Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the scariest person you've ever met? 11:25 - Feb 13 with 12172 viewshampstead_blue

This week I met someone who has got two confirmed knife kills in the recent Afghan trouble. Proper hand to hand stuff, not the thing of film and fake SAS stuff (Chris Ryan), He did it after he'd had one of his calf muscles half shot off with an AK-47.

Thing is, when I met him I thought 'you are one properly hard bloke'.

Edit.
Just found out he was MI5 and his hobby is krav maga!
One bloke to be stood behind when it all goes pear shaped.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 15:58]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 08:09 - Feb 14 with 745 viewsCydonia

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 13:25 - Feb 13 by Lord_Lucan

Well there was this bloke I had an involuntary beer with in Bratislava who was a bit full on.

I'm going there soon, I said to the wife it sounds like somewhere I'd be kidknapped.

EDIT* For me, a long time ago I had some bloke swing for me with an Axe that was pretty scary.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 8:11]
Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 08:16 - Feb 14 with 727 viewsfergalsharkey

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:15 - Feb 13 by Illinoisblue

Once briefly met geezer Dave Courtney through a work event. He was well behaved and not scary though.

Dave Courtney........are you having a laugh.

What a soppy twot, about as hard as a wet cereal box.

Poll: Cook out?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 08:17 - Feb 14 with 728 viewstractorboy1978

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 13:52 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

I don't have evidence, and I believe I specified above I don't know the answer. Just seems odd he would still appeal and declare his innocence to this day and I still haven't seen a publicly stated link on how the DNA proved he'd committed murder considering he admitted to visiting said prostitutes.

The majority of serial killers throughout recent history had long histories of violence or suspect behaviour, and their killings often spread considerably. Although it may be possible Wright, if guilty, could have committed past murders, but it's very rare any serial killer suddenly murders 5 people out of no where in the space of 2 weeks, and it's also rare serial killers kill those they know (often victims are random which is why the cases are much harder to crack).

I'm just saying I still have my doubts he's guilty and will do until I see something that convinces me otherwise. It wouldn't be the first time a murder(s) has been pinned on the wrong people due to lose evidence, incompetence or purely to get a name to the crime and put a community at ease. Far from.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 13:54]

Wright offered virtually no defence during the trial which I think says it all.
Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 08:35 - Feb 14 with 705 viewshype313

Ant Middleton, lovely bloke, very friendly but you could see in his eyes that it wouldn't take much to flick the switch and he could do some serious damage.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 08:49 - Feb 14 with 686 viewsWarkystache

Jeremy Bamber. Although he was perfectly nice and complimented me on my Spider Man t-shirt back in 1983 when I was nine. All I remember is his eyes and how sharp they were. He used to drink in the same pub as my uncle, and although me and my cousins never went in the bar and kept to the beer garden with our halves of lemonade and our Golden Wonder crisps, we still saw him once. I think one of his (then) friends knew my uncle or something.

Very well spoken, he was. But there was something remote and scary about him even then.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 08:50 - Feb 14 with 683 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 08:35 - Feb 14 by hype313

Ant Middleton, lovely bloke, very friendly but you could see in his eyes that it wouldn't take much to flick the switch and he could do some serious damage.

A friend of a friend, SAS, 5 feet nothing and skinny as a rake. Lovely chap over a few beers, but the stare in his eyes said all I needed to know never to get on the wrong side. Shudder.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 08:58 - Feb 14 with 669 viewsHerbivore

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 13:52 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

I don't have evidence, and I believe I specified above I don't know the answer. Just seems odd he would still appeal and declare his innocence to this day and I still haven't seen a publicly stated link on how the DNA proved he'd committed murder considering he admitted to visiting said prostitutes.

The majority of serial killers throughout recent history had long histories of violence or suspect behaviour, and their killings often spread considerably. Although it may be possible Wright, if guilty, could have committed past murders, but it's very rare any serial killer suddenly murders 5 people out of no where in the space of 2 weeks, and it's also rare serial killers kill those they know (often victims are random which is why the cases are much harder to crack).

I'm just saying I still have my doubts he's guilty and will do until I see something that convinces me otherwise. It wouldn't be the first time a murder(s) has been pinned on the wrong people due to lose evidence, incompetence or purely to get a name to the crime and put a community at ease. Far from.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 13:54]

He'd picked up all of the girls on the nights they went missing. His DNA was found on all of the girls not placed in water (water destroys DNA evidence) and they found blood from at least one of the victims on his clothing. I'm not sure what more evidence would make it conclusive for you. Your doubts about the MO would likely be the case for whoever did the crime. It's pretty telling the killing stopped after he was arrested. I'm not sure a genuine serial killer would be sat there thinking "phew, I've got away with this one" and just stop when they've arrested the wrong guy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 09:05 - Feb 14 with 657 viewsitfcjoe

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 08:58 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

He'd picked up all of the girls on the nights they went missing. His DNA was found on all of the girls not placed in water (water destroys DNA evidence) and they found blood from at least one of the victims on his clothing. I'm not sure what more evidence would make it conclusive for you. Your doubts about the MO would likely be the case for whoever did the crime. It's pretty telling the killing stopped after he was arrested. I'm not sure a genuine serial killer would be sat there thinking "phew, I've got away with this one" and just stop when they've arrested the wrong guy.

I'd heard locally that he was nailed on for 3 of them, but 2 they were struggling to get as good a case (possibly) the ones whose DNA had washed away and there was a real concern that they may need to split the trial and just try him on the 3 which would get through

Had a lot of back and forth with CPS on whether to link all 5 together, they knew he'd done all 5 but didn't want whole case to collapse when 3 were so straightforward

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 09:07 - Feb 14 with 642 viewsartsbossbeard

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 09:05 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

I'd heard locally that he was nailed on for 3 of them, but 2 they were struggling to get as good a case (possibly) the ones whose DNA had washed away and there was a real concern that they may need to split the trial and just try him on the 3 which would get through

Had a lot of back and forth with CPS on whether to link all 5 together, they knew he'd done all 5 but didn't want whole case to collapse when 3 were so straightforward

I got talking to a copper who was involved with the investigation and he was 100% certain that SW was the murderer.

"Well, the murders stopped after we arrested him, didn't they?" Was his response when I quizzed him over a pint.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 9:13]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 09:09 - Feb 14 with 632 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 13:05 - Feb 13 by EdwardStone

Out on the lash in a small non-tourist town in Turkey

A waiter at the hotel wanted to improve his conversational English....loads of free booze with my meal and then a trip out on the town with him, several bars and then ended up in a nightclub

We were joined there by a couple of his mates...including a tall heavy looking dude in a full length Gestapo style long leather coat

A small town Turkish nightclub is not really like anything I had ever experienced, it mainly consisted of sitting at a table with all my male companions and drinking.... a nearby table of local lovelies sat at a nearby table, looking across at us, waving and giggling.

Apparently the correct protocol was not to talk to them, buy them a drink or engage with them in any normal way. The only way forward was to get a basket of fruit sent to their table.....so a basket of fruit was duly dispatched to them

Random bloke on the next table went ballistic....he had been eyeing them up for ages and had already donated some fruit and obviously felt that my small punnet containing 3 mandarins, a few grapes and a ropey looking apple was an insult to him and had completely undermined him.

He came over to me in a rage...veins on forehead bulging and pure evil in his eyes....who new that your 5-a-day could spark so much fury

Things were looking decidedly iffy until the tall leather coat man stood up and got between me and Mr Angry. A couple of seconds later Mr Angry's face turned ashen....his demeanour changed to humble and scared. He grabbed his coat and fled.

I asked Mr Waiter what had happened....He explained that Leather Coat was an off-duty cop and had pulled his gun on the troublemaker and threatened to kill him right there

" But surely he wouldn't do that? " I asked

Waiter shrugged.... "He killed two last year....why not?"

I bought leather coat man a beer....and fled

Gulp.

Makes mental note to not go to a small town Turkish nightclubs (or sit anywhere near Callis on a train).

I ran away from some some Maoists through a rhododendron forest in Nepal once, although we never got to see them so that feels like a bit of a cheat. And similarly in Pakistan we had the Taliban tracking us but the locals wouldn't let them in the valley (we found this all out afterwards, so were blissfully ignorant at the time).

That's about the closest, knowingly, I've come to right nut jobs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 09:11 - Feb 14 with 626 viewsPJH

We never got introduced as such but when we were playing away to Twente Enschede in 1973 the crowd in front of me and my mate started to part and there was this Dutch bloke in a long leather coat and a dagger of some sort in his hand coming up the steps.
My mate and myself were only a few steps above him when a group of British army blokes charged down from the back and piled into him.

We won 2-1, Peter Morris and Bryan Hamilton with the goals.
Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 09:16 - Feb 14 with 608 viewsJohnWarksTash

I was in The Wherry in Oulton Broad (that well known hell hole!) in the middle of the 90's and was queuing for a pint of Harp when I got barged in the back and almost pushed over. I turned round swearing and looked up and it was the then WBO world heavyweight champion of the world Herbie Hide and his entourage .....suffice to say I quietened down a little bit...I may have even let him get served first.....he's a big scary fella I can tell you......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024