Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds 10:07 - Aug 2 with 1197 viewsportmantales

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/130770.html

Blog: Hello Old Friend - AFC Wimbledon Home Preview

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:20 - Aug 2 with 1121 viewsHerbivore

What I find a bit odd is that earlier in the window he was saying that we're shopping in the out of contract market and that he's fine with that, he knows the constraints he's working under. Now a few weeks on he's complaining that there's no money. Does this mean ME isn't even stumping up for freebies or have Lambert realised that it's tough to operate in that market so has changed his tune?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:24 - Aug 2 with 1088 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:20 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

What I find a bit odd is that earlier in the window he was saying that we're shopping in the out of contract market and that he's fine with that, he knows the constraints he's working under. Now a few weeks on he's complaining that there's no money. Does this mean ME isn't even stumping up for freebies or have Lambert realised that it's tough to operate in that market so has changed his tune?

He's changed his tune. He would've known the situation coming in.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:25 - Aug 2 with 1075 viewsHerbivore

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:24 - Aug 2 by JammyDodgerrr

He's changed his tune. He would've known the situation coming in.

He also knew the situation about 3 weeks ago and said he was fine with it.

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:28 - Aug 2 with 1059 viewsDubtractor

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:25 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

He also knew the situation about 3 weeks ago and said he was fine with it.

I guess there are freebies, and there are players released by league 2 teams because they couldn't get a game.

Norwood is a good freebie, WIlson seems a desperate last resort because we need somebody/anybody as an experienced centre half.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:33 - Aug 2 with 1034 viewsHerbivore

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:28 - Aug 2 by Dubtractor

I guess there are freebies, and there are players released by league 2 teams because they couldn't get a game.

Norwood is a good freebie, WIlson seems a desperate last resort because we need somebody/anybody as an experienced centre half.

I guess what we don't really know is whether he's identified better freebies and we've failed to sign them or whether he's now asking for us to sign players that are under contract. Bit harsh on Wilson though, Lincoln fans seemed to rate him and he's played plenty at this level. He's fine as third or fourth choice CB at this level.

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:43 - Aug 2 with 997 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:33 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

I guess what we don't really know is whether he's identified better freebies and we've failed to sign them or whether he's now asking for us to sign players that are under contract. Bit harsh on Wilson though, Lincoln fans seemed to rate him and he's played plenty at this level. He's fine as third or fourth choice CB at this level.

Agree. Wilson is actually a sensible signing. Been here for weeks now, played three or so pre-season games. Already knows the system.

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 11:03 - Aug 2 with 933 viewsBlueySwede

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:20 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

I´m guessing the better freebies are asking for higher wages, and that is the stumbling block for Evans.
Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 11:10 - Aug 2 with 902 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 11:03 - Aug 2 by BlueySwede

I´m guessing the better freebies are asking for higher wages, and that is the stumbling block for Evans.

Understandably so, given anyone we sign at this point we basically be back up players.

Login to get fewer ads

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 11:15 - Aug 2 with 891 viewsHerbivore

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 11:03 - Aug 2 by BlueySwede

Maybe, we don't really know though.

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 11:17 - Aug 2 with 874 viewsMullet

Not Lambert's first time being frustrated at lack of funds on 10:28 - Aug 2 by Dubtractor

I did think we might pick someone up from France or Germany given the mooting of scouting there. Even if it was another Toure or Oar or whatever.

Makes you wonder what agents are demanding in signing on fees etc and our extra cash from sell ons won't be secret either.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024