Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? 09:00 - Sep 6 with 2585 viewsOwainG1992

Some are quite annoying but I could listen to Danny Kelly read the yellow pages.
The guys great in my opinion.
Love the trans Europe show.
Also anything with Ally McCoist on a morning will do for me.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 09:03 - Sep 6 with 2559 viewssaffers12

Simon Jordan, speaks so much sense

Hawksbee and Jacobs - very funny chaps
Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 09:04 - Sep 6 with 2558 viewshype313

No one, they are all arrogant, thick, smug utter heathens of the highest order.

Change stations.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 09:08 - Sep 6 with 2522 viewsFtnfwest

H&J by far, although only get the chance to listen when in the car going to a meeting or site etc
Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 09:10 - Sep 6 with 2508 viewsgtsb1966

Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 09:03 - Sep 6 by saffers12

Hawksbee & Jacobs funny!!! What are you smoking?
Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 09:12 - Sep 6 with 2504 viewsChurchman

I rarely listen to it these days because the presenters are so bad, but I do like Ally McCoist. Dead funny and usually quite balanced with his views.
Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 09:13 - Sep 6 with 2500 viewsMetal_Hacker

Listen to it most days , whether I'm working from home like today or in the car off to meetings etc

Easier for me to suggest who I don't like - Jim White by a country mile . A55 kissing MOFO for the most

Simon Jordan on the other hand , controversial as he may seem at times , he speaks a lot of sense and adds to the day times radio drama

The one with the biggest lack of IQ would be Agbonlahor but adds to the comedy.He was asked something in one of the quizzes which mountain was the biggest in Europe - Everest being his answer

Poll: If it were one or the other

Talksport gets a bad press..... on 09:23 - Sep 6 with 2481 viewsBloots

....mainly from people who don't listen to it who only know about Jim White, Adrian Durham, Cundy and O'Hara.

There's a lot of decent content though.

As you say Danny Kelly is always good value (Trans Europe Express and Press Box), the Sunday morning show with Jonny Owen and Mark Webster is good too.

There's a decent series on at the moment called "After the lights go out" about life after sport, with Steve Harmison and Leon McKenzie. Interesting stuff.

Bent and Ambrose do a surprisingly decent show too.

McCoist, Jordan and H&J all add something too.

Plus their live coverage/results shows are far better than the BBC.

.....but of course saying anything positive about Talksport really isn't cool!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Talksport gets a bad press..... on 09:31 - Sep 6 with 2415 viewshype313

Talksport gets a bad press..... on 09:23 - Sep 6 by Bloots

....mainly from people who don't listen to it who only know about Jim White, Adrian Durham, Cundy and O'Hara.

As you say Danny Kelly is always good value (Trans Europe Express and Press Box), the Sunday morning show with Jonny Owen and Mark Webster is good too.

There's a decent series on at the moment called "After the lights go out" about life after sport, with Steve Harmison and Leon McKenzie. Interesting stuff.

That's why I'm so cool.

Login to get fewer ads

That goes without saying.... on 09:38 - Sep 6 with 2405 viewsBloots

Talksport gets a bad press..... on 09:31 - Sep 6 by hype313

That's why I'm so cool.

....to be honest, rarely does a day go by when someone doesn't send me a PM saying how cool you are.

"That Hype bloke is well cool, isn't he?"

Obviously I reply entirely in the affirmative, "Yeah he's well cool, probably the coolest person on this really cool forum".

You're well cool.

Dude.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

That goes without saying.... on 09:39 - Sep 6 with 2393 viewshype313

That goes without saying.... on 09:38 - Sep 6 by Bloots

....to be honest, rarely does a day go by when someone doesn't send me a PM saying how cool you are.

Obviously I reply entirely in the affirmative, "Yeah he's well cool, probably the coolest person on this really cool forum".

You're well cool.

Dude.

Some might say too cool for school, but I would blush at that.

Best to try and remain humble.

Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 09:43 - Sep 6 with 2372 viewsGlasgowBlue

Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 09:03 - Sep 6 by saffers12

Hawksbee & Jacobs have been doing the same act for 20 years now. It used to be funny but I've heard it all before.

Simon Jordan is very good if you want honest opinions backed up with experience and inside knowledge from the perspective of a former club owner.

TBH I haven't really listened that much lately. 20 years ago it was quite refreshing in a tabloid sort of way. Completely different to anything else that was about at the time.

Breakfast with Alan Brazil and Mike Parry was good. Mike "My health is not in question" Dicken was essential listening from 10am.

Tom Watt (Lofty from Eastenders) was pretty good as well.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 09:47 - Sep 6 with 2343 viewsGuthrum

Their cricket commentary was passable, tho I felt lacked the warmth of TMS.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 14:43 - Sep 6 with 1998 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning. But then i love the Guardian Football Weekly so...

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 14:49 - Sep 6 with 1988 viewsBluefields

H&J, Danny Kelly.
Pretty sure they dumb McCoist down as he's better than his output.
Woman on the breakfast show is shocking as is the new guy recently introduced.
Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 22:59 - Sep 6 with 1771 viewsreusersfreekicks

The Sun on the radio - no thanks
That goes without saying.... on 23:05 - Sep 6 with 1758 viewsMelford

That goes without saying.... on 09:38 - Sep 6 by Bloots

You're well cool.

Dude.

Bent and Ambrose are very good, Sunday is my hardest day at work and those two is a nice listen as I wind down. Benty in particular sounds like a really good articulate lad.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Talksport gets a bad press..... on 23:11 - Sep 6 with 1746 viewsMelford

Talksport gets a bad press..... on 09:23 - Sep 6 by Bloots

Durham's gone back to being a football reporter now, only does Drive on a Monday. Doing an around the grounds show in the evenings instead. H&J is an institution, half 3 on Friday is Clips Of The Week. Talksport is tainted by the likes of this tosser given a regular weekly show in years gone by

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Favorite TalkSport presenters/pundits? on 10:05 - Sep 7 with 1565 viewsIpswichKnight

It would be improved if they asked Gary Richardson to bring sportsweek back on talksport, heaven knows why the BBC ditched the best sports news program produced for a bunch of wanna be influencers will be a mystery for all time.

There live coverage is ok I don’t think it’s as good as the BBC but it is subjective I guess. I did think having live betting updates at half time might not be the best idea ever.
Talksport gets a bad press..... on 10:28 - Sep 7 with 1541 viewsGlasgowBlue

Talksport gets a bad press..... on 23:11 - Sep 6 by Melford

Durham's gone back to being a football reporter now, only does Drive on a Monday. Doing an around the grounds show in the evenings instead. H&J is an institution, half 3 on Friday is Clips Of The Week. Talksport is tainted by the likes of this tosser given a regular weekly show in years gone by

John Gaunt was awful. Tried to be the new Mike Dicken but had neither the class or talent. He was just an obnoxious bigoted gobsh1te.

Used to bang on about how he discovered the Specials if memory serves.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024