens ... on 13:00 - Mar 31 with 798 viewsTieDyedIn95

If this takeover happens ... on 01:36 - Mar 31 by Hipsterectomy

We know it's broken and the impression we have had post-Mick is it has been complete chaos and the results +3 different managers have reflected that. Mick knew how to run a football club, it didn't matter that Evans and Milne didn't because at least the manager did. Hurst was a third division footballer turned non-league manager who managed a fluke season with Shrewsbury, he was never going to fulfil the Mick role.

Lambert? Might have done better had he been appointed before Hurst had arrived but he's been a largely spent force but you did get the impression the people above him were making bad calls also, especially with Evans trying to enforce this playing from the back playing style that we simply don't have the players to achieve.

Cook has come in full of praise for the owner and clearly had been in touch for some time, however if he's going to be hung out to dry like the others come contract and transfer window time he might also have a falling out with Evans.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

If this takeover happens ... on 13:32 - Mar 31 with 723 viewsStewart27

If this takeover happens ... on 11:01 - Mar 31 by stonojnr

You’ve completely contradicted yourself.

Going by your second paragraph I would expect that these things would change under new ownership.

Do you not think that the new owners would want to put a structure in place? Is that not a pre requisite of owning and running a football club in this century?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024