Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lamberts rotation policy... 08:52 - Dec 16 with 691 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm sick to the back teeth of it now but I think we as fans need to suck it up for the next few weeks over the festive period as their will obviously be changes over this time, which is understandable.

He's got until after the Exeter game to work out his best team/formation & to stick with it from then.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lamberts rotation policy... on 08:55 - Dec 16 with 684 viewsitfcjoe

This from Stuart Watson in the verdict was an excellent spot:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/the-verdict-ipswich-1-bristol-rovers-2-1-6426032

It just feels like Lambert, having done and said what we all wanted to hear, is now suffering an identity crisis. What does he want this team to be over the long-term? We need to see where this is going.

Aggressive, all-action, high-tempo, in your faces - that 'rock and roll' football he spoke about? Fine. Build a team in your mould and stick to that.

Or does he want patient, possession-based, trust that our quality will ultimately break you down football? Fine. Commit to that.

Yes, you have to be adaptable and versatile, but you always have to start with a trusty Plan A. He might be keeping opposition managers guessing, but he's also keeping his own players guessing too. At times that's shown.

Rival teams are starting to really gel, becoming greater than the sum of their parts. The power of Ipswich's individual talents diminishes as result.

Lambert might want to remember a conversation he had with one of his many good German contacts. In an interview he gave to the Guardian back in February, the Blues boss recalled how, during his time in charge of Aston Villa, then Bayer Leverkusen manager Roger Schmidt asked him why he had frequently changed system.

"I was just trying to get a result," Lambert told his friend. "You'll confuse the players," was Schmidt's reply.

Lambert admitted: "I'd been confusing myself with the systems. Back three, four, five, two in the middle, three, couldn't get the result. He was right. I decided I wasn't going to waver from that advice."

It's good advice. Time for the confusion to stop. Time to take this relationship to the next level.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lamberts rotation policy... on 09:00 - Dec 16 with 649 viewsHerbivore

Lamberts rotation policy... on 08:55 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

It just feels like Lambert, having done and said what we all wanted to hear, is now suffering an identity crisis. What does he want this team to be over the long-term? We need to see where this is going.

Aggressive, all-action, high-tempo, in your faces - that 'rock and roll' football he spoke about? Fine. Build a team in your mould and stick to that.

Or does he want patient, possession-based, trust that our quality will ultimately break you down football? Fine. Commit to that.

Yes, you have to be adaptable and versatile, but you always have to start with a trusty Plan A. He might be keeping opposition managers guessing, but he's also keeping his own players guessing too. At times that's shown.

Rival teams are starting to really gel, becoming greater than the sum of their parts. The power of Ipswich's individual talents diminishes as result.

Lambert might want to remember a conversation he had with one of his many good German contacts. In an interview he gave to the Guardian back in February, the Blues boss recalled how, during his time in charge of Aston Villa, then Bayer Leverkusen manager Roger Schmidt asked him why he had frequently changed system.

"I was just trying to get a result," Lambert told his friend. "You'll confuse the players," was Schmidt's reply.

Lambert admitted: "I'd been confusing myself with the systems. Back three, four, five, two in the middle, three, couldn't get the result. He was right. I decided I wasn't going to waver from that advice."

It's good advice. Time for the confusion to stop. Time to take this relationship to the next level.

Odd that he's spent all season ignoring that good advice.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lamberts rotation policy... on 09:16 - Dec 16 with 621 viewsReuser_is_God

Lamberts rotation policy... on 08:55 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

Yes, I remember that bit from the interview at the time.

He really does need to remind himself of that otherwise he’s going to royally balls this up.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lamberts rotation policy... on 09:18 - Dec 16 with 621 viewschicoazul

I am persuaded of the virtues of rotation by the millions of people on here who have constantly told me it means all our players will be fit and firing from Feb onwards, it's his ongoing change of formations that is truly insane.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lamberts rotation policy... on 09:20 - Dec 16 with 602 viewsBlueBadger

Lamberts rotation policy... on 09:16 - Dec 16 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, I remember that bit from the interview at the time.

He really does need to remind himself of that otherwise he’s going to royally balls this up.

He probably will once he's done reminding us that he won the Champion's League once.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024