Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START 10:51 - Apr 13 with 5518 viewsChurchman75

His negligence is the reason why we are where we are.

One of the richest people in the UK and we get treated like this.

Yep woken up 😡 and hurting this morning

I don’t care what anybody says, he’s ruined us!!

Mr Cobbold and Mr Robson will be turning in their graves at the way we have been mismanaged and neglected. Shame on you Evans!!!!!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 10:54]

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:53 - Apr 13 with 2992 viewssparks

What is it you want him to do. Or is this just pram-based toy throwing?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:55 - Apr 13 with 2980 viewsChurchman75

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:53 - Apr 13 by sparks

What is it you want him to do. Or is this just pram-based toy throwing?

It’s what he hasn’t done

And yer a bit of both lol

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:55 - Apr 13 with 2975 viewsfooters

OK!!!!!!!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:56 - Apr 13 with 2971 viewsTractorCam

You start it then.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:57 - Apr 13 with 2964 viewspointofblue

In hindsight Evans’ big mistake was not throwing his weight behind Mick in January 2015 but, if we still failed to go up, then the club and possibly he himself might have been in trouble financially.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:58 - Apr 13 with 2952 viewssparks

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:55 - Apr 13 by Churchman75

It’s what he hasn’t done

And yer a bit of both lol

So... What exactly.

How much money is an owner required to spend on a club to please you?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:59 - Apr 13 with 2952 viewssparks

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:57 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

In hindsight Evans’ big mistake was not throwing his weight behind Mick in January 2015 but, if we still failed to go up, then the club and possibly he himself might have been in trouble financially.

His biggest mistake was sacking Magilton and appointing Keane.

About 90% of this board were absolutely behind him on that one at the time though. As they were when he appointed Hurst.

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:00 - Apr 13 with 2933 viewsGlasgowBlue

For a team in a sh1t place, the relationship between fans and players has never been better. We are going down with dignity. Our fans are head and shoulders above the blubbers we regularly see on our screens.

Let’s not sour the atmosphere and instead get 100% behind the job of getting back up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:03 - Apr 13 with 2934 viewspointofblue

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:59 - Apr 13 by sparks

About 90% of this board were absolutely behind him on that one at the time though. As they were when he appointed Hurst.

I think the majority of the board was supportive of Magilton leaving; not so sure about Keane being his replacement. And Hurst was definitely the number one candidate to replace McCarthy.

As fans we have driven out two managers who both had us midtable, with their replacements presiding over us spiralling downwards.

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:05 - Apr 13 with 2921 viewsBenters2

Balls can’t be arsed with it all.

Nobody cares anyway,as king of the north said the other day,we will just carry on banging out Bob Marley songs.

Let the party begin.
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:06 - Apr 13 with 2921 viewsGuthrum

The Cobbolds couldn't have afforded to put in money at the rate Evans has, even adjusted for inflation. Let alone the levels required to be top six in the highest tier.

Also (how many times does this have to be said?) a number on a rich list does not equal available cash to spend. It is the value of his businesses, not funds in the bank.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:10 - Apr 13 with 2892 viewsPendejo

Did you win the Euro lottery last night?

Do you have a net worth of over £100m?

If the answer to the above is yes please feel free to make ME an offer.

As far as I can see he's tried to run the club within FFP guidelines, i.e. sensibly, in a world where super rich egotists parachute in and spend squillions; the good "Vichai " , the bad "Sisu" and the ugly Shahid Khan [no real reason hate facial hair]

What I would say is that whoever is advising him is the panto villain!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:10 - Apr 13 with 2892 viewspointofblue

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:06 - Apr 13 by Guthrum

The Cobbolds couldn't have afforded to put in money at the rate Evans has, even adjusted for inflation. Let alone the levels required to be top six in the highest tier.

Also (how many times does this have to be said?) a number on a rich list does not equal available cash to spend. It is the value of his businesses, not funds in the bank.

To be fair I doubt anyone expects us to be top six in the highest tier with the current financial situation within the game.

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:13 - Apr 13 with 2878 viewsGuthrum

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:10 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

To be fair I doubt anyone expects us to be top six in the highest tier with the current financial situation within the game.

I was drawing a parallel with the situation when the Cobbolds and Bobby Robson were running the club. We were up there then.

It's not just the owner who's changed, but the whole environment (and the spending demands of the fans).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:19 - Apr 13 with 2842 viewsArnieM

Oh FFS,go and do your demos somewhere else. It’s negative, and absolutely bloody pointless. It will change NOTHING! But what it will do is undo all the galvanising work Lambert has done and Crete a toxic and miserable atmosphere at PR again which won’t help our youngsters.

Please DO NOT DO THIS !!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:24 - Apr 13 with 2830 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am not sure where he ranks in terms of the UK rich list but he isn't all that high in terms of worth within the Championship.

At the end of the day, we don't have much other option unless you can find a consortium that will buy him out. He has made many poor choices but I am sure he wants the club to succeed as much as we do. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem capable of putting things right.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:28 - Apr 13 with 2795 viewsjjblue84

Too late, the old Ipswich has been well and truly destroyed and there is now no way back!
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:30 - Apr 13 with 2797 viewsLord_Lucan

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:59 - Apr 13 by sparks

I agree with this.

Evans has pretty much always done what the fans wanted.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:35 - Apr 13 with 2784 viewsBLUEGOLD

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:19 - Apr 13 by ArnieM

Oh FFS,go and do your demos somewhere else. It’s negative, and absolutely bloody pointless. It will change NOTHING! But what it will do is undo all the galvanising work Lambert has done and Crete a toxic and miserable atmosphere at PR again which won’t help our youngsters.

Please DO NOT DO THIS !!!

Evans either is not in a position to or doesn't want to invest the sort of money needed to keep us in the top half of this division which would probably be another £5M to £10M per season on top of what he puts in.

Football has changed and the only way that we can get back to the top half of this league is to change our way of doing it.

Young players from the Academy given a good go in the first team seems to be the way Lambert & ME want to go & lets see how that does.

It might help us to entice young talent here as they can see a pathway to actually playing football the right way and if they are good enough then we benefit by getting promotion back to the Championship and they will get a move to a bigger club and hopefully we will get a decent transfer fee for them.

The football should be better as well, which was always the problem with Mick and is why people had had enough of him.

With him in charge we would have not gone down this season, as i'm sure his recruitment would have been better, but I doubt that the likes of Lankester & Mizouni would have got any game time.

Mick was always about the here and now with seemingly little planning for the future which is what we need to have.

You only have to look at that lot up the road to see what they have done this year, granted with the Maddison money, but they will now be fine for the next 5 years.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 11:42]
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:37 - Apr 13 with 2775 viewsNthsuffolkblue

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:30 - Apr 13 by Lord_Lucan

I agree with this.

Evans has pretty much always done what the fans wanted.

and maybe therein lies some of the problem.

One thing he has done against the fans is give the managers he has appointed time (aside from Hurst but I don't think many would argue with that call).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:41 - Apr 13 with 2757 viewssparks

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:35 - Apr 13 by BLUEGOLD

Evans either is not in a position to or doesn't want to invest the sort of money needed to keep us in the top half of this division which would probably be another £5M to £10M per season on top of what he puts in.

Football has changed and the only way that we can get back to the top half of this league is to change our way of doing it.

Young players from the Academy given a good go in the first team seems to be the way Lambert & ME want to go & lets see how that does.

It might help us to entice young talent here as they can see a pathway to actually playing football the right way and if they are good enough then we benefit by getting promotion back to the Championship and they will get a move to a bigger club and hopefully we will get a decent transfer fee for them.

The football should be better as well, which was always the problem with Mick and is why people had had enough of him.

With him in charge we would have not gone down this season, as i'm sure his recruitment would have been better, but I doubt that the likes of Lankester & Mizouni would have got any game time.

Mick was always about the here and now with seemingly little planning for the future which is what we need to have.

You only have to look at that lot up the road to see what they have done this year, granted with the Maddison money, but they will now be fine for the next 5 years.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 11:42]

So- up to £15m a season. Thats a hell of a lot to put in for an individual. Its also right at the limits of FFP. But if thats what you think an owner should be required to do- fair enough. Now we just need to find one.

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:43 - Apr 13 with 2737 viewspointofblue

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:13 - Apr 13 by Guthrum

I was drawing a parallel with the situation when the Cobbolds and Bobby Robson were running the club. We were up there then.

It's not just the owner who's changed, but the whole environment (and the spending demands of the fans).

True but expectations have changed accordingly due to this.

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:44 - Apr 13 with 2731 viewsFtnfwest

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:57 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

That's one thing I don't blame him for. Mick was categoric about what he needed in that window which was very little in his own words.
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:48 - Apr 13 with 2722 viewsreusersfreekicks

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:06 - Apr 13 by Guthrum

Let's not allow facts and pragmatism get in the way of us throwing our toys out of the pram.
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:49 - Apr 13 with 2718 viewsBLUEGOLD

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:41 - Apr 13 by sparks

So- up to £15m a season. Thats a hell of a lot to put in for an individual. Its also right at the limits of FFP. But if thats what you think an owner should be required to do- fair enough. Now we just need to find one.

I'm not saying that I think Evans should do that (although I'd obviously like to have seen him do it), it's just what you need to give yourselves a crack at the top half / play off area.

The other problem is clearly there aren't a queue of people wanting to buy a club like ours & if there was how do you differentiate between the owners of Leicester & QPR/Coventry??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024